• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-3 West Brom: Verdict Thread

Ait Nouri improved us but MGW and Cutrone were rubbish, MGW in particular.
I sometimes wonder what we expect - were we wanting MGW to change the game?

Why? He’s never done that before?

He’s never actually done anything of note, yet people cling to the thought of him being an answer?

He’s not very good - certainly not a PL player on performance alone.

Our bench is absolutely pitiful.

So - to an extent we were unlucky today. Their goals were a penalty which was on the edge/outside the area, a header where they elbowed one of our players in the face, and a penalty with no contact at all until he was almost on the floor. They had no chances at all apart from that.

we scored a couple of good goals and created some really good opportunities. Having said that, no shots on target in the second half from those opportunities is not good enough.

I thought the front 3 were pretty good, but the midfield three were very poor. Donk in particular - why are we encouraging him to push forward when he’s fucking awful at it? If he’s not there to spanner it wide consistently, someone else might be who can shoot. Put MGW in there, at least he can shoot and has enough technique to supply someone else.

really disappointed. Shit result. Not enough character second half.

Anyone saying Nuno can go though, can fuck right off.
I pretty well totally agree with you. The referee edged it their way with some dubious decisions.

Amazingly we find out that we knew what we always knew! Morgan Gibbs White is not good enough. Patrick Cutrone is not good enough. And now we’re going to do no more business in the transfer window. A depressingly awful season.
I thought Gibbs white improved us when he came in but they were 10 at the back by then.

Crisis, Big FUCKING CRISIS. Anyone se a win from anywhere, we are in trouble, thanks to that gutless spineless showing.

MGW might be ok doing it Vs Barnsley and Wycombe but he's not a premier League players he was absolutely dreadful when he came on again.

For those interested xG was 1.94 Vs 2.45

Penalties are 0.75 ish xG

Just remember that’s their first away win this fucking season!
There really are not words for how I am feeling about that. And I can remember the Terry Connor era well! This lot will probably be dismantled for profit now. Don’t be surprised if we lose a big player in this window. Shambolic recruiting for the last four windows and we look like a real mess. Reminded me of Leicester under the tinker man the season after the won the league. Nuno looked lost second half and the team stunk the place out second half.
Damn right I am feeling negative. It’s the shite again!

Let's not forget that 1.5 of their xG was two incredibly soft penalties.

Hubristic signings looking at two seasons hence instead of this one, the premature decision to start messing round with a successful formula with no pre-season (and signings that don't fit the formula) and then constant tinkering all season to mostly little effect... and here we are.

Nuno's head seems gone and I don't think he knows what his best team is anymore now, I certainly don't. Not even sure the comfort of three at the back is much of an answer either.

Still don't think we're in a relegation battle but that's mainly due to the teams down there rather than complacency. Be surprised if Fulham make up much ground in those games in hand. If they do then who knows.

It's some fall from grace to be talking about relegation though.

My weekend is ruined, and my summer looks like going the same way, when we go down. No good blaming injuries, something is massively wrong, and it hurts me to say this, Nuno has lost it.

We’re in serious trouble at the moment going through the fixtures and I’m struggling to see where we’ll next win a game.
A serious complacent attitude at the club of “ it’s ok to have an off season” no it ain’t and an off season at this level can be catastrophic at this level.
Injuries can’t be blamed today, some very senior players went hiding Coady, Neves and Moutihno in particular.
Decision making by defenders is just appalling why oh why does Coady need to make that tackle?
No one in the league at this moment is performing at a worse level than we are.
To much tinkering from game to game looks like it’s just confused everyone. Back 4 to a back 3, not playing a recognisable striker against weak opponents in other games.
Trying to change our style from last season? Was last season really that bad and are we really in position to think we can do such a thing in such a short turnaround.
Those who’ve arrogantly dismissed the possibility of relegation have probably been given a huge reality check.
Fact is the better side won today, they were sharper in the middle and actually managed the game far better than us.
I said losing this would put immense pressure on Nuno and it has to a point all the credit in the bank has gone and is now going to have to go on a game by game basis.

I still think some of negativity is bang out of line, but equally after a result like that I can’t formulate an argument for why.

I still think some of negativity is bang out of line, but equally after a result like that I can’t formulate an argument for why.
Maybe it’s because we’ve seen many teams ‘too good to go down’ go down, and a number of teams plummet from apparent safety to the Championship.

Time to get back to basics defensively, we need to make it hard for teams to play against us

Let's not going down the route of almost discounting the penalties. They came because they were attacking and we can't defend, and were both fouls.
Yeah. Even the one which is clearly outside the box, the events leading up to it and then the foul were fucking farcical

Back