• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Villa v The Wulfs - Matchday Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quirkafleeg

EMF Band Member. Dube player.
Reaction score
Come on then.... Its time to shit on the Villa...

Hope Bod is back, havent really listened to Walter this week have been busy, but with him playing for Iceland the other night hopefully he'll start..

Come on then.... Its time to shit on the Villa...

Hope Bod is back, havent really listened to Walter this week have been busy, but with him playing for Iceland the other night hopefully he'll start..

Yesterday he said no issues with those that have been away on International duty. So Bod should return up top today. He only played in 1 game and didn't do the full 90.

We've looked so lightweight up front the last two, no surprise Bod was missing for both of those.

We've looked so lightweight up front the last two, no surprise Bod was missing for both of those.

Its fine playing someone like Ivan there if you are going to play to his strengths. Putting him there and lumping balls above his head is piss poor.

I want a win personally. The arrival of Potato head doesn't suddenly make them Real Madrid.

We beat Blues in Bruce's first game in charge of them (Dec 2001) so hopefully a repeat of that. I don't really fancy us though.

There's a case for saying no permanent Wolves manager has won their first game since Graham Taylor. DJ had been appointed when we beat Forest in the cup but he was on a watching brief only (then drew at home to Pompey), Colin Lee won as caretaker 6-1 at Ashton Gate but his first game as full time boss was at Albion and we lost 2-0. We only beat Aldershot on penalties in Solbakken's first game so that doesn't really count.

Another $#@!ing myth...

Yes its a myth, but this season myths have bitten us 3 times with ex players scoring, so this time I ask you forgive my slight apprehension. We need to defend well and press their midfield that is not strong. Counter attack and support bod.

I will happily forgive it.

Villa are not a great side. This is a chance to go to their place and nick a win. I expect a close game though, and we just have to see how it goes.

Cu0ZLBnXYAE238q.jpg:large

Edwards as part of the front 3 I guess? Going to be relying on a bit of magic from Dadi or Costa from this.

Diamond midfield? Saiss holding, Edwards at #10, Costa up front with Bod?

4-4-2 by the looks of it, can't say im thrilled looking at that selection.

I presume it will be Costa and Bod up top with Edwards floating aimlessly behind?

Good god Tims guess at the formation is even more depressing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back