• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

We're all off to get blue passports Watford 1 - 2 Wolves verdict.

Fair enough, maybe im being overly critical, he also gave a pen against city but coady and boly have probably made as many mistakes otherwise. I am refusing to budge on weakest link, he is the first player I would upgrade as a starter (and place on the bench for depth, NOT sell)

Fair enough, maybe im being overly critical, he also gave a pen against city but coady and boly have probably made as many mistakes otherwise. I am refusing to budge on weakest link, he is the first player I would upgrade as a starter (and place on the bench for depth, NOT sell)

That is fair enough and its an opinion. Personally, he may be upgraded but I do not see him as weak.

The anti-Bennett nonsense is a load of fucking cock. How about laying off him? We FUCKING WON TODAY. We are in pole position for a European tour. Jesus wept.

Agree Paddy, just fuck off with all the Bennett bashing on social media. Fucking moan moan moan some folk.

I won’t quote as Tony has covered it.

He has barely made any mistakes, that’s the funny thing. Today and Leicester’s first are the only ones I can really think of, and even the Leicester one Gray still has a lot to do and and one of Neves, Saiss and Rui could have helped him out.

I can’t think of any game where he has been “horrific” or out of his depth.

Even if you lose both the next two we would finish having won more games than we lost. Which is actually an extremely rare thing outside the Super clubs. Burnley last year and Everton the year before the only two in the last two seasons, and then Leics, West Ham and Southampton the season before.

I'm going to be controversial here and I'm opening myself up for a slating. I think the real Wolves are the side that have got 4 points from Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal, that have won away at Spurs, that have comfortably beaten Everton, Burnley, Bornemouth and West Ham. That is who.we are. The team that have struggled against Huddersfield twice, Brighton twice, Cardiff, Fulham and Southampton. That isn't the real Wolves. In that context I am beginning to believe that we have actually under-achieved this season. We should be a team that finishes in the top 4 or 5. That is how good we can be. We're a fucking great side and it's a shame that our league position doesn't reflect how good we really are.

I'm going to be controversial here and I'm opening myself up for a slating. I think the real Wolves are the side that have got 4 points from Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal, that have won away at Spurs, that have comfortably beaten Everton, Burnley, Bornemouth and West Ham. That is who.we are. The team that have struggled against Huddersfield twice, Brighton twice, Cardiff, Fulham and Southampton. That isn't the real Wolves. In that context I am beginning to believe that we have actually under-achieved this season. We should be a team that finishes in the top 4 or 5. That is how good we can be. We're a fucking great side and it's a shame that our league position doesn't reflect how good we really are.

I am not quite there but do believe 7th should already be ours but we are where we are. The fact it is still in our hands is a big plus and we have done as much as possible to rectify the shit results.

I am not quite there but do believe 7th should already be ours but we are where we are. The fact it is still in our hands is a big plus and we have done as much as possible to rectify the shit results.

Dont get me wrong I'm not unhappy with our season at all. We have proven to be a superb side, which is why I think it isn't unrealistic to say we have actually under achieved. And I think next season and in seasons to come we are going to break the stranglehold of the big 4 and competing at the very highest level is merely a matter of time. We are on the verge of becoming very very special.

I actually get where you are coming from entirely. Personally, I think you are just not giving enough kudos to the point that we are new to this level, that is all.

When Paddy says things you damn well listen...

Most fans have been on Doc's side for quite a while to be fair. See: ludricous POTS vote in 2016, lots of people praising him as a LB in 2016/17. I've seen far more criticism of him on this forum than I do anywhere else (and I'm one of those guilty of doing it).

Personally I still don't think he is that good a defender (and his crossing is spotty). He excels in a very niche role that he wouldn't get elsewhere but does deserve a lot of credit for how much he has improved. He's infinitely better now than he was before Nuno took over, as Nuno's system has managed to get the best out of him while covering for his shortcomings.

He's very useful in the more open games where there is space to run into. Very good at timing his runs, excellent stamina, fairly solid on the ball and decent physique. His delivery is still not all that great, and he's not very effective against low lying opponents where there is little room to move and the long diagonal balls in his direction are cut off. He has a habit of getting caught out very high in the field for counterattacks as well. I think we very much need a more technical, continental style alternative in the squad for breaking down the Sheff utds and Brightons out there.

And we've definitely not yet evolved beyond the Bennetts of this world. Reliable, defensively solid, inexpensive and loyal (he's at his very peak and surely knows it, unlikely to rock the boat if benched for a period of time). Great player to have in the squad, though obviously we all hope for a solid upgrade in the summer.

We dont have enough experience at this level yet, and there is a lot of chance involved as well, being a fraction of a second too late, hitting the post, something tiny can change a game comoletely. Bad refereeing decisions, etc. We dominated many games this season where we drew or lost. These things happen, they will happen every season. If we finish 7th and end up with a european spot I think its an amazing season. Anything else is still a great season

I actually get where you are coming from entirely. Personally, I think you are just not giving enough kudos to the point that we are new to this level, that is all.

I get that, and that is why we will break the monopoly sooner rather than later. This has been a season to gain experience and learn from mistakes. That doesn't detract from the fact that we are better than our results show. On our day we have shown we are a top 4 side. We just need to make our day happen more frequently.

We are way behind the big ones in squad depth which is an important part of it. When the forwards weren't scoring we struggled a bit, when Huddersfield shut up shop we had no clear solution. Don't underestimate the huge gap between the championship and competing in europe

We are way behind the big ones in squad depth which is an important part of it. When the forwards weren't scoring we struggled a bit, when Huddersfield shut up shop we had no clear solution. Don't underestimate the huge gap between the championship and competing in europe

That is fair enough. I think we are 3-4 big signings away from having a squad that is really capable of challenging consistently. But as I said, I think we are a top 4 side, even with the squad we have now. Strength on the bench is where we are let down.

Yep. I have bemoaned that too. But, I fully believe so much has been learnt this season that we could be even stronger next year. That will depend on our summer transfer activities. Get the depth, get the chance to improve on an excellent first year back.

I personally cannot wait for the summer transfer activity. I expect us to bowl a LOT of people over with the players we bring in.

As I have said previously a lot of those in the media who comment about football seem to struggle to get their heads around the fact that we are a lot nearer a Manchester City than we are a Huddersfield.

Some nuggets from Murphys Mob site...
Its as if they cant see what a pair of cunts Deeney and Foster are.

"Wolves really are a poor side and can count themselves extremely lucky to be walking away with all three points"

"Wolves reaction in town suggests they've won their cup final. Bless 'em on their big day out"

"Wolves fan's reminiscent of a League 2 team beating a Prem team in the 3rd Round of the cup. The bitterness after Wembley so evident"

"I agree that wolves were not all that"

"I was genuinely convinced we would win that game today. Wolves really are not that special at all, and up until the horrendous flap from Foster they looked more than happy with a point"

"As has been said, today was the Wolveses cup final. As displayed by their fans cheering each air punch from their manager after the final whistle and their chanting outside the ground afterwards"

"Wolves fans are like kids high on sweets. They just can't handle winning matches, they get far too excited and this shows in being bad winners and obnoxious behaviour. Thank god we beat them at Wembley. Walking out of that ground into cocky Wolves fans on mass would have been unbearable"

At least we dont sing Rocket Man at half time like fucking sea lions.

Back