• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-4 Burnley: Verdict Thread

Put Mason Mount in our midfield alongside Neves and our 343 becomes a completely different beast than with Donck or Moutinho. Obviously we aren't getting him, but we need someone in that mould, who would then unlock the creativity within other players as someone would actually carry the ball forward in the middle of the park. Same with that style as a 10 in a 4231.

Boly, Saiss, and Dendonker, probably need an upgrade.

Coady was MOTM for England in a 4, he needs someone with him.

Mout, is older so needs someone to come in.

We need 4 new signings this close season, but do not underestimate how much the last 18 months - 2 Years affected the players and staff

Last edited:
There's a lot of defending Nuno here. He IS responsible for motivating the team, wasn't much reaction to a half time bollocking was there? He IS responsible for picking the team but picks the same old same old irrespective of thier recent form. Are we going to see Vitinia or Otaswie start in the last 5 games... I doubt it. There was no fight, no energy. I think we need someone who will throw the boots around at half time after a performance like Burnley and I don't think Nuno has it in him. It's certainly not the way he comes across

Unless you appoint some moron like Hughes or Allardyce then that won't happen regardless. It isn't 1993 anymore.

Unless you appoint some moron like Hughes or Allardyce then that won't happen regardless. It isn't 1993 anymore.
Tbf, while I know its not Nuno's style, thats absolutely what was required in that situation, that and making his 3 subs straight away imo

From things I've seen and heard in the past Nuno has no problem coming down hard on the players when needed, he may not shout his mouth off to the press and throw his players under the bus but I have no doubt there is another side to Nuno that the players see. he may not throw cups at them but as DW says those days are by and large gone anyway

So, how do you motivate a team today? No one seemed to come out in the second half thinking " crikey, I`d better pull my socks up and make an effort". I`m all for consistency but picking the same team week in week out, unless forced to change through injuries, when a player is not performing isn`t much of an incentive.

Bawling at players is not the answer. People talk about Fergie and his "hairdryer" treatment but he only ever used to do it to players who he knew would respond to that. He didn't just randomly chuck stuff about.

Tea cups stuff is for the likes of Steve Cotterill and I'm fine with not going down that road.

We're picking the same team all the time broadly as we have no alternatives. Every time we get a player back from injury/illness, someone else drops out. The kids are not ready, not in the slightest. If you're expecting Theo Messi and Owen Otasowie to slot into the first team and excel in the Premier League then you're going to be disappointed. And they're the best two.

Amazing.

I’ve never been in an elite dressing room but I’d love to know what it’s like.

There's a similar video with Warnock giving his Sheffield United players a battering

Love that. How do you say 'Bring your fucking dinner' in Portuguese?

I agree that there is a time and place for chucking stuff about. The time is NOW. I think a few need relegating to the u21s and give the youngsters a game or two.

Not sure what the answer is here though. Keep a spare Stuart Pearce in the cupboard under the Billy Wright stand in case we're 0-3 down at half time?

I'm bothered that we didn't respond at half time but you're getting nowhere these days by screaming and shouting. Rightly so. Therein lies the road to Martin Allen and his Santa trousers. You end up being Barnet, and you're Little Mo while he's Trev smashing your head into your Christmas dinner.

Just to add - steady now, be careful because Jinks will get upset if my joke about Eastenders from 20+ years ago combined with Martin Allen who hasn't managed a team against us for nearly eight years gets more likes than Del's "great post, Grizz" post.

I would definitely not endorse that.

Jordan Graham has said previously he has got that in him and we know that once you go so far you are dead to him.

Speaking on management in general even people who respond positively to that type of behaviour only do so a limited number of times. If you lose the shock/fear element then it's just a loud shouty twat. Probably best not to use one up on a meaningless end of season game, irrespective of how poor it is.

Last edited:
I think all/most football managers have that side to them even if we don't see it in public. Cuddly Roy Hodgson for instance is said to be a right nasty cunt when he loses his shit

Back