• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Molineux - Grant Holt

He does, i think it's a bit of a myth that all he offers is a poacher.

Fuck. The only thing that Holt can influence is the tide.

I am not sure that I have seen such a negative reaction to a signing for a long time. Let's hope that Holt proves people wrong.

This gives Bright the chance to get game time for the U21's? That is just total bollocks. Whatever the increasingly stupid Jackett says, this is what Bright hears: "Well, son, you've done really well this season. Or you thought you had. Actually we've been so impressed that we're giving your place on the bench to the North West Pie Eating champion. No fuck off back to the U21's and don't forget to clean Grant's boots in the morning."

$#@! sake! I hate the idea that because he us old he will be invaluable on the training pitch and bring experience. Anyone who has played football at any level will tell you that not everyone over the age of 32 is some valuable assert for everyone else, sometimes they can still be pricks!. Not saying that is the case, or that I know anything about Holt etc, its just one of those cliches that I hate.

Unlike Le Fondre at least he offers something if he isn't scoring. I like Le Fondre but he is a bit Darren Bent at times in that he only offers goals and in games when he doesn't score it's a bit like he isn't playing.

Exactly right - there's an exact parallel with business. Why has he worked for so many different companies? Because he's a prick and no-one likes him. There's absolutely no evidence that older players bring experience or knowledge or pass it on to younger players.

has anyone considered that Holt has come in with a view to a permanent transfer in January, thus allowing the sale of Afobe to fund SM's retirement plan.

Highly highly unlikely. That isn't the way to get the best price for the club, and he can't just take Afobe transfer fee out as extra cash, because any buyer would want that value and more knocked off the purchase price.

It is a shite transfer, but that theory is hugely flawed.

I'm not saying it will happen, but it leaves it as a possibility. Perhaps after not allowing him to leave at the start of the season, he was given the chance to leave in january if we wern't in the promotion pack.

Highly highly unlikely. That isn't the way to get the best price for the club, and he can't just take Afobe transfer fee out as extra cash, because any buyer would want that value and more knocked off the purchase price.

It is a shite transfer, but that theory is hugely flawed.
Take the last 5 words off his post and it's entirely plausible.

Welcome Grant, you have just made team selections and substitutions even more entertaining. Kenny Jackett sure as hell enjoys digging himself enormous holes.

Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player"

WOW just WOW!

Ha ha ha, hee hee hee, ho ho ho....................oh.:(

Well at least now when Batth and Williamson are smashing 60 yard clearances into the oppositions half we can throw Holt on to try to be in the right area get on the end of them.... That's about the most positive I can be at the moment

It's about stopping the rot for me. We can forget about progress until a new owner comes in

But is the rot in the striking department? Only seven sides have scored more goals than us this season although only seven sides have conceded more.

Williamson was essential because we're down to the bare bones defensively and perfectly sensible but it would seem to me Holt has been signed aesthetically and without any merits given Afobe and ALF are doing their jobs and after all the rhetoric about Stearman needing to go for Hause and EEL's future the same thought hasn't been extended for Bright. I'll give Holt a chance but I think the signing is pointless.

hopefully the 'new signing' syndrome will work, at least for awhile and we claw out a couple of wins quickly.

While I do wish Holt all the very best, I am sorry but this makes the logic for selling Stearman even more baffling. If we are giving the youngsters a chance, then Bright should have been the one given the opportunity.

Signing Holt doesn't make selling Stearman more baffling at all.

Signing Holt is just baffling on its own.

Well, that was unexpected. Not entirely sure why we've actually signed him, but hope he does something useful if he even gets a game. Would obviously prefer Afobe and ALF any day.

On the bright side, another past-it striker who we wouldn't want here made an instant impact recently. See: Ameobi.

Signing Holt doesn't make selling Stearman more baffling at all.

Signing Holt is just baffling on its own.

In my opinion it does. I thought we we giving the youngsters the chance to prove themselves. So we bring in two 30 plus players in.

In my opinion it does. I thought we we giving the youngsters the chance to prove themselves. So we bring in two 30 plus players in.

I'd imagine KJ's thinking on this is using experience to stop the slide, rather than thrusting young, unproven players into troubled times. The latter could backfire horribly by a) not working, and b) potentially damaging the development of the youngster. Obviously the former could still backfire if Williamson and Holt don't help, but I can understand the reasoning for trying experience over youth.

I'd imagine KJ's thinking on this is using experience to stop the slide, rather than thrusting young, unproven players into troubled times. The latter could backfire horribly by a) not working, and b) potentially damaging the development of the youngster. Obviously the former could still backfire if Williamson and Holt don't help, but I can understand the reasoning for trying experience over youth.

Hopefully it works, but if this forum is anything to go by, then things could get a little uncomfortable for KJ if it doesn't.

Back