• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Olympiacos: We're All (virtually) Off To Germany Verdict Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got to the stage where Mark is being accused of blindly defending the club, what a time to be alive.

The plan could involve a number of things.

Say they had a gentle nod saying "x amount of people can attend a League Cup game in September" and that number pretty much matches those who have taken credit for Olympiakos tickets. They could be waiting on a firmer nod in that direction.

This whole situation is not something any club knows how to handle properly and I would say we have learned until you have something worthy of saying, keep quiet. Press releases that say "something is being planned" just gets people wound up for no reason. Personally I haven't seen anything classed as poor supporter relations. They have taken their time on each matter rather than rush in. Look around some other clubs and we have handled it better than a lot. The ticket office staff aren't all sat in the office with nothing to do btw. Some have been relocated to other areas of the club and some are furloughed (at the cost of the club not the Government).

From my view point - The refund on the STH was handled ok. They waited like most clubs until they knew 100% fans couldn't get in again.
Olympiakos - Again they waited until they had confirmation that no fans were allowed in but in the mean time allowed fans to request refunds. When it was confirmed, they offered 2 options. Now one of those options is pointless and if it is close to my guess above, that is why there is currently a bit of silence but I am sure if you contacted the club to request a refund now you would get it.

I bet if you contact the club specifically asking for a refund they'd probably be able to sort it out for you.

The club aren't going to just pocket the money, so personally I am waiting as if that can just be used towards a cup game or added to the pro-rata Season Ticket money down the line I will probably just do that as the moneys already accounted for anyway.

You have a lot of anger towards an institution you supposedly love.

Again, a little patience wouldn't go amiss, is a week really that long? You signed up to the credit option, you must have been comfortable with the club holding your money to do so, what does it matter if it drags on a little longer? If you're not happy with that situation you should've opted for the refund when it was originally offered.

Haha yeah cuz loving the football club and its traditions is the same as loving the corporate machine of a business nah fuck that part mate they treat me like a consumer so I'll act like one. Typical 'oh I'll love everything they do to hopefully get my super fan badge' attitude.

Not sure who the hell you think you are to tell me what I should or shouldn't have done with MY MONEY but yes I was happy to accept the credit of a ticket for a European game next season based on the fact they told me they had a plan in the event we didn't qualify which would be communicated out once that happened....something that is still to happen.

Its funny how they manage to communicate perfectly and speedily when wanting money (sick of fucking emails with the new top training kit etc)

Communication and details for the Bournemouth refund/credit, Olympiakos refund/credit and now the not available credit have all been lacking detail, late and generally useless.

No point trying that Wolves Help either that dimwit Dave who replies on that needs sacking he's useless. Only responds to things on social media he has an easy answer for and email responses when/if you eventually get one are vague and pointless.

Can't comment on Bournemouth but what was wrong with the Olympaikos one at the time?

They couldn't send it until they knew 100% no fans were allowed in. UEFA were saying throughout June they hoped some might be in. Email said what the options were and how to do take 1 of them. What else were they meant to do? Send a member of staff to your house to read the email to you and then guide you through it step by step?

On the credit option, its just a bit of patience required.

Haha yeah cuz loving the football club and its traditions is the same as loving the corporate machine of a business nah fuck that part mate they treat me like a consumer so I'll act like one. Typical 'oh I'll love everything they do to hopefully get my super fan badge' attitude.

Not sure who the hell you think you are to tell me what I should or shouldn't have done with MY MONEY but yes I was happy to accept the credit of a ticket for a European game next season based on the fact they told me they had a plan in the event we didn't qualify which would be communicated out once that happened....something that is still to happen.

Its funny how they manage to communicate perfectly and speedily when wanting money (sick of fucking emails with the new top training kit etc)

Communication and details for the Bournemouth refund/credit, Olympiakos refund/credit and now the not available credit have all been lacking detail, late and generally useless.

No point trying that Wolves Help either that dimwit Dave who replies on that needs sacking he's useless. Only responds to things on social media he has an easy answer for and email responses when/if you eventually get one are vague and pointless.

Oh man I really hope I get that superfan badge soon, everyone on here knows how much I'm dying to pin that bad boy to my lapel!

Seriously dude, it's been a fucking week, give them chance.

Oh man I really hope I get that superfan badge soon, everyone on here knows how much I'm dying to pin that bad boy to my lapel!

Will look good next to your chef of the week badge #oldskoolTWFreference

Can't comment on Bournemouth but what was wrong with the Olympaikos one at the time?

They couldn't send it until they knew 100% no fans were allowed in. UEFA were saying throughout June they hoped some might be in. Email said what the options were and how to do take 1 of them. What else were they meant to do? Send a member of staff to your house to read the email to you and then guide you through it step by step?

On the credit option, its just a bit of patience required.

