• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wanderers v Wanderers - Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be fine if we were on par with last season. We've taken about twelve steps backwards.

He hasn't got a clue what his strongest XI is and we're suffering from his continual shuffling.

Football is a ruthless game. You can respect a manager and still understand that he's out of his depth.

Alan - you are the worst culprit. It is bad, of course it is, but your stuff just sounds a touch extreme.

Henry rightly claiming the defender handled that with his arm extended...
The ref replied, "Now don't be coming to me with all of that malarkey Mr Henry, get on with the game."

The same $#@! coach who led us to the League One title two seasons ago and led us to the most points to not reach the play offs last season...
Yeah that's the one who don't know his best team. As for record points to not going up. Look back at his decisions over November when he turned us from the tightest defence in the country to leaking goals all over the place. As for league one yes he won it. Let's go down again so he can show his prowess at this level.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Don't apologise, Alan. I, for one, agree with you.

I'm all for giving managers time through rough spells if there is some sign that the tinkering is having some effect on performances. As it is now, I'm not sure what the hell we're trying to do to improve and that worries me.

No need for apologies for God's sake, but Jackett has done enough last season to not be abused from on high, but he does make some odd team selections with some odder subs. Also, I'm afraid he get out tactic'ed a bit too often. So he needs to get this sorted.
If we end up 2-2 or even 2-3 and swan off with 3 points, he'll be just the best thing.

Yeah that's the one who don't know his best team. As for record points to not going up. Look back at his decisions over November when he turned us from the tightest defence in the country to leaking goals all over the place. As for league one yes he won it. Let's go down again so he can show his prowess at this level.

I'm confused - who turned it into the tightest defence in the first place then?

I'm all for questioning the manager in this instance, but at least let's have some consistency.

I think you have to judge him afte 10 games but it isn't looking good so far. This silly diamond or narrow 4-3-3 he's changed to simply isn't working. However I wonder if he's been hamstrung by the incompetent recruitment team and it is maybe Thelwell that should be replaced?

They don't like it when you don't agree with them. Didn't you know this manager won league one..... Blah blah blah

Seeing as the feed from the ground has been dropped, this is a decent forum and debate is good and welcomed.
Don't be talking shite with that 'Us and Them' rubbish.

sent from my Dell laptop not using tap anything.

Seeing as the feed from the ground has been dropped, this is a decent forum and debate is good and welcomed.
Don't be talking shite with that 'Us and Them' rubbish.

sent from my Dell laptop not using tap anything.

+1

They don't like it when you don't agree with them. Didn't you know this manager won league one..... Blah blah blah

Aiki doesn't mind when I don't agree with him as it generally leads to me giving him £10!

I think you have to judge him afte 10 games but it isn't looking good so far. This silly diamond or narrow 4-3-3 he's changed to simply isn't working. However I wonder if he's been hamstrung by the incompetent recruitment team and it is maybe Thelwell that should be replaced?

Am starting to think that the recruitment needs a little more scrutiny but for my money the squad is still good enough to go and do more than just lay down and gift goals to everyone as seems to be the case.

I mean, in what world is picking Doherty over Iorfa ever really acceptable?

Edwards neatly chips it over the defender, a great run from Afobe as the ball reaches Wallace 8 yards out, but as Afobe drifts away from his man into space, Wallace falling backwards lifts the ball over the bar.
He's now holding his head not believing he's not put us back in the game.

Shocker!

Am starting to think that the recruitment needs a little more scrutiny but for my money the squad is still good enough to go and do more than just lay down and gift goals to everyone as seems to be the case.

I mean, in what world is picking Doherty over Iorfa ever really acceptable?
Not my world, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back