• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome PERMANENTLY to Wolves Helder Costa

Point one....we'll see, but I hope you are correct, but how do you think we got him to sign, knowing he'd have PL options in the Summer? Point two it was on the yellow ticker as soon as we announced it.

we have done the Sako talks, give us one more season we have fked up this year but if you give us one more season to get into the PL if we dont u can go is what u think they have told him and then just thrown money in his face contract signed :D

also i was talking about it being covered on sky sports news hq.

That's a brilliant piece of business whichever way you slice it.

Happy to have paid that just to have him on the highlights for the rest of the season.

Worst case scenario is he leaves in the summer and we make at least £10 million

That's a brilliant piece of business whichever way you slice it.

Happy to have paid that just to have him on the highlights for the rest of the season.
Said this a few times now but in terms of natural ability he's the best player I've ever seen play for Wolves. Seriously. Better than Robbie Keane, Bully, Lescott, Murray and anyone else you care to mention from the last 30 years. For as long as we have him, we must enjoy him.

He is better than Sako.

As I said on Facebook, for me he is better at this level than Jarvo and Kites and they were pretty bloody special. Probably the best player in an Old Gold shirt since the early eighties at the very latest.

He is better than Sako.

As I said on Facebook, for me he is better at this level than Jarvo and Kites and they were pretty bloody special. Probably the best player in an Old Gold shirt since the early eighties at the very latest.

wasnt saying sako is better just pointing out how we got him to sign, im guessing he will give us one more season and if we get promoted we keep him if we dont he will be sold im sure thats in his contract.

Sorry Dazza - I wasn't attacking you in any way with my post, I never even saw that you had posted about Bakary.

To be clear I loved Sako here. He was awesome. But this is another level again. Quite why Benfica have let him go is a (Mendes-based) mystery.

Robbie's the best I've seen in the flesh. Not seen Helder live but am seriously contemplating a trip up now. Seems an age since it was worth the time and money for a distant fair-weather fan like me.

this to me lacks ambition, it will hurt the club/fans, we dont want to be a club like that we will not move anywhere if thats the case

I totally agree. I HOPE it is a very unlikely worst case scenario. We have protected our position wonderfully with this move.

I would love to know what Kevin "very unlikely we can get Helder" Thelwell thinks tonight.

Great news and absolutely no downside at all to this deal. Could do with a Mendes buying us a striker too...

Mental stuff. Absolutely fucking mental.

Sorry Dazza - I wasn't attacking you in any way with my post, I never even saw that you had posted about Bakary.

To be clear I loved Sako here. He was awesome. But this is another level again. Quite why Benfica have let him go is a (Mendes-based) mystery.

i wasnt attacking either lol :) also i like this reply to wolves twitter of the Costa signing :D b5a7ce2badb0470ea6522c15ce914d16.jpg

Said this a few times now but in terms of natural ability he's the best player I've ever seen play for Wolves. Seriously. Better than Robbie Keane, Bully, Lescott, Murray and anyone else you care to mention from the last 30 years. For as long as we have him, we must enjoy him.

You youngsters.

Costa is a joy to watch, and I'm really pleased he's signed for us.
Personally, I feel Peter Knowles is the best I've seen in a Wolves shirt, followed closely by Peter Broadbent.

I totally agree. I HOPE it is a very unlikely worst case scenario. We have protected our position wonderfully with this move.

I would love to know what Kevin "very unlikely we can get Helder" Thelwell thinks tonight.

do you think that line was just bsing from Kevin ? or did the owners actually watch us play and see what Costa offers to us and thought we need this lad and have made it happen ? i think this was all planned before the loan deal imo we were always going to sign him if he worked out, the same with Teix too i think but he didnt work out.

Trying not to get carried away but Costa seems to have the lot fast, great feet, great delivery, scores goals, works hard....he doesn't have the downsides others have had so far. Thrilled it's done love the end of the YouTube video where he asks if what he said is ok bless him.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I think it's really difficult to judge. Sako excited me more, but was less consistent. Kightly was more effective in our promotion season, but had better players supporting him. Keane was a kid so we all really saw was great raw potential. Natural ability in a position though would go to Murray, just not a natural body unfortunately.

Back