• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Olympiacos: We're All (virtually) Off To Germany Verdict Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough one for me, it's the sort of game where i wish if we played 3-5-2 it was with a 10. They have Fernando who sits and he can definitely be got at. I think i would possibly still go 3-4-3 though to try and push Navas and Reguilon back.

In my head, we would play ostensibly with Raul and Neto up top, but let Neto sort of float between the lines (which he likes to do anyway).

He really is. Something different to the other three.

Ruddy idiot for getting booked like that though.

It was bloody idiotic but I think the refs could help the players out with this, they've spent their entire careers sauntering off when subbed and in the heat of the game must be easy to forget about the new rule, just needs the ref to remind them to go off to the nearest touchline

Shame Podence isn’t going to feature. I’ve not seen any replay of the booking incident.

Gutted not to be booking myself a trip to Germany. There’s some great boozers around Düsseldorf or Cologne I’d love to be supping in next week.

Tough one for me, it's the sort of game where i wish if we played 3-5-2 it was with a 10. They have Fernando who sits and he can definitely be got at. I think i would possibly still go 3-4-3 though to try and push Navas and Reguilon back.

I’d go 343, and try and break either side of Fernando but I think Nuno will play 352

Be amazed if do anything but 3-5-2 with Adama and Neto on from 60 mins to stretch the game if needed

Raul was literally fine. One time he should have played Podence in but kept it and then played it when he was off, that’s the only mistake I remember him making.

3-5-2 is a no brainer for Tuesday given the calibre of the opposition, Podence being suspended, Jonny potentially out and Traore potentially offering more from the bench. Gets the most out of Vinagre and Doherty and probably minimises their weaknesses with them for me being the weakest links at the minute.

Be amazed if do anything but 3-5-2 with Adama and Neto on from 60 mins to stretch the game if needed

That would be my choice but I'm always happy to go along with what Nuno says

I’d go 343, and try and break either side of Fernando but I think Nuno will play 352

Yeah i'd go along with that. If we do go 352 which i agree we will(it won't be with a 10 either which i would hope for) i'm hoping we attack their left which i didn't think i would say but i'd look at Doc and Donk in the air against Reguilon and look at linking off the knockdowns. Whatever formation we play i'm worried about Ocampos against both wing backs that finished the game tonight, he's not a typical winger. 6 ft 2 and really physical but great feet too.

Raul was literally fine. One time he should have played Podence in but kept it and then played it when he was off, that’s the only mistake I remember him making.

3-5-2 is a no brainer for Tuesday given the calibre of the opposition, Podence being suspended, Jonny potentially out and Traore potentially offering more from the bench. Gets the most out of Vinagre and Doherty and probably minimises their weaknesses with them for me being the weakest links at the minute.

He worked really hard but not much came off for him.....wish he'd fuck that rabona off....unless he scores from the next one

He worked really hard but not much came off for him.....wish he'd fuck that rabona off....unless he scores from the next one

Yeah he’s a bit selfish at times and does stupid things like that or tried Freddy 30 yarders. But it was a largely disjointed attacking display from us today so not really sure he could do much more given how we played.

Traore was very poor I thought. Glad he got hooked and thought Dendoncker was good when he came on. Think he won every flick on as we got the ball out, ugly work but did it well.

Gutted about/for Jonny. Fingers crossed it was a twinge like Neto v Everton and he makes it back. Doesn't look great though.

Defensive three were very good as discussed. Was ever so odd agreeing with alot Twaddle had to say about our attacking play. First for anything I guess.

Olympiacos won the league with six games to spare and +58 losing one. It may not be the most prestigious league but they're clearly a good outfit and theyve had much longer to prepare for tonight with the league wrapped up than us who still had league concerns until last Sunday.

As we saw in the FA Cup run last season v Bristol City and especially Shrewsbury it's not always about champagne football.

I love Diogo and he did the dirty work well and I think really shut down that side with Vinagre but that miss is awful. He needs to get out of his head, it's like between the similar one v Everton and the smashed one v Villa he just hesitates on doing anything and the chance goes. He is so much better than that.

Gutted not to be booking myself a trip to Germany. There’s some great boozers around Düsseldorf or Cologne I’d love to be supping in next week.

Or Seville, come to that. Been meaning to go for a while and never got around to it :/

I thought we were really good tonight. Olympiakos are a highly talented team, and we kept a clean sheet against them.
As has been mentioned, Rui was pheomenal. I also thought Boly had a much better game than recently tonight.
Podence looked a class act, and his signing looks to be exceptional value.
Neves has, for me been brilliant since january. He's so influential in games now, even quietly so for periods, but consistently ticks a lot of things over, and he breaks up a lot of play too.
Only adama looked out of sorts tonight.

I thought Jota came on because of his ability to close players down, and how he is fantastic at cutting off passes when teams try to play out. Nuno brought him on to support Vinagre, and it worked really well. And almost paid off big style.

yes they had chances, mainly from crosses in. But lets remember we created a fair few of our own too. I was convinced Moutinho was going to score, and Neves had a good chance too, as well as Jota's & podence.

Lads. We're in the fucking quarters. :icon_lol:

I'm still absolutely pumped now. 4 years today was our first game under Fosun away at Rotherham. Now we're playing Sevilla in the quarter finals of the Europa League.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

I don't hold any stall in the G statistics, because without wishing to sound like a luddite there is only one stat which matters. That said we are a team that doesn't score anywhere near as much as we should do and as much as it was a hold your breath last 20 minutes, we could and should have put it away before that as we could and should many others. We are an extremely wasteful side.

Toenail/armpit VAR decisons are still wank, even when they go for us.

That said we are a team that doesn't score anywhere near as much as we should do and as much as it was a hold your breathe last 20 minutes, we could and should have put it away before that as we could and should many others. We are an extremely wasteful side

Well this is it. We keep saying to ourselves we’ve got a £200m front 3 and a very good midfield. So why is it we don’t score goals? Normally i’d argue we are a bit negative, with few players ahead of the ball. But despite that tonight we got in good positions to work an opportunity or when the opportunity arose demonstrated poor finishing/decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back