• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-4 Burnley: Verdict Thread

I hate players who play act and pretend they're hurt and roll around, whatever team they play for. I don't want players from Wolves ever doing that. Podence does it at least once a game. As far as I am concerned I never want to see him play for us again. It's shameful. And we wouldn't miss him that much, he isn't very good.

I hate players who play act and pretend they're hurt and roll around, whatever team they play for. I don't want players from Wolves ever doing that. Podence does it at least once a game. As far as I am concerned I never want to see him play for us again. It's shameful. And we wouldn't miss him that much, he isn't very good.
See, this is the hysterical stuff.

I don't like it, he shouldn't do it, he needs to cut it out, it doesn't even get him/us anywhere because he isn't very convincing with it. But come on now. He's our player, our asset, one we have the thick end of £20m tied up in.

Willian José shouldn't play for us again as he's objectively awful, not our player, of no use to us and he's going in a month anyway. Daniel Podence isn't someone we can just throw away because he acts like a dick sometimes. He's had plenty of good games too, albeit none since he returned from injury (I use that term advisedly as he clearly isn't anywhere near fit, but we're running out of players and bar TWF favourite Theo Messi, who else are we meant to put there).

See, this is the hysterical stuff.

I don't like it, he shouldn't do it, he needs to cut it out, it doesn't even get him/us anywhere because he isn't very convincing with it. But come on now. He's our player, our asset, one we have the thick end of £20m tied up in.

Willian José shouldn't play for us again as he's objectively awful, not our player, of no use to us and he's going in a month anyway. Daniel Podence isn't someone we can just throw away because he acts like a dick sometimes. He's had plenty of good games too, albeit none since he returned from injury (I use that term advisedly as he clearly isn't anywhere near fit, but we're running out of players and bar TWF favourite Theo Messi, who else are we meant to put there).
It isn't hysterical, it's a considered opinion actually. I don't like his antics and I don't think he's very good. We can sell him and recoup some if what we paid. He isn't integral to our success in any way, shape or form and there must be players who can play his role better that we could sign to replace him.

I don't think it is considered.

In the midst of a pandemic where nearly every single top flight club across Europe has recently made an accounting loss of millions of pounds - frequently extending to annual losses of eight figures or more - you believe we should look to sell a player who cost us £18m within the last 18 months, when we're already short on first team players, and in terms of raw figures he hasn't done that much (although he has undoubtedly got some ability) AND he's had quite a few injuries. So we'd make a loss. Probably quite a big one. Then we need to replace him with better. At the same time as we need additional players in various other positions.

All because you don't like him diving or overacting sometimes.

That's not considered at all, it's throwing a hissy fit.

Podence`s antics are an embarrassment. He reminds me of Wayne Sleep. Today`s episode could have got Traore sent off. Someone needs to have word in his ear. He`s only a little un and is going to get knocked about a lot. Refs` are going to have little sympathy for him if he keeps his silly games up.

What annoyed me most about Podence antics was that we were still on the attack and if he'd jumped straight up when the ref played on, was in an excellent attacking position

His play acting is annoying, as too was Westwoods constantly tallying and pointing of Traore fouls, they aren't above going over easily Burnley, in contradiction to the amount of cheap swipes and pushes they also take.

I forget who it was but one of them tried to clip a player breaking away (potentially Traore) and Tarkowski did the same in the first game to a player who didn't even have the ball but was breaking for the pen area, they seem to get under our players skin. It's odd to single out one of our players for something a few of them, and countless others do.

In general play he can't just hang around the halfway line and hope we clear it in his vague direction. Part of that role is helping out defensively. Unless he's playing up front, but that's no good because he can't hold the ball up for shit, can't head the ball and hardly ever scores.

Off set pieces, yes.

If he's more hindrance than help in general defensively (he is) then that's a deficiency in his game. That's a minimum of two goals right off the top of my head he's cost us through amateur level play this season. Against Albion by running straight into traffic 30 yards out (then refusing to get off his arse when he didn't get a free kick, which it wasn't) and today. Nearly repeated the former trick as well today.

