• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 Middlesbrough 0 - Verdict thread

Also, if anyone has forgotten, Porto supporters (and our own SLB) told us that this is roughly how Nuno teams go. Workmanlike, solid, get the job done football.

Most interested in hearing how Bright got on. I am desperate for him to score and get the monkey off his back.
Bright showed everything he has in his game today good and bad. How you feel about him depends on which side you focus on.
Positives Runs with good ball control, real turn of pace, for about 10 mins in the second half he had then panicking and is strong.
Negatives diving, doesn't look up, more often than not picks the wrong option, gets caught on his heels when not concentrating properly.

Delighted with that.

Simply streets ahead of the absolute dross we finished last season with.

Neves is an outrageous talent. Jota showed aa couple of glimpses but was fairly quiet. The passing and movement at times was scintillating at other times disjointed but thats to be expected at this stage.

We'll get better than todays performance but we wont come up against many teams better than Boro (even on todays showing)

Shout outs to Neves, Rudddy and Boly. Jota was quiet barring a couple of moments and i think Leo goal aside was a little isolated but finished well and was industrious.

Bright showed so many glimpses of his obvious talent but was frustrsting with decision making. If somebody can relax him he could be a big player for us.

Very promising.

That was very encouraging. Especially when you consider we had our two best attacking players from last season unavailable, and also the fact that we won't come up against many better strike forces than that again this season.

The defence looked very organised, Boly being the pick with his strength and reading of the game. Coady and Miranda had a couple of shaky moments each but generally performed well. And I bloody love Douglas already, great passing from him.

Saiss impressed again, Bright frustrated and delighted in equal measure, and I was extremely pleased to see how much fight Jota has in him as not much came off for him today.

Bonatini looked alright. He linked up decently. Though he has no pace and didn't win a single header. Early days for him though, and he took his chance so no complaints. Dicko's first touch was horrendous when he came on.

Oh and Ruddy was ruddy excellent. Great save from Assombalonga and good claiming of high balls.

All in all a very pleasing win. With Cav and Costa back we'll only create more and look better going forward.

Bonatini looks like he'd be more at home in a Games Workshop than on a pitch, tbf. Doofy looking fella.

Bright showed everything he has in his game today good and bad. How you feel about him depends on which side you focus on.
Positives Runs with good ball control, real turn of pace, for about 10 mins in the second half he had then panicking and is strong.
Negatives diving, doesn't look up, more often than not picks the wrong option, gets caught on his heels when not concentrating properly.

It's that ball control that makes me want him to succeed so badly. You simply can't teach someone how the ball will react to every little touch. It's a 6th sense and Bright has it.

It's that ball control that makes me want him to succeed so badly. You simply can't teach someone how the ball will react to every little touch. It's a 6th sense and Bright has it.
So do Graham

i also think when zyro is up to speed he could be before bright

is that a bad thing?

Not neccesarily, my main point is that for me, Bright looks as good as Graham bar his delivery and he's 3 years younger, so if it was a choice, as much as I love Graham, I'd choose Bright.

Nah, Zyro will leave at Christmas, he's not shown enough to be anywhere near this squad imo.

Graham is far better than Bright at the moment, but Bright has an amazing first touch.

Not neccesarily, my main point is that Bright looks as good as Graham bar his delivery and he's 3 years younger, so if it was a choice, as much as I love Graham, I'd choose Bright.

not for me as a starter

nah, behind graham at least

Dont think a pacy striker is needed on this formation. At least not as it seems Nuno wants to play it. Dortmund did use one and see where that got them. On the other hand Diego Costa...

Not saying it would be a bad thing though. I just think its not something to worry about...

Not for me, but it's all about opinions.

Don't get me wrong, I really rate Graham, but I think Bright has that extra something, once he gets his goal I think he'll be alright.

In this formation too, you play with 3 forwards, Bright is more of a forward for me than Graham, he's more your winger, more at home when crossing the ball. How much crossing of the ball do you think we'll see when Costa and Cav are back? I'd wager not that much.

Zyro is a strawman, just like any player who has been out with an injury like that.

Stu Holden was a strawman for the US national team for years. It sets the team back to expect a good player to just get resurrected. Any catastrophic injury like that and you can't count on them ever being the same player they were. It's sadly just not realistic.

Another note... Not sure if Costa, Jota and Cavaleiro fit on the same starting 11. Considering the formation and system.

Nah, Zyro will leave at Christmas, he's not shown enough to be anywhere near this squad imo.

What a load of bollocks! He was one of our best players before he was assaulted. He's just come back from over a season out. He needs time, just like Dicko was given last season.

Back