• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Sheff Utd: Verdict Thread

When his overall body of work is closer to that 3 months than the previous 2 years
I think I've established that I buy that as the reasoning tbf.

Up to Hwang to change minds.

Hwang is what he is, a hard working player who is decent in front of goal. Average skill level but ok for where we are now.
Tbf he's played twice since coming back to the team after an extended period away. Last week he was OK without pulling up any trees, today he was rubbish in a mostly (second half) rubbish performance from most of the team.
We'll see if he does anything for the rest of the season, wouldn't be surprised if he's sold if an acceptable offer comes in.

Was disappointed and surprised to see "Vape Gold Bar" being advertised around the ground today. Would expect this to fall under the same banner as cigarette advertisements - i.e banned.
Jeff is on record saying if something is legal he doesn't have an ethical objection to taking their money. Vapes aren't hidden in shops like fags are. The rules are different so Jeff will advertise them

Hwang also sustained a rolled ankle in the warm up that Sky thought would mean he wouldn't play.

Jeff is on record saying if something is legal he doesn't have an ethical objection to taking their money. Vapes aren't hidden in shops like fags are. The rules are different so Jeff will advertise them
For the benefit of our US members, maybe best to qualify the word 'fags'?

I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed that.

Reminded me very much of some 07/08 Championship games under Mick against the likes of Colchester and Scunthorpe. They're obviously outgunned, there's literally no-one in their team I'd want in our squad let alone first XI, we clearly have better players but it was such a grind.

Second half was really poor from 1-0 up. At least try to keep the ball now and then lads, eh. Kilman in particular was absolutely dismal in possession.

Hwang was a generous 2/10, he isn't a very good footballer is he. He can finish but so much else is lacking. If we could somehow get £20m+ for him I'd honestly take it.

Sarabia did play well and it's a nice header, RAN, Sa and Lemina did ok too. Not many others, including Neto who was in blind alley territory all afternoon.

Big chuckles at their players fighting with each other, not seen that from opponents since Mark Ward and Tom Cowan for Huddersfield in 1996. Hopefully Souza was telling that wanker Robinson that he's shit.

Take the points and we are indeed 8th. But we must do better than that.
I would take McAtee

Was disappointed and surprised to see "Vape Gold Bar" being advertised around the ground today. Would expect this to fall under the same banner as cigarette advertisements - i.e banned.
In the five years since I stopped smoking every doctor I’ve spoke to has said that vaping is a hundred times better than smoking. No real evidence I know but that’s from medical professionals. Maybe that advertising could help more people than it harms?

In the five years since I stopped smoking every doctor I’ve spoke to has said that vaping is a hundred times better than smoking. No real evidence I know but that’s from medical professionals. Maybe that advertising could help more people than it harms?
It's a tough one, but I know I feel better since I transitioned from cigs to vapes. I don't like the idea of non-smokers picking up a vape but I very much like the idea of a smoker switching to liquid.

Obviously the ideal would be quitting altogether, but nicotine is a bitch that way.

Equally anecdotally from having 2 kids in their late teens an enormous amount more of that generation now vape than those a decade older smoked. Should be available on prescription for smokers who want to give up, not for kids to develop habits they wouldn't otherwise have had.

Equally anecdotally from having 2 kids in their late teens an enormous amount more of that generation now vape than those a decade older smoked
They do. But the point still stands no?

It's a tough one, but I know I feel better since I transitioned from cigs to vapes. I don't like the idea of non-smokers picking up a vape but I very much like the idea of a smoker switching to liquid.

Obviously the ideal would be quitting altogether, but nicotine is a bitch that way.
Worst thing I ever did was started smoking (well equal worst) and I wish I’d never done it. I feel so much better through vaping but the utopia would be none at all. If more smokers switched to vaping at least it would be a good thing.

It does I amended my post with a further point
And I agree on the amended point. I don’t get why people would vape if they’ve never smoked anyway. It’s certainly not ‘cool’ and I wish I didn’t rely on it.

I can see that vaping is better than smoking fags, I always thought it was bought in as a way to get off tobacco.
My concern is, locally to me I see a lot of youngsters vaping, 12 year old upwards.
I'm guessing none of those have taken up vaping because it's more healthy than cigarettes, rather it seems its seen as what the cool kids do.

Vaping is a good (well, better) thing for ex-smokers. It's a terrible thing for kids. Not as bad as the tabs obviously but, there's no way that inhaling lemon sherbet chemical vapour isn't doing harm to people.

Back