Anyway, as appalling as it was from him today in every respect - I'm not exaggerating for effect when I say 0/10 - I don't want to be accused of picking on him, there were far greater culprits today. All three centre halves, Dendoncker and José were all worse.
MOD pundit Jenas just pointed out that just before Traore made that horrendous back pass there were 4 Wolves players who could have helped him out. I reiterate my point that everyone chasing back all the time just allows the other team to get forward in droves - knowing that all the attackers are back near their own penalty area. OK - we can break quickly in theory but with our current available players that does not happen.

He also said it was an awful pass, which it was.

I'm not sure how much help they're supposed to give him in all honesty, he just shouldn't be playing that pass in that situation. It's his fault, like it would have been his fault if he'd been sent off, not sure why he in particular needs mitigation when he's shite and/or stupid, which he is a lot of the time.

Last edited:
Its usually me thats knee jerk reactions.

Nuno knows that is not acceptable he said it himself.

The players know it is not acceptable, and it was not acceptable.

This is still a squad that got to 7th level on points with 6th last season

This season on the whole has been below what we all expected sacking Nuno is just a shite idea.

As is wholesale changes.
We lost the best part of 30 goals from last season, if Utd lost the same they would struggle as we did.

Win the BCD next week finish the season.
The players and staff need a break they are all running on empty

Nuno knows that is not acceptable he said it himself.

We lost the best part of 30 goals from last season, if Utd lost the same they would struggle as we did.

The worrying thing is, what use is a manager who knows what's wrong and what's unacceptable but can't change it?

And if you're losing the goals and assists from Jota and Doc then why replace them both with just Semedo? Who doesn't really provide either. Were we expecting Raul to get Golden Boot this year?

The worrying thing is, what use is a manager who knows what's wrong and what's unacceptable but can't change it?

And if you're losing the goals and assists from Jota and Doc then why replace them both with just Semedo? Who doesn't really provide either. Were we expecting Raul to get Golden Boot this year?
Jota got 7 league goals last season and Doc 2, so we 'lost' 9 goals from last season. We didn't qualify for the Europa League so we had already 'lost' those Jota goals.

I'd guess they were banking on Raul to continue at his usual rate, with Silva, Podence and Neto chipping in a few and Adama not forgetting what a goal was

Jota got 7 league goals last season and Doc 2, so we 'lost' 9 goals from last season. We didn't qualify for the Europa League so we had already 'lost' those Jota goals.

I'd guess they were banking on Raul to continue at his usual rate, with Silva, Podence and Neto chipping in a few and Adama not forgetting what a goal was
Traore hasn't forgotten anything from a goalscoring perspective has he? It's never been an area he's had any real success with, banking on him to replace that output is just stupidity.

And those 9 goals still amount to nigh on 20% of Wolves league goals last year.

He replaced Jota with Neto, who is probably on a Par with the Jota of 3 years ago. Neto has also been missing for a long period.

He can change it.

Did Nuno miss Bolys Header
Did Nuno let Wood turn Coady inside out
Did Nuno pass the ball to Semado

No Nuno is responsible as manager for how the team performs overall, he is not responsible for the Catologue of individual fuck ups we have seen this season.

That I believe is down to the mental fatigue of a 13 month season a 2 day close season and a few injuries.

This season is a total ball ache, i wish the Euros were not this season our players need a rest mentally and physically

Doc got 4 goals.

I thought Fabio was a project that ideally would have played sparingly?? Adama has never been a goalscorer, so I'd be surprised if anyone was banking on that. He still got as many as Neto and Podence combined last season though.

Still doesn't add up for me. We went from being quite reliant on Raul to utterly dependent.

He replaced Jota with Neto, who is probably on a Par with the Jota of 3 years ago. Neto has also been missing for a long period.

He can change it.

Did Nuno miss Bolys Header
Did Nuno let Wood turn Coady inside out
Did Nuno pass the ball to Semado

No Nuno is responsible as manager for how the team performs overall, he is not responsible for the Catologue of individual fuck ups we have seen this season.

That I believe is down to the mental fatigue of a 13 month season a 2 day close season and a few injuries.

This season is a total ball ache, i wish the Euros were not this season our players need a rest mentally and physically
Neto has played 35 times this season, he got injured 2 games ago.

He's played every game this season apart from the last two?

Jota and Doc were around 25% of our goals last season. I vaguely remember betting somebody on here a million pounds that Semedo, Podence, Adama and Neto wouldn't match their output, and they haven't. I'll have to dig it up, because I could do with the money!

Back