• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 Middlesbrough 0 - Verdict thread

what has bright done to warrant a place in the first XI, we agree to disagree, respect your opinion though wanderer89

Another note... Not sure if Costa, Jota and Cavaleiro fit on the same starting 11. Considering the formation and system.
Well no. Obviously. As only two of them can play at a time in this system.

If he changes to 4-2-3-1 then they call all play.

What a load of bollocks! He was one of our best players before he was assaulted. He's just come back from over a season out. He needs time, just like Dicko was given last season.

Who will Zyro push out of the squad once everyone is fit? He does need time to get fully fit but he will struggle to get any game time ahead of other players in a similar position.

What a load of bollocks! He was one of our best players before he was assaulted. He's just come back from over a season out. He needs time, just like Dicko was given last season.

missed your post Aikiwolf...gone by christmas??????? we will give him time and then we will see if he gets back at the same level...

Jota played at centre forward for Porto last season.

I can easily see playing Cav - Jota - Costa as the front 3.

Some of our passing today was sublime, one ball from Neves to Doherty was about 50 yds along the deck and inch perfect. Saiss also played a few lovely balls. Although offensively Jota didn't do much I liked the fact the he tracked back and got stuck in.

Coady worries me, he organised the defence and lead the team really well and also played one ball out to the right wing I didn't think he was capable of, but from my vantage point their best 3 chances all came from him switching off. The free header, losing BA when Ruddy came out of his box to block and the Ruddy one on one save from the same player. It should have cost us today and will in the future

We were knackered after about 70 minutes, I didn't have an issue with the choice of subs, although I thought Dicko was poor, but that team playing Sat, Tues, Sat with that level of effort would worry me, we will need to rotate and having 4 players to play wing back will be key to that.

Chatting in the pub after. Mixture of Saiss, Neves & Ruddy being put forward as MOTM.

Ruddy is going to win us a LOT of points this season. Excellent save one on one v Britt, and commanded his area really well. Neves will grab the headlines, but Ruddy & Douglas look like top drawer signings.

Well no. Obviously. As only two of them can play at a time in this system.

If he changes to 4-2-3-1 then they call all play.

Not that obvious. This formation can be used strikeless with 3 mobile players up front. Actually i thought of that when Jota was signed.

Jota played at centre forward for Porto last season.

I can easily see playing Cav - Jota - Costa as the front 3.

4-2-3-1 formation as the man behind the striker. Very different context.

Chatting in the pub after. Mixture of Saiss, Neves & Ruddy being put forward as MOTM.

Ruddy is going to win us a LOT of points this season. Excellent save one on one v Britt, and commanded his area really well. Neves will grab the headlines, but Ruddy & Douglas look like top drawer signings.

I like that he is so good and commanding on crosses, havent been that impressed with him the last two seasons though..hopefully im wrong, but improvement nonetheless

Actually of those 3, Cavaleiro is the one with more experiente on that centre role. Actually he was a striker most of his time in the academy. Then he was put on the wing... for obvious reasons.

That was almost two years ago, though. We've seen players like Sylvan have similarly awful injuries and they never come back from it. I think it's a mistake to expect Zyro to ever have an impact again.

Who will Zyro push out of the squad once everyone is fit? He does need time to get fully fit but he will struggle to get any game time ahead of other players in a similar position.
Bright for starters. And probably Graham. Assuming he gets back to how he was when we signed him.

Double post due to issues with the signal on the train home!

Last edited:
Thought ruddy did really well, I was right in line with the chance when he can out and blocked out of his area - he did really well to get out close Britt down so quickly.

4-2-3-1 formation as the man behind the striker. Very different context.

With our other forwards playing tucked inside of the wings I think the difference is negligible. Our other forwards can easily link with Jota like Silva did last season.

Last edited:
Actually of those 3, Cavaleiro is the one with more experiente on that centre role. Actually he was a striker most of his time in the academy. Then he was put on the wing... for obvious reasons.

Obvious reasons? Such as?

Thought ruddy did really well, I was right in line with the chance when he can out and blocked out of his area - he did really well to get out close Britt down so quickly.

i know, good save and also good all game TBF..just seen him in the prem and he hasnt looked quite as impressive...we have improved in that area though so its a positive

what has bright done to warrant a place in the first XI, we agree to disagree, respect your opinion though wanderer89

At the moment? He's not just come back from a long lay off, looks fit and he's causing defenders trouble, he just lacks a couple of things. Nothing that can't be taught to him, which I'm sure Nuno and the coaching staff will be. I think he suits the formation better than Graham anyway. If Graham plays, then it's at RWB for me.
Same goes with you mate, we all want the best for the club.

Back