• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

I'd be happy with that, but it would depend if there was an overhaul in the summer. With the loss of parachute money I doubt there will be much money available to buy players if we are trying to break even.

Depends on who is running the ship doesn't it

1) Moxey and Co - We will drift along
2) Emotional Return for Morgan - We might spend a bit more
3) Mad Foreign Owner - Sven in charge, millions spent before he is sacked and Nigel Pearson is employed.

I'd be happy with that, but it would depend if there was an overhaul in the summer. With the loss of parachute money I doubt there will be much money available to buy players if we are trying to break even.

"Break even" is such a misleading term - there is no need for a business the size of Wolves to have to "break even" on a year by year basis. Holding medium to long term debt is not a problem as long as it is serviceable so we could borrow to invest if the will was there. Not spending beyond our means would be a more accurate description of Wolves since Morgan took the reins and due to our time in the Premier League we have been able to do that through income, the loss of that income means alternative funding streams need to be identified which could include sale of players or careful borrowing.

That or get bought by someone very rich.

Frank De Boer is pretty damn scathing on his opinion of Boilesen.

http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=267455

He's pretty much telling him he has future at Ajax and for his best interest he should move ASAP.

Nicolai Boilesen has publicly been critising Ajax, who has demoted him to the youth squad the last half a year or so, in the last few days. Frank de Boer is just responding to that, saying that the club over the last 3 years has told Nicolai Boilesen that this situation could come, if he didn't extend his contract.

But all this media coverage serve only one purpose, which is attracting offers from interested clubs. I hope he ends up at Wolves, but also reckon that he has a chance to join a higher ranked club. I also think he will move in the January window, which could be in favor of Wolves signing him. Another 6 months without first team football isn't really an option, I guess.

"Break even" is such a misleading term - there is no need for a business the size of Wolves to have to "break even" on a year by year basis. Holding medium to long term debt is not a problem as long as it is serviceable so we could borrow to invest if the will was there. Not spending beyond our means would be a more accurate description of Wolves since Morgan took the reins and due to our time in the Premier League we have been able to do that through income, the loss of that income means alternative funding streams need to be identified which could include sale of players or careful borrowing.

That or get bought by someone very rich.

It's not me you need to convince of that.

Mid to lower table it is then, as expected once Morgan put the club up for sale. We badly need a buyer but cannot force one - especially the right one.

We have been relegated to the Vanarama and placed the Bhatti's back in charge judging by a quick browse of the Mol Mix!

Not reinvesting now is fine for all the reasons others have said, however if that is the case, I don't believe we will spend much of it in the Summer, so essentially Afobe will have been sold for next to zero benefit to the rest of the squad. If that is the case then manage that information accordingly, don't make fans believe you are going to sign a forward. Personally I think we'll get someone, but for a small fee or loan

Hopefully with the same result, cant see what the fuss is about him, if he was any good Leeds would have put at least 6 past us before xmas.

Don't really understand it either. He hasn't done too badly this season for a very average Leeds side, but his Millwall loan aside he has never really set the world alight anywhere.

Tim really must be bored today. Stealing a living that bloke.

In any case, didnt want Wood in summer 2014, didnt want him last summer - still do not want him now. As someone alluded to, he should have scored a minimum of 2 versus us - I also have a Leeds fan working for me who constantly bemoans his finishing ability.

I love it when you translate a foreign document.
That article on Boilesen not re-signing has this amusing sentence...

'"If he had re-signed and there came a great club, then he can go. Now he has to sit on the blisters. "
Would he fail his medical with that?

I love it when you translate a foreign document.
That article on Boilesen not re-signing has this amusing sentence...

'"If he had re-signed and there came a great club, then he can go. Now he has to sit on the blisters. "
Would he fail his medical with that?

Here are the two articles -1) Critique on Ajax from Boilesen 'I am not gready' and the response from Ajax 'your own fault'
http://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/boilesen-jeg-er-ikke-graadig/
http://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/skuffet-de-boer-det-er-boilesens-egen-skyld/

Not interested, not that good, only one good season, move broke down after a fee agreed with Leicester, couldn't score past our powderpuff defence list goes on.

Favourite quote from that article is this:
Will that change now? Never say never, but only likely if Wolves get desperate in filling the void for Afobe. Shelling out around £5m in the process might not be a wise business move.

Amazing. I doubt we'll spend £5m all window and pre-season let alone on one player. Laughably out of his depth is Spiers.

He's doing what every journalist does, make up shit for people to comment on, they bust a blood vessel in doing so and his name gets shone akin to the Bat sign.

https://www.bettingexpert.com/events/transfer-window-news-and-betting-odds#fletcher

With Sunderland bringing in Dame N'Doye and the in-form Jermaine Defore currently leading the line, striker Steven Fletcher may be on the way out of the Stadium of Light in January.

Bookmaker BetVictor currently gives Celtic the edge in the betting, with 2/1 (3.00), with Wolverhampton Wanderers just behind with odds of 5/1 (6.00) to sign the Scottish international. Wolves are currently being linked with a range of strikers since raking in around £10m for the recently sold Afobe to Bournemouth and will likely have more funds to play with than the Glasgow club.

The 28 year-old is at the prime of his career and will be looking to nail down regular football as soon as possible, and add to his 4 goals this season in all competitions.

lol :whistle:

Think he's happy to just wait out his contract not doing a lot to be honest, potentially sign for Celtic on a free when it's expired.

How the mighty have fallen. He had so much promise here.

Back