• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-3 West Brom: Verdict Thread

Earlier, it was mentioned who could we beat in our next 5 PL games. Has anybody seen Arsenal play recently?
Yes, and they are currently dispatching the Toon. Not bad for a team that looked like they were on the downturn not so long ago. We are lucky this season i guess that there are a few teams worse than us.

Last edited:
Yes, and they are currently dispatching the Toon. Not bad for a team that looked like they were on the downturn not so long ago. We are lucky this season i guess there are a few teams worse than us.
They are (badly timed post by me)! You are right this season is a strange one probably because of Covid having such a significant effect.

Yes, and all the talk is of them going down. Didn't we only have one win in 9? :oops:
Sorry, last nine in all competitions for the toon, but it shows that they're on a pretty slippery slope. One win in nine, with two draws for us.

Arsenal went on a run with one win in ten. People declared they were in a relegation battle (if only). We are in a very similar boat to they were.

Arsenal went on a run with one win in ten. People declared they were in a relegation battle (if only). We are in a very similar boat to they were.
Yes i know, hence me mentioning it a couple of posts up. It's perfectly reasonable to suggest we can do the same. We have quality players like they have. They just need to play as a team!

I’ll take that kind of turnaround!!

Saka, Smith-Rowe and Tierney are top class players.

Saka is great, another quality option in the England squad for the Euros, and can cover so many positions!

new signings or not this Wolves squad is capable of putting together performances and results. And certainly better than what we have seen so far this season.

As I've said before, I don't think anyone who wasn't just making mischief (like BFS) ever thought Arsenal would be part of a relegation battle. When was the last time a team their size was?

I also think relegation talk is a red herring for us too. We won't go down, doesn't make this season any kind of success story if Nuno can't turn it round. Which, of course, he's more than capable of

As I've said before, I don't think anyone who wasn't just making mischief (like BFS) ever thought Arsenal would be part of a relegation battle. When was the last time a team their size was?

I also think relegation talk is a red herring for us too. We won't go down, doesn't make this season any kind of success story if Nuno can't turn it round. Which, of course, he's more than capable of

That's my point really anyway, we aren't realistically in any danger.

A mid-table finish is definitely still a disappointment, considering the performances in the previous two seasons (we deservedly to finish 7th both times, possibly higher). What we need to see between now and the end of the season is (obviously) the results improve in the short term but just the general performance. People need to see there is something to believe in next season I think.

Saka is great, another quality option in the England squad for the Euros, and can cover so many positions!

new signings or not this Wolves squad is capable of putting together performances and results. And certainly better than what we have seen so far this season.
This squad and team including Nuno and his backroom staff are more than capable of doing it, i know some fans don't want to hear it and we definitely need to sign players (in the summer for me) but Nuno is right when he says the solutions are here, they are here as he and the squad have more than enough ability to get more out of themselves and get the required improvement we all want to see.

This squad and team including Nuno and his backroom staff are more than capable of doing it, i know some fans don't want to hear it and we definitely need to sign players (in the summer for me) but Nuno is right when he says the solutions are here, they are here as he and the squad have more than enough ability to get more out of themselves and get the required improvement we all want to see.
It's more a confidence thing right now. A run of bad results, plus bad referreeing, plus shit luck don't do wonders for that. We desperately need Raul back and how he was. Not sure if he will be back to how he was straight away though. I highly doubt we'll buy anyone this window.

That's my point really anyway, we aren't realistically in any danger.

A mid-table finish is definitely still a disappointment, considering the performances in the previous two seasons (we deservedly to finish 7th both times, possibly higher). What we need to see between now and the end of the season is (obviously) the results improve in the short term but just the general performance. People need to see there is something to believe in next season I think.
A disappointment probably because we progressed to far too quick i think. It lulled us into a false sense of security.

It's more a confidence thing right now. A run of bad results, plus bad referreeing, plus shit luck don't do wonders for that. We desperately need Raul back and how he was. Not sure if he will be back to how he was straight away though. I highly doubt we'll buy anyone this window.
A disappointment probably because we progressed to far too quick i think. It lulled us into a false sense of security.
I think all of those things are an issue right now. If we were getting better results etc would the players be making so many errors probably not but without a doubt the biggest issue is how we're set up in each game and far too often we're not quite getting it right yet even with that we're only losing out by those small margins.

I don't think we have progressed too quickly, did we expect to finish 7th twice and to have been in a European quarter final within 4 years when Fosun took over, i don't think we did but when you look at the players we have brought in then it's no surprise we did all that and deserved it too. Even this season, you look at Everton in 6th 10 points clear of us and i don't think they're that much better than us from what i've seen. As you said with everything that hasn't gone our way this season, we actually aren't far from being that top 7 side and that's with a lot of work to be done.

I think all of those things are an issue right now. If we were getting better results etc would the players be making so many errors probably not but without a doubt the biggest issue is how we're set up in each game and far too often we're not quite getting it right yet even with that we're only losing out by those small margins.

I don't think we have progressed too quickly, did we expect to finish 7th twice and to have been in a European quarter final within 4 years when Fosun took over, i don't think we did but when you look at the players we have brought in then it's no surprise we did all that and deserved it too. Even this season, you look at Everton in 6th 10 points clear of us and i don't think they're that much better than us from what i've seen. As you said with everything that hasn't gone our way this season, we actually aren't far from being that top 7 side and that's with a lot of work to be done.
For sure it wasn't luck we progressed. I just think it was above what they thought at the beginning of Fosun's tenure. For them and us.
I agree the set up is the big issue right now, not the actual players we have. When Nuno says we play better with 4 at the back he's missed something very obvious. We haven't got the right set of players playing in that 4 right now. That's apart from the other failings.

For sure it wasn't luck we progressed. I just think it was above what they thought at the beginning of Fosun's tenure. For them and us.
I agree the set up is the big issue right now, not the actual players we have. When Nuno says we play better with 4 at the back he's missed something very obvious. We haven't got the right set of players playing in that 4 right now. That's apart from the other failings.
Personally i don't think we've got the right approach, set up or players with the 4 at the back. I do think Nuno is capable of finding the right approach and set up and i think we have the players capable of performing better and getting better results at the club. Whether that all gets sorted is completely different.

Back