• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Molineux - Grant Holt

It's not even about how he does for me Langers. It's the direction the club is going in, Grant Holt isn't progress.

It's about stopping the rot for me. We can forget about progress until a new owner comes in

Surprised, would laugh if one of our rivals signed him, not very impressed at all but I might do something wholly outlandish like give him a chance and get behind him.

Yeah, but I don't think anyone's planning to turn up tomorrow and boo him. Just on all the available evidence it's a terrible signing. If Adrian Chiles and Piers Morgan teamed up for a new chat show you'd pre-judge it as being appalling, given that Wigan have been paying other teams for Grant Holt to play for them for large chunks of the last two years it's fair to say he's unlikely to turn our season around. Even if we accept that we needed another striker (I don't think we did, but whatever) you cannot tell me that is the best possible one we could have got.

It does allow us to send Bright out in loan - he needs the football. I have no problem with Holt being st the club as long as he isn't playing.

People have different views and we should really listen to them instead of lambasting I suppose. Although I still think he's crap ;-)

It's not even about how he does for me Langers. It's the direction the club is going in, Grant Holt isn't progress.

He's the opposite to a progressive signing, that's for sure. But he's got experience and he's got strength and he's only here til January so it sounds to me more like a stop gap signings who may help off the pitch even if he can't help on it.

I think it's a poor signing but I think I'm one of the very few who can understand - if not wholly agree - with NWW.

I'm not advocating it but I'm sure as hell not calling for the bloody manager's head or setting fire to my season ticket in a hissy fit either!

Which is fine, and dandy. I don't rate him that highly but I made the same mistake with BCI

I freely admit I went all OMG with Big Chris and look what happened... Im sure if Mr Holt can have the same few months as Chris did then I'll get the custard for that humble pie..

Oof. Not exactly worried about filling the supporters with confidence, eh Jackett?

Astounding. Just astounding.

I'm trying to make sense of this but what an earth has happened here? After all of the rhetoric of only signing players who will improve the group I just fail to see how he could improve on Afobe or ALF. Five years ago then maybe but he has faded badly

Williamson and Sagbo were necessary given the dire straits we had in both positions and we couldn't choose but this signing holds no water and I'm now convinced Jackett has totally lost it.

Yeah, but I don't think anyone's planning to turn up tomorrow and boo him. Just on all the available evidence it's a terrible signing. If Adrian Chiles and Piers Morgan teamed up for a new chat show you'd pre-judge it as being appalling, given that Wigan have been paying other teams for Grant Holt to play for them for large chunks of the last two years it's fair to say he's unlikely to turn our season around. Even if we accept that we needed another striker (I don't think we did, but whatever) you cannot tell me that is the best possible one we could have got.

If those pair were on a TV show, I simply wouldn't watch it. Grant Holt makes me think 'meh' if I'm being positive about it but it wouldn't make me stop watching Wolves.

And of course I don't think he's the best we could have got. Far from it. But the razor blades are staying in the cupboard at Chez Langers.

Which is fine, and dandy. I don't rate him that highly but I made the same mistake with BCI

It's a reasonable parallel (I was against that signing and was proven wrong), but Iwelumo had scored 28 goals in the two seasons before we signed him (both at Championship level) and was only just turning 30. It's the fact that Holt hasn't done anything for absolutely ages and he's significantly older than Iwelumo was that marks this out as an especially bad one.

Not many players go on a noticeable decline between the ages of 31 and 34 and then suddenly pick back up.

He's the opposite to a progressive signing, that's for sure. But he's got experience and he's got strength and he's only here til January so it sounds to me more like a stop gap signings who may help off the pitch even if he can't help on it.

I think it's a poor signing but I think I'm one of the very few who can understand - if not wholly agree - with NWW.

I'm not advocating it but I'm sure as hell not calling for the bloody manager's head or setting fire to my season ticket in a hissy fit either!

Not a hissy fit, I've thought KJ was losing it before this, as many have done, and this shows he's just not got the ideas to turn around a shambolic season to date. As I've put up in another thread, this is how his Millwall team went. Fans love Jackett, he's just not that good a manager.

As for Thelwell, he's an embarrassment, an unprofessional mess of a scouting system has unfolded underneath him and he should be immediately removed from any recruitment position. There are far better people available to Wolves than this mediocre individual.

I don't think that either loan signing is gonna be here for the long haul but is Thewall and Jackett the only ones happy with Holt? Seems it! I don't think he'll start tomorrow if he's been so long without football

Actually I've thought of a positive - "Grant Hoult" will inevitable appear at some point to help us fill up the elusive XI of continually misspelled Wolves players. All hail the human barrel.

No offence, in advance, but you'd have to be a right tool to spell 'Holt' as 'Hoult'. Other way round maybe.

fuck sake! I hate the idea that because he us old he will be invaluable on the training pitch and bring experience. Anyone who has played football at any level will tell you that not everyone over the age of 32 is some valuable assert for everyone else, sometimes they can still be pricks!. Not saying that is the case, or that I know anything about Holt etc, its just one of those cliches that I hate.

Unlike Le Fondre at least he offers something if he isn't scoring. I like Le Fondre but he is a bit Darren Bent at times in that he only offers goals and in games when he doesn't score it's a bit like he isn't playing.

Back