• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-0 Leicester: VAR Rinse & Repeat Verdict

His point being that Jota played the ball backwards...

However, his studs were CLEARLY dangling in an offside position and so he gained a MASSIVE advantage

I suppose his studs were attached to the boot that crossed it in to Doc. As I said in the match-day thread, Peter Walton and his group of referee wankers were delighted with the decision. Literally everyone else called it out for what it is - complete & utter bullshit.

VAR wasnt the issue, the offside rule is. But I'm still confused by whatever that rule is.

Thought Neves, Boly, Saiss and Jonny were all outstanding today.

Could've, should've won. In the context of the game, we should've taken 3 points, but prior to the match a clean sheet and a point would still be considered decent against a good side. Picking up points to stay in touch, like the last two games, is fine considering the opposition, I think. We just need to make sure we are clinical against the poorer teams over the next few weeks to back it up.

I think I have had enough of this. VAR is utterly destroying the game. Tempted to not renew if this is the game Riley wants.

Its irrelevant what direction the ball is played in if the player is offside when the pass is made.
Really? In open play 2v1 you see backward passes from "offside" positions (I.e. through on goal) all the time. They aren't offside, why was this?

Thought you couldt be offside from a corner or from a square or backward pass ??

VAR wasnt the issue, the offside rule is. But I'm still confused by whatever that rule is.

Heard this a million times and it’s boring. Everyone knows the rule needs adjusting so just get on and do it. Why persist with something that clearly doesn’t work until the season has finished?

I am going to be harsh and say we did not make the most of what we created. 15 efforts,c3 on target against ten men isn't good enough. Harsh but fair. You can't drop points to ten men ,never

Podence was disappointing but needed more time on the pitch. Saiss was good after initial silly foul.

Really? In open play 2v1 you see backward passes from "offside" positions (I.e. through on goal) all the time. They aren't offside, why was this?
Vast majority of the time the player receiving the pass is behind the ball, that's onside, Neto wasn't.

We are becoming a "nearly" team.

Scoring goals when we're on top has been main issue for the last 2 seasons - given the talent of the team we should easily account for Norwich next week, but I doubt we will (2-1 or even a draw would be my bet).

Unless this gets addressed we will have blown a massive chance to break-through to the top 6, albeit with Man City now being handicapped.

As for Jota he is a shadow of the player he was - bar a couple of games this season. He simply should not be starting now we have other options (and in better form).

Yet again unable to take advantage of our chances, and if Raul isn't playing well (and he wasn't, he missed several great chances) we aren't scoring.

annoying that our defense is where most of the forward pushing passes come from. not sure how you can call podence poor, and especially not sure how you can say he was a downgrade from jota, who you'd be forgiven for forgetting has even played most of the season.

so nice to have boly back. saiss was great, and hasn't even gotten a yellow in a while! neto needs to be starting with traore, and agreed that his corner delivery was great today.

a lot of sloppy passing at times, not sure why we have trouble holding onto the ball during long periods, especially given how conservatively we play.

var aside, should have won. didn't. again.

Because he was ahead of the player passing the ball, not behind him.

draws like this are all the more disappointing with the potential city ban, leaving 5th open for a champions spot. at least it (should hopefully) help us stay in europe, but we had a real shot to cement ourselves several higher places up the table.

Most of the team played ok even Raul despite his misses. Saiss or Boly MOTM for me. Neto was decent and Jota the opposite of decent. His form for most of the season hasn't been good.

2nd clean sheet for Boly. Good stuff. Thought Neves was very good, as was Jonny mostly, although he did have a scare. We kept a very dangerous team pretty quiet, so fair do's.

Raul had a weirdly mixed night of great touches, what looked like bad finishing (would have to watch the replay to know how bad they actually were) and very weird almost brainfart decisons - please don't try to throw it back to Rui from the halfway line!

Jota shouldn't be starting over Neto. He looked sharper than he has but he's trying way too hard to make something happen and his decision making is suffering because of it.

Think if we'd had Moutinho and Traore from the start probably would've won.

I honestly forgot about VAR and celebrated us scoring a goal. Silly me.

I thought we played really well. Since the first half at Southampton (where we weren’t as bad as made out anyway) we’ve produced some really good performance In the league.

He’s been outstanding for months now but Neves is getting better and better as the season goes on. Saiss was excellent and that was Doc’s best game in a while - he looked better for the break.

Not Raul’s night in front of goal but that happens. We were robbed anyway - that was a fantastically worked set piece too!

Because he was ahead of the player passing the ball, not behind him.

Vast majority of the time the player receiving the pass is behind the ball, that's onside, Neto wasn't.

Fair enough, I havent watched enough replays but thought Neto had actually got back behind the ball by the time when Jota kicked it initially - although had come from in front of the ball yes.

Heard this a million times and it’s boring. Everyone knows the rule needs adjusting so just get on and do it. Why persist with something that clearly doesn’t work until the season has finished?

Because you can't change the rules mid season and not expect legal challenges

The game is ruined. And ourselves and Sheffield United are the biggest losers from VAR.

Shock.

Back