• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Leeds: Verdict Thread

I'm not sure I want us to move away from this system. Better players in this system would be fine imho

The scoreline will never reflect how good it was to finally see us play 90 mins in that way, even if we did also not finish it off clinically.

Played better than we have without dominating anything

MoTM - Rui with Neto not that far behind

Decent enough game though & Bamford was clearly offside, no idea why they needed VAR to check that.

Patricio made important saves. Decent win. I do feel for Leeds. Losing 6 points to those two goals is a choker.😂
Another three points towards safety.
16 points from 6 games against Leeds Chelsea and Arsenal. Half our total almost! You would have got long odds on that.

Great result. Rui MOTM by a mile. Team did a great job neutralising Leeds speed and energy. They must have been knackered the last 10 mins, hence the running it into the corner. 10 points out of 12! How many on here thought that was going to happen. Not me for sure!
Onwards and upwards!

I'm not sure I want us to move away from this system. Better players in this system would be fine imho
How would Traore/Neto look playing inverted in a 4-2-3-1 though with an AM just behind the striker too? I'd like to see personally.

Tut, here was me thinking he cared and everything...

He did win it for us. As I said, we reduced them to nothing set pieces aside. They didn't threaten in open play particularly.
Accepted - apart from Costa shot at the end that resulted from time wasting to a large degree. Time wasting 6 minutes from the end does not last for six minutes!

Using Marcal as a sub with his injury record is not a great idea - having to take him off minutes later we might as well have used Ait Nouri from the start.

Limits our options

As well as we've played for some time, especially first half. A tad fortunate on the goal but think we deserved the luck. Neto is sensational. And as much as I've criticised Semedo all season he was very good tonight. Thought Jose and Donk did well too. Rui made crucial saves that won us the game though so MOTM.

Back