• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Sheff Utd: Verdict Thread

You say that, but they didn't have a player within a couple of yards of the ball when Semedo kicked air.

They didn't have a genuinely good chance in the 2nd half.

The best chance of the game for them was McAtee, and it was dreadful, a couple of good efforts from Brewster too, but they were comfortable saves.

We defended the box very well 2nd half, perfect game for Dawson.
There's a player either side of Semedo at that moment. It's the arbitrary bounce of a ball that saves us there.

We’re not really about control as a team though (hence why we are quite open attacking and defensively).
Needn't be that way though. We have more than good enough players to see that game out today much better than we did.

Like Kilman can clearly pass the ball normally, can't he. But he decided that today he'd be Paul Blades.

It's a tough one, because we're clearly a much better side than when we were top half under Lage, but equally there is still a feeling of fragility about it all.

It's a tough one, because we're clearly a much better side than when we were top half under Lage, but equally there is still a feeling of fragility about it all.
Depends in what sense you mean.

Because we finished 2021/22 with a record of P14 W3 D2 L9 and I don't see that happening or even close.

As in "are we *really* the 8th best team in the best league in the world", perhaps.

I don't share that feeling. We're a much better team than under Lage - we play really good stuff most of the time and you can see progress. We were just really fucking awful for 45 minutes today.

Depends in what sense you mean.

Because we finished 2021/22 with a record of P14 W3 D2 L9 and I don't see that happening or even close.

As in "are we *really* the 8th best team in the best league in the world", perhaps.
No, I don't think we're in danger of the wheels falling off in the same way, mostly because Gary clearly isn't as big a dipshit as Bruno.

Mid table inconsistency ay it.

Re: the scuffle between the two sheff united players. I thought you could get booked for such a thing

You'd have been livid if we hadn't scored it. I know I would.
I was annoyed at the lack of effort to meet Toti's lovely cross, it was similar that if someone makes a run they have a tap in. Just don't think its classed as a chance. But I know what you mean.

There is because we are over-performing a bit, but it’s different to under Lage because we’re going the other direction this time.

There is because we are over-performing a bit, but it’s different to under Lage because we’re going the other direction this time.
Yeah, mentioned him just because it's a clear "false position" example, but maybe too clear! 😅

Back