• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Olympiacos: We're All (virtually) Off To Germany Verdict Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats to talk about? A fan wants us to fail cos he's scared of us......in other news turns out the earth is round

Isn't the Earth an irregularly shaped ellipsoid ?

To play devil's advocate slightly for Vinagre even though I'm sure he would've prepared properly, starting a game vs coming on as a sub are different things. If Jonny can't go, I'm sure they'll have him ready for Tuesday. He's put in decent performances this season (Man City & Liverpool away both in those) so he's capable.

Great image of Coady after everyone had left the pitch last night. Just taking it all in

EexEk7GX0AIwUQz

Two things on this image

1) The bottom right corner, for a second it looks like Nuno is doing his team huddle and Coads is a giant
2) If he was a Blues players, they would have reitred his shirt number by now

Love that photo. He's everything good about Wolves atm

When I saw this thread I thought he'd be saying rubbish about our playing style but turns out he's talking from a position as an opposition fan, can't disagree with his points but surely if he's been paid to talk about football on national radio he has to be more neutral in his comments

He is on commercial radio though, they don't want neutrality. No issue with what he says, it's no different to how I want their owner to get bored and leave them, as my feeling is they would regress to a West Ham level.

He is on commercial radio though, they don't want neutrality. No issue with what he says, it's no different to how I want their owner to get bored and leave them, as my feeling is they would regress to a West Ham level.

Its probably why I don't listen to talksport very often...just winds me up....not enough to phone in, I just usually change station to Radio 4 or 5, or put some music on

Great image of Coady after everyone had left the pitch last night. Just taking it all in

EexEk7GX0AIwUQz

Two things on this image

1) The bottom right corner, for a second it looks like Nuno is doing his team huddle and Coads is a giant
2) If he was a Blues player, they would have reitred his shirt number by now

Greatest captain on and off the field of my lifetime!

I can't stop seeing the mini team huddle in the bottom right. Thanks

To play devil's advocate slightly for Vinagre even though I'm sure he would've prepared properly, starting a game vs coming on as a sub are different things. If Jonny can't go, I'm sure they'll have him ready for Tuesday. He's put in decent performances this season (Man City & Liverpool away both in those) so he's capable.

This is spot on imo and while he looked a little chaotic when he came on last night i thought he did reasonably well second half. I do worry about him against Ocampos though purely because i think he could physically dominate him a bit like Richalison did at Goodison when he went out there.

Rui's save just nudged him ahead of Boly for MOTM. Wingbacks aside our defence was excellent.

I just wish we could keep hold of the ball better when we need to.

Rui's save just nudged him ahead of Boly for MOTM. Wingbacks aside our defence was excellent.

I just wish we could keep hold of the ball better when we need to.

Think our wing backs are getting a bit of unfair criticism, they got hardly any help/cover when Podence and Traore were on

Traore was rubbish, esp. defensively, his worst game for ages. Podence was OK defensively but only in the middle part of the pitch.
That doesn't excuse Doherty not getting back quicker, nor giving the ball away. Vinagre is quick enough to get back, but he commits to the tackle too eagerly and gets skinned by good dribblers.

When you consider our shortcomings, and how good Olympiakos were, it shows how well we played overall. It was a terrific win.

Exactly, not gonna play good every game..no team does..the win is the most important thing

Anyone (who kept the credit on their account for this game) heard re what they're doing with this credit now?

Its been extremely likely for over 4 weeks and a certainty for a week that we won't have a European game next season yet still no word from the club. No doubt any refund will then take 28 days too!

I asked (at the point of taking the credit rather than refund) what would happen if we did not qualify and all they would tell me was 'they had a plan for that'. Well if they had a plan why has it taken over a week and they've still not communicated it.

If you need the money that badly then why did you take it as credit knowing the new season would be some time away? If you don't need it that badly then why don't you have a little patience?

If you need the money that badly then why did you take it as credit knowing the new season would be some time away? If you don't need it that badly then why don't you have a little patience?

Patience...its been a week and heard nothing they supposedly had 'a plan' in advance.

Imagine paying for anything else in advance and then it being cancelled but after a week still not knowing what they were doing with your money (alternative credit / refund etc) it would never be on.

I'm pretty sure Wolves don't need the money either why can't they get their act together awful planning/communication again. You'd think they may value supporters who showed faith in keeping the credit and at least inform them of that plan after a full week but oh no! Forgot any supporter relations are out the window now....funny that supporter relations were at an all time high when the stadium was half empty now the glory hunting bandwagon jumpers are here not so much.

Anyway I asked if anyone had heard anything (as they've also got form with emails not being received) so not quite sure why you felt the need to but in with unwarranted opinion, they won't wank you off if you blindly defend the club you know!

Patience...its been a week and heard nothing they supposedly had 'a plan' in advance.

Imagine paying for anything else in advance and then it being cancelled but after a week still not knowing what they were doing with your money (alternative credit / refund etc) it would never be on.

I'm pretty sure Wolves don't need the money either why can't they get their act together awful planning/communication again. You'd think they may value supporters who showed faith in keeping the credit and at least inform them of that plan after a full week but oh no! Forgot any supporter relations are out the window now....funny that supporter relations were at an all time high when the stadium was half empty now the glory hunting bandwagon jumpers are here not so much.

Anyway I asked if anyone had heard anything (as they've also got form with emails not being received) so not quite sure why you felt the need to but in with unwarranted opinion, they won't wank you off if you blindly defend the club you know!

You have a lot of anger towards an institution you supposedly love.

Again, a little patience wouldn't go amiss, is a week really that long? You signed up to the credit option, you must have been comfortable with the club holding your money to do so, what does it matter if it drags on a little longer? If you're not happy with that situation you should've opted for the refund when it was originally offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back