• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Leeds: Verdict Thread

I'll defend Neto a bit on that one. Yes, José is free but there isn't an angle for the ball to get through to him, it's all blocked off. So unless Leeds make a mistake or we get some good fortune, he isn't getting the pass even if we try.

Think of it like a Lite version of Mike Small waving his arms at Grimsby, shouting that he's in 30 yards of space, why is no-one passing to me.

The first opportunity, just outside the area there was an easy pass on. Forwards do need a selfish streak but its more about how we are using Jose outside of being a link man. Since he got here, we have put him in for 3 scoring chances in key areas. 2 at Palace, which he maybe should have scored 1 but he got them both on target and then of course the penalty win v Arsenal. Thats not enough really, especially with him being a penalty area player. His movement around the box is very good.

Last edited:
I will say that even though it was a brief cameo, Fabio looked very good when he came on. Much more physically assertive and some genuinely good hold up play.

José isn't going to be worth us paying £22m whatever happens, there were more good signs than bad last night though which is the opposite of most of his appearances so far.

I will say that even though it was a brief cameo, Fabio looked very good when he came on. Much more physically assertive and some genuinely good hold up play.

José isn't going to be worth us paying £22m whatever happens, there were more good signs than bad last night though which is the opposite of most of his appearances so far.
I think these brief cameo's is the way forward for Silva right now. Just how we wanted him to be used but he does now have more experience than planned back in August.

I don't think we will sign José at all but I do think he is bringing more positives to the team than negatives and we just have to accept he isn't as mobile as Raul/Silva and will at times frustrate us when we haven't got the ball. Just his link up play makes a huge difference to how we can attack. Just want us to be more aware of him in the area, although I think the best player for him in that respect is currently injured. Podence has actually created 2 of the 3 moments for him in the area.

Last edited:
If I do ever get round to writing a book, it'll be like one of those autobiographies from survivors of the Yugoslav Wars.

Imagine what scars it leaves to travel from Manchester to Grimsby on a wet Tuesday night to watch a front two of Robert Taylor and Sami Al-Jaber.

I've just looked up the team from that night:

-----------------------Stowell----------------------

Muscat----------Emblen--------Lescott---------Naylor

Bazeley----------Robinson------Ketsbaia-------Camara

------------------Taylor----------Al-Jaber------------------

Subs: Oakes, Green, Sinton, Branch, Proudlock

k9Gn4u.gif

k9Gn4u.gif
Defensively looks pretty good.......but everywhere else, oh dear

Yeah, I actually thought throw ins were slightly better, mainly before the goal. Neves and Moutinho actually ran beyond players to rotate with the forwards which was surprising
me too, we seemed to be throwing into a space sometimes for us to run on to

We let in three, can't have been that good!

Jo was a special talent but it was his first season, very raw at times.

That central midfield is a genuine disgrace.

Wait, Al-Jaber actually played??

He did, I saw him at least three times.

That game, Norwich at home and Wimbledon away.

Robert Taylor also scored two in that game.

Even still you’re employed to give a fair honest reflection and have good knowledge of both sides you’re covering not just be a cheer leader

Not read through the rest of the posts from here but I felt the commentary was fine, I think a lot of the bias is imagined, she was positive about Wolves and made some good points about how Jose isn't Jiminez but looks like other Wolves players have started to play to his own strengths finally, as well as talking about how Coady and Wolves werent hitting as many diagonals as usually, Darke also fine except twice he repeated stats that had been mentioned. Both are better than Martin Tyler, neither had just turned up unprepared.

k9Gn4u.gif
I think some kind of awful 433 could have been a better option with Bazeley and Camara playing in a 3 with Robinson.

After you with the drink, Phil....

I think your best bet there would be 3-5-2 with Muscat doing an Azpilicueta of a RCB job (think he did end up playing there after he left us).

Still absolutely shit, sack Mo Camara off for a real footballer.

Ian Darke is a boxing commentator, he's awful. Don't get me started on "Willy Boaly".
He is not awful, he isnt good and all commentators could learn from watching 25 minutes of Peter Brackley is my take. However loads of people love to criticise comms and Co comms and I feel a lot of it is lazy criticisms that don't actually measure up with the actual work the person has put out(in general, not your specific points)

I don't watch boxing though so appreciate that may have an impact on my views on Darke.

He did, I saw him at least three times.

That game, Norwich at home and Wimbledon away.

Robert Taylor also scored two in that game.
Didn't he come on for the Southampton pre season friendly (My 6 year old daughter was making rhyming names for Glenn Hoddle, Ben Boddle, Ken Koddle etc. so she was entertained :) )

We didn't sign him until after the season started so no.

That is also not what I called Glenn Hoddle.

Back