• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Forest: Verdict Thread

Can someone please put up a post where we can all vote (we being everyone who saw the game live or on tv) for every player who played?
It's really frustrating for everyone reading these posts to see, 'Podence played well', 'Podence was good in fits and starts', Podence was missing in action', 'Podence was shit again'. If people who saw it voted (out of 10) then we'd get a much better view of a player's performance.
It's a drag reading all of these posts then going to read the Guardian or whatever to find out who played well...
Screenshot_20221015-224658.png

👍🏿

Does Hodge look as though he will match the rave reviews at the junior level professionally? Haven’t see the last two games but it feels a bit Anthony Forde / David Davis with him

Think he’ll have a good EFL career. Cundle has a higher ceiling IMO. But he’s decent, and works very hard clearly.

General consensus was that we played very well in the first half some lovely stuff, but the lack of confidence in that final pass was glaringly Obvious.

So says everyone who watches us once. When you've seen it 50 times with the same result it wears thin.

We did not play well, we were shit.

Watching MOTD - VAR got all those penalty decisions spot on. Silly from Nunes (quiet generally today) and fortunate it didn't cost us.

Watching MOTD - VAR got all those penalty decisions spot on. Silly from Nunes (quiet generally today) and fortunate it didn't cost us.
Didn’t watch MOTD, but if the foul by nunes wasn’t given, was it handball by adama, or did they not go into that? All irrelevant Ofcourse. Just wondering

Didn’t watch MOTD, but if the foul by nunes wasn’t given, was it handball by adama, or did they not go into that? All irrelevant Ofcourse. Just wondering
The comms seemed to allude that they checked the handball first, all fine, then looked at the foul. But they could have been wrong.

Was definitely a foul.

was It really as bad as people are making out ?
Yes, we played the worst team in the division by a mile and had our first shot on target (a penalty) in the 56th minute.

What we currently have is Lage's football but without players being ridiculously out of position, unsettling arm waving on the touchline, taking 10 minutes for a sub to go from being on the touchline to actually coming on, or absolute gabbling horseshit after the game. So it's very slightly better but not by much.

Was that our first time scoring in the second half for a while ? 10 matches or something .

A goal from play would do a lot for them .

The comms seemed to allude that they checked the handball first, all fine, then looked at the foul. But they could have been wrong.

Was definitely a foul.
100% a foul, no issue there.

Strange they’d check handball first as the foul was before it.

Yep no complaints really shows if VAR is used properly it does work.

Right, that was not good. Discussing amongst us at the game we were split on whether they were worse than Watford or not. I think Watford just didn’t try. These were just awful ability wise and didn’t seem to have a gameplan either. Glad MGW had a stinker, would have been awful him scoring or getting something today.

As for us, we’ve got the win and that’s all that really matters given how desperate we are for it but there are still lots of concerns going forward. I don’t think anyone outside of Sa and deserves more than a 6 (for you WH). Great penalty save and had nothing else to do, literally.

Everyone else was average or poor. Neves generally had a good game but I can’t ignore the chaos before the corner for the penalty, 3 or 4 times Jonny and Neves gave the ball away unnecessarily in that spell before the corner. And we continued to do that in the end stages with Neves often just hoofing it as far as possible under no pressure. You need to be better than that, you’re the best player on the pitch. You need to get your foot on it, head up and start a counter into the acres of space.

Adama was Adama. Still can’t get my head around how a player can get to this level but be lacking in fundamentals. But he was our only route to goal and I thought it was only going to be a matter of time, it was but not in the way I thought.

Podence did a few good bits, but a player of his supposed quality needs to be having far more influence on the game, particularly against this lot.

Nunes, hmmmm. We’re playing him out of position which isn’t helping but again a player of his ability should still be able to have more of an impact on the game. We’re not really getting £30m more than Dendoncker at the minute.

Costa feeding off scraps. Crosses out of play, straight at the keeper or over everyone’s heads, or just refused. Striker was never going to be the magic bullet. Everyone except Lage knew this. He’s trying though which is a good start and he doesn’t look like he’s miles off it or anything.

Moutinho was Moutinho. Didn’t have to defend didnt do anything going forward. RAN was a threat but still makes awful decisions and the quality isn’t there. Jonny was still a bit rubbish. He used to be so good in possession, looks like he’s half soaked, no idea why he’s in ahead of Semedo. Kilman was decent enough with little to do. Toti, deary me. Nuts and bolts OK but there’s so much Sunday league in him and you can’t play at this level like that. Nearly let that awful MGW pass through his legs early doors which put Johnson away, shanked the one over the bar for the pen. Just not good to watch.

As for the subs, the youngs lads all came in and did a job. Hwang didn’t manage to hold it up once or stretch the play or at least be a nuisance and force the CBs to Shank it or head it the wrong direction.

But we held on.

This is what we’ve got though now. Collins coming back in is huge. But there’s no one in the squad who is fit who is going to make a difference. So we need more from Podence, Nunes, RAN, Moutinho (Traore B), Traore to find a spell of not being a Traore and then hopefully get more out of Costa. Hopefully a new manager can set us up right and motivate these players to do that.

Last edited:
It came down on to and off Adam's knee not his hand.

was It really as bad as people are making out ?
No. Hyperbole is strong with some on here. It is certainly very frustrating when we do most things relatively well but lose ourselves at the last moment. As an attacking force we are beset with a combination of poor form but mainly poor choices…shoot instead of pass, pass instead of shoot, Traore instead of either.

Traore got into many good positions but other than the cross for Kilman, he created little of note. Ai-Nouri was marginally better, had he had end product we would have been talking about an exceptional performance.

Podence tries the unpredictable, sometimes in places he shouldn’t.

Matheus. I don’t know what he is. At the moment he doesn’t look like a good fit.

Costa reminds me of the good old days when we had a fit and on form Raul. Costa reminds me what we are missing. Costa reminds me of Willian Jose.

Joe Hodge needs a proper hair cut.

Nunes looked very good in his first two games. He's very quickly equalised to the standard of the squad, like a frog in gradually warmer but shittier water.

Nunes looked very good in his first two games. He's very quickly equalised to the standard of the squad, like a frog in gradually warmer but shittier water.
We haven’t played him in his correct position yet. Playing him as 10 yesterday was a criminal misuse of him.

Back