• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Forest: Verdict Thread

Despite that being terrible only looking at positives tonight. Obviously not many but Steve Davis, a life long Wolves fan has just managed his team to a Prem League victory.
He will be bouncing all over the shop right now.
Yeah, a nice feeling for him. Crowd apparently chanting 'he's one of our own' at the end too as he clapped them

Tale of two penalties personally, we scored and they did not. Didn't have a good view for either so no clue on how fair the decision was, but for ours barely anyone even claimed.

Sa didn't have much to do except the penalty but it's a great save. We had more of the ball but were rather wasteful (so were Forest, however). Jonny was pretty good, thought Podence had his moments while never properly performing and Traore (from the bench) looked good.

Ait-Nouri was really wasteful as was Traore. Also thought Moutinho and Costa were poor. Toti bad, doesn't look good enough and could have been punished for an error. Costa offering Henderson the ball after all his timewasting was a highlight of the game though have to be honest.

We don't have a manager but still won, huge 3 points for our season and for this one only the result matters.

On the players individually, tbh only Sa, Podence and maybe Neves get much credit out of that, and we had the same creativity issues we've been talking about for months (not that I expected Davis to be able to change that obvs). Also tbh I'm not wholly convinced ours was a pen, but admit I'm not really sure what is and what isn't a pen by the rules these days. Just not sure I like the game where that's a pen, if that makes sense. Nunes went full Berra and was a stonewaller. Great save though.

Thought Toti was poor, Bruno may have been right with his assessment. Think he's better suited to a back 3 tbh.
Why do we always have a period in the game when we can't play ourselves out of our own half without cock ups. We did it today at the time we conceded the penalty. Sometimes you need to lump it down the channels.
A fast break second half , after trickery by Pod left Rayan racing up the left side only to cross it straight out of play for a gk. Sunday league players do better than that, and then he turns and smiles !!!

We're not going to improve until we get a new manager, so anything until then is a bonus. I'm happy tonight, and will be with every point we get in the meantime. At least we're performing below par, considering the players we have. Forest looked like they had no more to give.

Dreadful match. We were a bit better than they were - ridiculous attitude they had. Why are you playing for a 0-0 against a managerless team who can't score?

The points are all that matters, MOTD will struggle for 3 minutes worth of highlights.

Good save by Sa and Boubacar was good when he came on. Costa was entertaining second half if you like pantomime.

I'll take it, they were so bad though that I think Lage would have won.

Dreadful match. We were a bit better than they were - ridiculous attitude they had. Why are you playing for a 0-0 against a managerless team who can't score?

The points are all that matters, MOTD will struggle for 3 minutes worth of highlights.

Good save by Sa and Boubacar was good when he came on. Costa was entertaining second half if you like pantomime.

I'll take it, they were so bad though that I think Lage would have won.
Steady now, with your last sentence. You on the ale? 😉

I think the assessments on here have been fair so far.

Forest are awful and we weren’t much better.

The problem for us is that we have too many players every game playing below par.

Toti and Costa were poor, while Moutinho, Nunes, Jonny, Ait Nouri, Podence were absolutely bang average - that’s just too many players not pulling their weight.

Podence, Nunes and Traore show flashes but that’s about it - we simply can’t carry on with players that play about 15 minutes a game. It’s not just today - it happens every week.

Neves was good, Killman calm and assured and Sa kept us in the game.

If we’re playing anyone else, we’re losing that again today though.

Fuck it, what an important 3 points that is though.

Forest looked like 11 random players of dubious quality, throwing on subs at random to exactly zero effect. Who knew.

Not quite as bad as Watford last season but still one of the very worst Premier League teams I have seen first hand since 2003.

All that mattered was the win so walked out of the ground happy. Amazed how passive Forest were but don't think we were as bad as some have said. We clearly lack confidence and Jonny and Toti both tried to assist Forest. Toti looked fine with anything in the air but made Vallejo look composed on the ground, I trust the new manager will want another CH on 1 January, and it also begs the question how bad is Mosquera if he's behind Toti in the pecking order?

Thought Moutinho was a little better today, Podence and RAN had good moments and their usual brain farts. Kilman was good as was Traore who got a number of decent crosses in. Costa handing the ball to Henderson means his stay is already more memorable than Willian Jose's, shame his header wasn't an inch to the right. Nunes started brightly but faded, Boubacar looked good again and I think he'll be starting sooner than later.

The three points have bought a bit of time for the new manager. If the new man can install a bit of confidence we could improve rapidly, there's certainly plenty of scope.

Despite the total lack of quality, that's by far the best game we've had this season.

Max was unlucky with his header that hit the post, it looked destined to nestle in the bottom corner and Costa should have scored a tap in (though the lino have offside).

Big three points to help generate some team spirit and Forest are definitely going down.

Back