Well like for me in the Bournemouth one plenty of people didn't get the email
It had a very short period of time to request a refund
The onus for requesting a refund rather than credit where deliberately put on the supporter

Lacked any real details:
Stated refund for a European game at the same price level in the same stand nothing else

Was that a game of their choice or ours?
If ours what happened if the team went out before we chose one?
What if the only European games we played were at a different price level (qualifiers likely to be cheaper than the full price Olympiakos game)
What if we didn't qualify for Europe?

Like I say poor communication and treatment of supporters....but supporter relations don't matter when we're doing well and your seat can be easily filled with a bandwagon jumper.

Well like for me in the Bournemouth one plenty of people didn't get the email
It had a very short period of time to request a refund
The onus for requesting a refund rather than credit where deliberately put on the supporter

Lacked any real details:
Stated refund for a European game at the same price level in the same stand nothing else

What if the only European games we played were at a different price level (qualifiers likely to be cheaper than the full price Olympiakos game)

Like I say poor communication and treatment of supporters....but supporter relations don't matter when we're doing well and your seat can be easily filled with a bandwagon jumper.

Have you given the ticket office a quick call to see if they can sort a refund out?

Seriously dude, it's been a fucking week, give them chance.

Yeah nice not really bothered what everyone on here knows not interested in your cliquey in jokes thanks.

"Dude"?? We American!

A week to communicate something they already had/have a plan for is long enough for a multimillion pound company. Just because you support the team it doesn't make you anymore loyal to accept poor service that you wouldn't in any other walk of life where you're paying good money for a good service.

Have you given the ticket office a quick call to see if they can sort a refund out?

I've contacted Wolves ticket office and Wolves Help without any reply as of yet, hence asking on here if anyone had heard anything.

Although should the onus really fall on individual supporters when there must be thousands in the same position.

You have a lot of anger towards an institution you supposedly love.

Again, a little patience wouldn't go amiss, is a week really that long? You signed up to the credit option, you must have been comfortable with the club holding your money to do so, what does it matter if it drags on a little longer? If you're not happy with that situation you should've opted for the refund when it was originally offered.
Just so we are clear, I'll wank you off if you blindly defend me Mark xx

At the time it was announced we had every option for Europe

CL, EL Group Stages, EL Quali Rounds or as it turned out No Europe.

So they couldn't even publicly say at that point how it would work. You are asking questions that couldn't be answered at the time. If they had rolled out a list of scenarios you would have been complaining it is too complicated, stop confusing the fans. So poor from your side rather than Wolves but you know that but just want to play angry consumer and fire anger at the club and for some reason people who quite like they can go and watch a sucessful team, Save your energy on here and contact Wolves direct and ask for your refund.

Don't get a response - Contact your card provider and do a chargeback and contact Trading Standards. Go full in and speak with Joey E&S and get him a scoop on bad customer service, who knows Wolves may offer you some compensation for leaving you hanging for a life threatening 7 or more days

I have no dog in this fight (i got my refund for Olympiacos), but I agree with Pacamac that communication has been poor, saying "it's only been a week" isn't really a strong defence, they should have had a plan in place for every eventuality and issued that statement pretty quickly. The ticket office don't really have a lot else to do at the moment do they, so it's not as if that's an excuse either.

Wolves communication regarding these sort of situations hasn't been anywhere near as good since Dalrymple left, we should expect better.

At the time it was announced we had every option for Europe

CL, EL Group Stages, EL Quali Rounds or as it turned out No Europe.

So they couldn't even publicly say at that point how it would work. You are asking questions that couldn't be answered at the time. If they had rolled out a list of scenarios you would have been complaining it is too complicated, stop confusing the fans. So poor from your side rather than Wolves but you know that but just want to play angry consumer and fire anger at the club and for some reason people who quite like they can go and watch a sucessful team, Save your energy on here and contact Wolves direct and ask for your refund.

Don't get a response - Contact your card provider and do a chargeback and contact Trading Standards. Go full in and speak with Joey E&S and get him a scoop on bad customer service, who knows Wolves may offer you some compensation for leaving you hanging for a life threatening 7 or more days

Nah pal I'd always prefer the full picture you say too complicated for fans bit of a sad assumption on your fellow supporters is it not?

I'd say they couldn't give the answers/full info because while a few different scenarios might be pretty simple to anyone with a brain, its over and above the heads of the dimwits who seem to work at Wolves (or more likely they don't care)

No anger to Wolves fans who enjoy watching a successful team its great! People who ONLY go to watch a successful team....yeah those types can fuck off.

As I've said I've contact the club without response so came on here to see if anyone else had heard anything.

Sorry I thought this was an open forum for anything Wolves related wasn't aware it was run like a dictatorship.

Wolves communication regarding these sort of situations hasn't been anywhere near as good since Dalrymple left, we should expect better.

This is spot on and that's my issue if it was an isolated incident I'd be less bothered.

I was never too sure about Dalyrymple (not a huge fan of non football people involved in the game) but whether it was just great PR to get/keep the fans on side (as the cynic in me thought) at least the service/communication under him was so much better it seems like its either nobody else but him has a clue or now we're successful they don't care!

you say too complicated for fans bit of a sad assumption on your fellow supporters is it not?

