• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Man City: Verdict Thread

Now, if City fans want to be upset that Cunha never gets a yellow for his play-acting…

Bloke’s hilarious but if he was playing for the opposition I’d despise him. He’s like a fun version of Pod.

He’s a proper little wanker but it’s about time we had one that we also didn’t hate.

What a game!

City were pretty poor if I'm honest, lots of possession but we didn't let ourselves be dragged out of shape and forced city to move the ball sideways.

Watching us play 5 at the back seemed to fit the players and I think we will likely stick with it over the next few games, fair play to GON for realising he needed to change something!

Lovely assist from Cunha to Hwang, I thought he was going to mess up by turning to shoot but he showed excellent composure. Hwang was a bit lucky to be on the pitch mind you...

Neto was brilliant, he seems to be back to his swashbuckling best. Brilliant work for the first goal and I especially enjoyed him clapping in front of Grealish to stop a quick throw in!

Now, if City fans want to be upset that Cunha never gets a yellow for his play-acting…

Bloke’s hilarious but if he was playing for the opposition I’d despise him. He’s like a fun version of Pod.
He annoys the fuck out out of me.

Podence was just a cunt. Cunha seems to use it to cover his ineptitude. Not sure which will annoy me more long term. Probably going to be a numbers/performance decision

Neto was brilliant, he seems to be back to his swashbuckling best. Brilliant work for the first goal and I especially enjoyed him clapping in front of Grealish to stop a quick throw in!

I enjoyed this almost as much as I enjoyed Dawson preventing Sa taking a quick goal kick 😂

Also, shout out to Kilman who actually did some captain work today, motivating players and looking up for it!

He annoys the fuck out out of me.

Podence was just a cunt. Cunha seems to use it to cover his ineptitude. Not sure which will annoy me more long term. Probably going to be a numbers/performance decision
Cunha earned some grace today; how many players have been through the club in recent years that fuck up Hwang's goal by trying to go for it themselves rather than laying it off (quite perfectly, too)?

We need more from him, though, no doubt there. I still find myself really liking him regardless.

Cunha earned some grace today; how many players have been through the club in recent years that fuck up Hwang's goal by trying to go for it themselves rather than laying it off (quite perfectly, too)?

We need more from him, though, no doubt there. I still find myself really liking him regardless.

I understand the theory behind playing him today and it worked, but a lone striker he is not. The three of them do work pretty well together though and Cunha often pre-occupies defenders which frees the other two up.

Yep... just read all 54 pages on "Blue Moon" and the majority thought Hwang should have got a second yellow and shouldn't have been on the field to score the second. When you look at Jota getting sent off, they may have a point.

However, where they don't have a point is in regard to Pawson. He literally gave them their goal with that free kick decision. He gave them a lot of the niggly stuff as well but overall, he didn't determine who won the game.

A few give us credit for outfighting them and defending well and one or two actually say we deserved to win. The majority though now have some sort of entitlement mentality that they should be walking all over "teams like Wolves."

City fans never used to be like that. I guess moneyed success changes you.
To be fair if we’d have lost last week we’d have had a similar attitude, put it this way we all predicted a heavy defeat today so don’t really have a problem with opposing fans being unhappy at losing to us.

What a game!

City were pretty poor if I'm honest, lots of possession but we didn't let ourselves be dragged out of shape and forced city to move the ball sideways.

Watching us play 5 at the back seemed to fit the players and I think we will likely stick with it over the next few games, fair play to GON for realising he needed to change something!

Lovely assist from Cunha to Hwang, I thought he was going to mess up by turning to shoot but he showed excellent composure. Hwang was a bit lucky to be on the pitch mind you...

The 5 at the back will work with certain teams. Today is all well and good as city love having the ball

When we play teams more around us, they won’t be as open on the counter. Been our issue for a few years we seem to struggle to get results against teams we should.

You only have to look at our best performances this year. United, first 45 v Liverpool and today

Ref seemed crap to me, giving wrong decisions for both teams although felt like he was giving more to City (probably my Wolves bias) but the most annoying thing was him letting City players 'chat' to him all through the game, plainly City players were trying to ref the game.
And telling the wolves players to go away when they try to get into his ear.

Agreed. But I’m not going to label passing to a bloke who is already screaming for it as soon as it left his boot the first time, on his strong foot. 6 yards out from goal, in the middle of it, with the keeper out of position, Some act of genius, as not passing would be one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen

Agreed. But I’m not going to label passing to a bloke who is already screaming for it as soon as it left his boot the first time, on his strong foot. 6 yards out from goal, in the middle of it, with the keeper out of position, Some act of genius, as not passing would be one of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen
I dunno man, I think a lot of players fuck that up where Cunha didn't.

Summat I forgot to say earlier, atmosphere in the North Bank was really good, no doubt helped by Nunes starting
Also the most people I've seen stay to the end, in fact well after the end to applaud the players for a long time.

I dunno man, I think a lot of players fuck that up where Cunha didn't.
I disagree. Players are selfish sometimes but the ratios here are wildly out of proportion. Not passing would be one of the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. Facing the wrong way, on your weak foot (ignoring you can’t kick straight at the best of times) , with all the other factors preciously mentioned . I expect Barry at goals on a Wednesday to pass here,

We ain’t gonna see eye to eye on it then. For me it’s quality play and he gets credit for it. Needn’t be the same for you.

Back