• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Olympiacos: We're All (virtually) Off To Germany Verdict Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last eight
Shakhtar Donetsk v Basel

Manchester United v Copenhagen

Inter Milan v Bayer Leverkusen

Wolves v Sevilla

Am I dreaming!!!!

Well that was a tough watch after the first 15 apart from a few sections second half, we bossed it at first but then seemed to get out gunned in midfield. They definitely targeted our left after Jonny went off, not blaming Vinagre but we weaker defensively without him. We had a couple of good chances but I don't care what the stats say, they had more decent opportunities than us. Jotas confidence looks shot atm but I'd back him to come back strong. Rui was superb all round, but........we are in the quarter final of the Europa League against SEVILLE for fucks sake, I am overjoyed.
As far as I'm concerned its a free hit, we will be massive underdogs, can't wait, we are a seriously good team

Agreed on Saiss Louie, I thought he was excellent. Probably our best outfield player.

BT saying Podence banned for next game? Three yellows in the competition

I'd add my two cents, but apparently not worth doing as I'm a "yank".

After the first 20 minutes, that was painful, we didn’t click, made the wrong decisions, sat off and let them Get cross after cross into the box. Id be pissed if we had scored the disallowed goal and it was ruled out, we were really lucky. We need to play a lot better against Sevilla. We’ve not really got going after the restart to be honest

Rui was brilliant, easily man of the match. Podence was really good too and worked his arse off. Willy Boly was excellent defensively. Apart from that, we were pretty poor. I love Adama but he had a poor game, needs to check his boots given how much he slipped over.

Great result though, and on to Sevilla - Hopefully Nuno can get us going again for Tuesday.

Think Podence is a really good footballer, his vision is top drawer too. Shame he's suspended

Agreeing with the comments about Saiss, been getting some flak lately (well being the area we most need to uprate) but thought he was our best defender, helped Vinagre out a lot when they were targeting our left.

Think Podence is a really good footballer, his vision is top drawer too. Shame he's suspended

He really is. Something different to the other three.

Ruddy idiot for getting booked like that though.

I think I'd like us to go 3-5-2 against Sevilla. Or at least not Moutinho and Neves. Seems like, as a pair, they just don't have the legs to match up with more active opponents.

Forgot about Podence being suspended. That’s extremely frustrating as he’s a top player.

Have to disagree on Raul, Louie - so many times we were breaking towards the box and he was back on the half way line. Even a free kick in the second half, we had boly, doc and Saiss in there, but Raul was outside the box with Neves. He needs to give us an option in the box to aim for.

He played ok outside of that, but we need more from him.

The Podence yellow card is a farce, now misses the next game.

*Yep been a few posts since I last refreshed my browser

Raul is proper desperate to score with a rabona too :icon_lol:

I mean, mad skillz and all that, but I'm not sure it was the best option.

We did waste a couple of other good opportunities too. Adama knobbed up an easy cross to an unmarked Podence, Podence's shot that was tipped over by the shite keeper (from his error - where the hell did they get him from?!) he could have slid Jota in easily.

Boly couldn't do anything about his chance, no time.

Amazing we are through to the quarter finals, really, really good..we need to step it up but who knows, anything(almost) can happen in football like some of you say..new game, maybe sevilla suits us better..we will see, need to tighten up defensively though and be more clinical upfront of course..hope Jonny will be fine but have my doubts

Raul is proper desperate to score with a rabona too :icon_lol:

I mean, mad skillz and all that, but I'm not sure it was the best option.

We did waste a couple of other good opportunities too. Adama knobbed up an easy cross to an unmarked Podence, Podence's shot that was tipped over by the shite keeper (from his error - where the hell did they get him from?!) he could have slid Jota in easily.

Boly couldn't do anything about his chance, no time.

Was Jose Sa injured or something? He's supposed to be quite good.

Saiss best performance since lockdown. I think Moutinho on the bench Donk from the start behind Neto Raul and Jota.

I think I'd like us to go 3-5-2 against Sevilla. Or at least not Moutinho and Neves. Seems like, as a pair, they just don't have the legs to match up with more active opponents.

Tough one for me, it's the sort of game where i wish if we played 3-5-2 it was with a 10. They have Fernando who sits and he can definitely be got at. I think i would possibly still go 3-4-3 though to try and push Navas and Reguilon back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back