• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Villa v The Wulfs - Matchday Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the fuck have we only got a point out of that? One sided second half and the referee was a disgrace. Hutton had no idea how he blocked Cavaleiro's shot who did everything he could. Feels like a defeat to be honest.

Lets get back to the studio se we can here Holloway and Hendrie tell us what Villa need to do and completely ignore us

Helder MOTM for us and the ref for them.

Played very well 2nd half and pleased when we went 4-4-2 as we looked very potent. We look so much more comfortable at 4-4-2, it's almost like they know what they're doing better. Costa MotM for me with Saiss a close second.

At least we had an average first half instead of a poor one so that's an upgrade.

According to Sky stats we only had 2 shots on target????

the goal, cav when hutton blocked, Edwards header are 3 off the top of my head

According to Sky stats we only had 2 shots on target????

Yes dino but for once that really does not tell the story. We stuffed them second half. With a little luck and better finishing it would have been at least 3 -1

Holloway's impressed, my life is complete :)

the goal, cav when hutton blocked, Edwards header are 3 off the top of my head

For some reason I don't think they count blocked shots even if they're on target

I managed to get a stream for the second half, and i await Frank's explanation for that ref, he shouldn't be reffing schoolkids.

I missed Chester's foul initially as I was putting the kids to bed but how was he not sent off???

Should have had 3 penalties today and can't believe Cav had that shot blocked at the end.

Yes dino but for once that really does not tell the story. We stuffed them second half. With a littylittyle luck and better finishing it would have been at least 3 -1

I can't believe that stat is correct but as far as I'm concerned the ref cost us 2 points. Everybody thinks the challenge on Bod was a pen., even Leigh Hendrie, who also agreed that Chester should have had a red card for his challenge.

The ref bottled quite a few decisions for both sides, and someone needs to explain about 'playing the advantage', or has that been taken out of the game now?

I agree we needed the slightest bit of luck, but the ref didn't do his job properly and really, really affected the result of the game, to the detriment of Wolves.

Think Walt got that wrong at the start - Villa low on confidence

A goal up & that would have been easy - gave them too much space in midfield in the first half

Still unlucky not to come away with 3 points frm that

Costa was MoTM despite not playing the full 90

I can't believe that stat is correct but as far as I'm concerned the ref cost us 2 points. Everybody thinks the challenge on Bod was a pen., even Leigh Hendrie, who also agreed that Chester should have had a red card for his challenge.

The ref bottled quite a few decisions for both sides, and someone needs to explain about 'playing the advantage', or has that been taken out of the game now?

I agree we needed the slightest bit of luck, but the ref didn't do his job properly and really, really affected the result of the game, to the detriment of Wolves.

You are right. I posted earlier the ref was as bottler. Bod really unlucky on the pen. IMHO if theirs is a pen so is bods. No difference. Car should have scored and Edwards denied by a great save. Take a point and move on. They were lucky not to lose.

Cav was unlucky to be fair, beat the keeper and blocked by Hutton. I thought saiss and Hause were excellent, with costa superb.

Think Walt got that wrong at the start - Villa low on confidence

He did but I can see why he did. He would have expected an early push from Villa - New manager, playing a new formation etc...except what happened was Villa performed like they have been doing but in the new formation. Bruce has a big job on his hands.

Verdict thread is open - some confidence after that performance

We seem to be able to match the relegated Premier tems, but come unstuck against the bottom feeders - need to rectify that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back