• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Forest: Verdict Thread

Thought Pod was good today, always positive and trying to get forward. Adama was Adama, very frustrating but our best threat.

Still a win is a win…

The result is more important than anything else, but that was 2 teams who if they play like that for the rest of the season will be facing off in the Championship next year.
A few thoughts
It was nice to see us in the first half play on the front foot, the quality was often lacking in RAN and Traore's delivery but at least they had a go and at one point I counted 3 men in the box for a cross...scenes

Highlights penalties aside were Costa handing the ball to Henderson asking him if he'd like to waste time when we were 1 up and Hodge smashing Williams after Hwang had dicked around on the ball...well in son

Lage was either correct about Gomes or broke him, absolute bombscare of a performance from first minute to last

Costa's legs have gone, he may be good for a couple of goals, but they'll need laying on a plate. The shitshousing will keep the fans interested though

Neves gave the ball away not once, but twice in the build up to their penalty, when we needed a cool head he didn't provide it

Moutinho coaching from the touchline after being subbed was good to see

The first half was a showreel of Adama Traore

Been a big fan of Steve Cooper, I think that stopped today. We couldn't be more vulnerable, to not take the game to us in our form, wasting time and hoping for a set piece win or more likely a 0 0 was cowardly. To stay up they need to win games, today was a day to try to, once they had a go at us in the second half we were wobbling like a drunk after 12 pints. If they had more quality they would have scored

They deleted the pre match Tweet, as I said this morning strange energy

Game was more stressful than it needed to be and I still feel like my blood pressure is through the roof. But I’m glad to feel this way rather than the malaise I have felt over the last 6 months. Feels like I’ve got my team back even if they were rubbish (sub par).

There’s a lot to talk about in that game and a lot of issues we need to sort but I think I’ll just chill out, be grateful of a win, and talk about it tomorrow.

Forest got what they deserved really, time wasting within the first 15 minutes against a team as brittle as we are is basically waving the white flag.

I never felt worried really. The pen sort of came out of nothing. Don't think Sa had even taken a cross to that point, let alone made a save. Then they did nothing and just looked a jumbled mess of players. None of them playing anywhere. Of course we're well capable of creating our own chaos but other than Toti doing a couple of Paul Blades impressions, we had their measure.

Nothing to be proud of, of course. Like beating up Warwick Davis.

I never felt worried really. The pen sort of came out of nothing. Don't think Sa had even taken a cross to that point, let alone made a save. Then they did nothing and just looked a jumbled mess of players. None of them playing anywhere. Of course we're well capable of creating our own chaos but other than Toti doing a couple of Paul Blades impressions, we had their measure.

Nothing to be proud of, of course. Like beating up Warwick Davis.
I knew they were rubbish and hadn’t had a single chance of note but I still worried when we were playing like absolute clowns in possession!

Bittersweet.

Long time seat neighbours of mine are an Old timer and his son. Eccentric old fella was 93 or 94, loved Wolves, seen the very best teams and unlike most his age hated the Albion with a passion. Got to the ground today to find he'd passed away. RIP Bob, that one's for you.

Sometimes you need a win more than a performance, we got that today so won't bemoan much rather make a few general observations later once I get in.

Great to see a goal, even better to see a win and also a great save from Sa on the penalty. Throw in some Diego Costa shithousing and there you have it. Henderson time wasting first half for them then Sa returning the favour once we'd scored, nice!

Serious concerns though mainly around our lack of goal threat. Until the penalty it felt like we just would not score again, particularly first half with chances doing everything but finish in the back of the net.

Sooner we get our new manager and some stability the better but felt happy for Steve Davis, managing us in the Premier League at Molineux and getting a win. He said he will enjoy his Saturday night pint tonight with his Wolves supporting mates - stuff of dreams!

Long time seat neighbours of mine are an Old timer and his son. Eccentric old fella was 93 or 94, loved Wolves, seen the very best teams and unlike most his age hated the Albion with a passion. Got to the ground today to find he'd passed away. RIP Bob, that one's for you.
Thanks to the ref we could have had a minutes applause for him in additional time.

Can someone please put up a post where we can all vote (we being everyone who saw the game live or on tv) for every player who played?
It's really frustrating for everyone reading these posts to see, 'Podence played well', 'Podence was good in fits and starts', Podence was missing in action', 'Podence was shit again'. If people who saw it voted (out of 10) then we'd get a much better view of a player's performance.
It's a drag reading all of these posts then going to read the Guardian or whatever to find out who played well...

You keep asking for a poll, if you want one it's a piece of piss to do it. Start a new thread, add a poll, put the options in, publish. For once not meaning to be a dick, but it really is very easy

Can someone please put up a post where we can all vote (we being everyone who saw the game live or on tv) for every player who played?
It's really frustrating for everyone reading these posts to see, 'Podence played well', 'Podence was good in fits and starts', Podence was missing in action', 'Podence was shit again'. If people who saw it voted (out of 10) then we'd get a much better view of a player's performance.
It's a drag reading all of these posts then going to read the Guardian or whatever to find out who played well...
Opinions innit.

Easy enough to watch the game yourself if you’d like to have one.

If you cant read a match report posted on here without an arbitary number attached to decipher how well they played thats on you isn't it?

Traore was classic Traore, hot, cold and wasteful. Does anybody really need a 6/10 in addition to that for confirmation?

Podence was 7/10 some lovely flicks and touches but sometimes played risky balls in dangerous situations and put pressure on us.

In other words, he was podence.

If you cant read a match report posted on here without an arbitary number attached to decipher how well they played thats on you isn't it?

Traore was classic Traore, hot, cold and wasteful. Does anybody really need a 6/10 in addition to that for confirmation?
Yes, I get that, but when you get several strongly opinionated, and more confusingly, KNOWLEDGEABLE guys posting all sorts from one end of the spectrum to the other it's just muddy.

Haven't read any of the thread. But will say 3 things;
1 today was entertaining
2 we repeatedly got men in the box!
3 we can see lage has left us bereft of confidence. We repeatedly got into decent situations & made the wrong choice, shooting when a pass was the right option, or a deep cross when a low ball across was the right choice. We have players with the ability to attack. With a little luck, these games against beatable teams could enable us to pick up points, and confidence, and therefore get to safety & kick on. I hope!

If I rate Costa as 3 and someone else rates him 7, does that help you?

Not really.

Watched it with a few Wolves fans in the bar, including my Barman.

General consensus was that we played very well in the first half some lovely stuff, but the lack of confidence in that final pass was glaringly Obvious.

Missed the goal and start of the second half due to work.

You could see the panic and nerves as the game went on, to the stage no one had the confidence to actually take a grip on the game, thought Traore the slow was excellent when he came on.

We needed that win and the players knew it which meant they were so uptight and stopped playing when we were 1 up.

At this stage it takes a huge pair of Bollocks to take the game and control it something we were severly lacking in.

Back