• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Man City: Verdict Thread

I guess you’re right the the fact that Cunha clearly isn’t a bad player. A good player to be fair. But he’s not a 40million pound player.

It’s part of a judgement on a player. Not the full judgement though
All about opinion but if Rice is worth over 100M, then Cunha is worth what we paid. If he could score goals, then he'd be worth a whole lot more.

What has Cunha got so far this season? 1 goal (v Palace) 1 assist (yesterday)?

As a 3 Hwang, Neto and Cunha have been the most productive trio we've had since Raul, Jota and Traore?

All about opinion but if Rice is worth over 100M, then Cunha is worth what we paid. If he could score goals, then he'd be worth a whole lot more.
But that works both ways. You can find lots of players for lower value who would be better buys, and nice versa expensive players who haven’t.

That’s why it’s fairly pointless comparing individual transfers to one another. Even more so when they play different positions

What has Cunha got so far this season? 1 goal (v Palace) 1 assist (yesterday)?
The goal against Everton (IIRC) was about Cuhna pulling defenders away from Neto for the cross, and yesterday without a Dias poor deflection he scores 9/10 times, so this is where stats don't help.

Last edited:
I know Cunha's been here for a minute now but I do think it's worth remembering just how high the standard of play in the Prem is (regardless of what people like to say about the teams at the bottom). It's the most difficult league in the world for a player to rock up in and hit the ground running.

I personally believe that we're seeing enough out of Matheus to be optimistic about his continued settling.

View attachment 8465
Have you even watched it back? This is half a second before he plays it/falls to him. It’s impossible to fuck up, particularly for any of the reasons to mention. Doing the latter two would file under “stupidest things I’ve ever seen”.

Listening To Linekar, Gray and quite a few other Pundits praising Cunha for the pass

I personally believe that we're seeing enough out of Matheus to be optimistic about his continued settling.
Nunes? Agreed. I’m optimistic he won’t settle at all the twat.

The goal against Everton (IIRC) was about Cuhna pulling defenders away from Neto for the cross, and yesterday without a Dias poor deflection he scores 9/10 times, so this is where stats don't help.
Cunha had a big part in the Liverpool goal too in getting it to Neto who got it to Hwang.

Last edited:
Reactions: jlo
Seems harsh just to say it was an easy thing on our winner.

Have you seen us in the penalty area before? We go into panic mode and become excited school children "OMG OMG IM GOING TO SCORE...shit"

That ball rolling towards a player, back to goal 8 yards out but not properly marked so many would have turned and shot...and probably hit the keeper or defender.
Instead he is aware and most importantly calm. Yes it's simple in the end because he made it simple.

The occasion etc play a huge part in moments like that. Fair fucks to him on this one.

Cunha had a big part in the Liverpool goal to in getting it to Neto who got it to Hwang.
I think that's the one I meant actually, not Everton. And as Glasgow said, the pass yesterday for the assist was cleverly done.

Most foreign players take at least 12 months, Hwang last year was poor, nickname Hwank.

This year looks a different player.
Cunha looks a better player and improving all the time.

Sometimes we are all me included far to quick to make our mind up.

Cunha has been great on the ball, he just need to add a few more goals to his game. Especially if he's the only one through the middle.

Most foreign players take at least 12 months, Hwang last year was poor, nickname Hwank.

This year looks a different player.
Hwang had already been here for 12 months this time last year.

He still has quite a lot of moments that just look plain weird and out of place for a Premier League player, what isn't in doubt is if he gets chances he'll score quite a few goals.

Hwang had already been here for 12 months this time last year.

He still has quite a lot of moments that just look plain weird and out of place for a Premier League player, what isn't in doubt is if he gets chances he'll score quite a few goals.
His finish was very calm yesterday too, I know it was an "easy" finish, but even so, he looked assured.

We got better about it after I got upset, I thought.

And, to be frank, all my moaning turned out to be over fuck all. We executed the plan exceptionally, something I really didn't expect in the opening 15ish minutes of the match.

Back