I've seen how a % of our fans respond on Twitter, so not really. In fact it is the same for fans for every team

The club can tweet something like "Tickets go on sale at 10am tomorrow and are priced at £10" and they will get streams of replies "WHAT TIME ARE DEY ON SALE" and "HOW MUCH ARE THEY ARE" "ANNOUNCE RANDOM PLAYER SOMEONE WITH 2 FOLLOWERS SAID WE WERE SIGNING 1 HOUR AGO" So a list of outcomes would have equalled tweets and emails from a lot of people.

It is an open forum, but the chat is just kid of going round and round in circles. You expect something from the club that I (and I think others) don't (trust me I have made numerous complaints to and about the club over the years).Right now, I think we handle things quite well in terms of communication. Not perfect as that level doesn't exist. All comes down to your own expectations.

Yeah nice not really bothered what everyone on here knows not interested in your cliquey in jokes thanks.

"Dude"?? We American!

A week to communicate something they already had/have a plan for is long enough for a multimillion pound company. Just because you support the team it doesn't make you anymore loyal to accept poor service that you wouldn't in any other walk of life where you're paying good money for a good service.

You sound like you're even more of a consumer than me when it comes to Wolves!

Things change all the time, they might have had a range of plans but who knows what other information the club is privy to that we mere mortals aren't, there might have been something ready to roll out and higher powers have changed tack rendering them unfeasible now requiring a rethink. As said previously, if you're comfortable with the club holding your cash as credit then give them the benefit of the doubt and have a little patience in these strange times to allow them to figure something practical out, if you aren't comfortable with that or need the cash then the refund would've been the better option for you, something you can probably still request now if you're that bothered.

And if you've never heard a non-American say dude you probably need to get out more, honoured you feel I'm part of the TWF clique though, wonder if that'll hold enough weight for me to tag in on the next RL sesh, guys?

Just so we are clear, I'll wank you off if you blindly defend me Mark xx

Awesome, you're much more conveniently located than having to traipse all the way down to Wolverhampton for a quick handy.

I have no dog in this fight (i got my refund for Olympiacos), but I agree with Pacamac that communication has been poor, saying "it's only been a week" isn't really a strong defence, they should have had a plan in place for every eventuality and issued that statement pretty quickly. .

My opinion is something else has snuck in and changed the direction of the plans. Yesterdays email regarding supporters groups and rumblings the early rounds of the League Cup will be used as testing for the return of fans playing a part (I could be wrong, normally am). If that is the case, I think Wolves wil be holding fire as they have a set of fans with tickets that could attend 1 or 2 games without having to sell them. Issue with that is if they release a statement saying "hold on a bit longer" they get abuse. If they say thats the plan and then the Government says "nope, back in your houses scum", the club get abuse.

Obviously they have a limited window here to do something as no doubt they are being contacted by a lot of people regarding the ticket credit. I would expect something before the end of the month before I was getting arsey with them, ideally though the early part of next week. Maybe the option to say refund or leave it as Ticket credit for test events or any future ticket purchase.

I've seen how a % of our fans respond on Twitter, so not really. In fact it is the same for fans for every team

The club can tweet something like "Tickets go on sale at 10am tomorrow and are priced at £10" and they will get streams of replies "WHAT TIME ARE DEY ON SALE" and "HOW MUCH ARE THEY ARE" "ANNOUNCE RANDOM PLAYER SOMEONE WITH 2 FOLLOWERS SAID WE WERE SIGNING 1 HOUR AGO" So a list of outcomes would have equalled tweets and emails from a lot of people.

It is an open forum, but the chat is just kid of going round and round in circles. You expect something from the club that I (and I think others) don't (trust me I have made numerous complaints to and about the club over the years).Right now, I think we handle things quite well in terms of communication. Not perfect as that level doesn't exist. All comes down to your own expectations.

But they'll get those stupid tweets etc anyway in fact with no details likely slightly more as they'll have people like myself after actual details. Why not bury the details within a link somewhere keep the initial communication simple but with 'further details available' here. I think its pretty clear that the reason that was not done wasn't to avoid silly questions it was because they lack the forward thinking/motivation to have the details ready.

In fact was that Wolves Help twitter not designed specially for things like ticketing queries (remember they had to set it up as apparently the main Wolves twitter tweeting out stuff like ticket on sale dates upset the tourists). But even their answers are always vague and basically just regurgitate the original release.

Your talk of expectations, I had a show delayed and then eventually cancelled through see tickets.

When it was delayed I was informed within 24 hours and advised ticket would be valid unless I required a refund and to then contact them. When the show was then cancelled I was informed within 24 hours and money back within 2-3 days.

Wolves are a multimillion pound business that take a hell of a lot of money from us should that not be the level of expectation we are at? Whether others think it or not (as they're often blinkered by their support for the club) is irrelevant, we should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back