• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will Wolves finish 2023/4?

What will the final league position be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony Towner

Reaction score
Ok, so we know who the manager is and that additional players will be minimal at best so time for the poll. Less options than usual as I think we can all agree Europe isn't happening

No signings, light on depth at CB, poor manager to come in, tough opening set of fixtures, potentially a difficult home atmosphere to come... personally I think we will end up going down.

I’ve put going down. What I’ve seen from O’Neil at Bournemouth concerns me massively. Hopefully the small sample size means I’m wrong

O'Neill kept a worse squad up than he will have here. I can understand the pessimism and choice but not the assumption that we will be worse than Bournemouth.
Yep. A lot of odd faith in Everton, Forest, B’mouth, Palace, Burnley. Not necessarily on here but in general

Well he plays 4 2 3 1, as we believe we did very well against Rennes, so i went with 11-15.

Was 4-4-1-1 against Rennes first half then we swapped around with a couple of shapes after HT with all the changes and settled back into more or less 4-4-2.

To be honest there's nothing stopping him just copying that format and playing either JG or Bouba instead of Hodge, then putting either Fabio or Sasa as the striker instead of Cunha who can go in behind where he's supposed to be. It's a pretty good team.

About 18-14th will be a massive struggle, goals again the issue think it’ll be our 4th straight season where we don’t score more than games played.
However still have a strong midfield that’s better than at least half the division so that’s some hope.

I went with "Scrap" but I think it'll be decently congested between 12th and 18th, really. Fine margins with O'Neil being mostly unproven, could go to the final day with some bad luck, but I think ultimately we'll be okay with some weeks to spare.

As much as it pains me to say it I think we'll be gone, however i'm usually wrong and hopefully this is no exception.

Back