• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Winter Improvement Thread (aka Winter Squad Weakening Thread and TWF Suicide Watch)

Jolemai

Reaction score
To start us off, the E&S have linked us with Paddy McNair of Manchester United.

We have also been linked with James Meredith of Bradford.

I'd love McNair here.

We still have to negotiate the festive period before though and it fills me with dread.

United have too many injuries at the back to let McNair go.

Another 'Improvement' thread.
Hope it's more accurate than the last one, which had no 'improvement' at all as far as I could see.

Hope springs eternal. :)

Could turn it into a chat about the weather.

In Somerset it's currently fairly bright but cloudy, with a 100% chance of disappointment in the upcoming transfer window.

I'd settle for a lack of weakening, although I think Afobe will stay as even if we want to get rid his form this year will mean his options would be similar to Sako's last Jan and he won't want to take the risk

Not bothered if we don't sign anyone as long as we get a new manager.

I'd rather spend nothing if KJ remains in charge.

Not bothered if we don't sign anyone as long as we get a new manager.

I'd rather spend nothing if KJ remains in charge.

Sadly, that's exactly how I feel.

Ken signs someone. Plays him out of position. On the bench for a few weeks. Loaned out to League 1. Another million quid gone. What's the point...

Winter Improvement Thread 2015/2016

One good bit of news, Alfie has confirmed today we have an option to buy him. I'd take it up in January, we need the points vs Cardiff (who he can't play against as it stands) and he is a quality player.

Good news but what's the point if Ken, in his infinite wisdom, uses him so sparingly?

I would hope we have a more than capable squad to at least keep us in the league but I thought that last time. Have never really been that keen on our defence and our ability to defend crosses or stay awake for ninety minutes. Am surprised given the players at his disposal we haven't attained a more fluid attacking style but we don't have a central midfielder who can sit in behind a front two as a playmaker who can also 'defend'. For me I'd go 4-3-3 but hopefully we'll get a central defender in on loan.

With Metz back in Ligue 2 I'd say it's not a bad time to renew our interest in Emmanuel Mayuka. Without Dicko we're screaming for a pacey, chase everything striker.

Wolves certainly require a bloody good transfer window, wide positions the priority.

Wolves certainly require a bloody good transfer window, wide positions the priority.

A number 10 that would create the link between Afobe and the midfield please.

Back