• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-3 West Brom: Verdict Thread

I do enjoy pacamac's occasional flounces. Really livens up the day.

I'd disagree with that Sam, I think we have excellent speed in the side to play the high press, Neto, Pod, Adama, RAN, Semedo and Donk have all those attributes.

We lack a little in the centre but with a higher line we'd combat that.

Fair comment mate - I just wondered if it would leave Boly/Coady exposed to the elements a bit but you make a fair point about a higher line!

To be honest mate, I've pretty much stopped posting on this part of the Forum because of posters like you and I think a few others have stopped as well.
You believe that your posts hold more gravitas than anyone else's and if they disagree with your point it is THEY who are wrong. Have you ever thought that, perhaps, your style of posting is the problem?
I agree with little that Prawnking or Cyber post but they (usually) post in a less confrontational way and are happy to back their post up with some sort of evidence, without resorting to insults and ranting.

However, I'm not from Wolverhampton, or even Derby, so I guess my thoughts don't count and I SHOULD stay off the part of the Forum discussing the team I've supported for 49 years
Pacamac won't see this as he's been banned but not all are local - either because they have moved away or have an association with the team for whatever reason yrs ago (60 years in my case) & have stayed with them wherever they ended up.

The Royal London comment was unneeded as, living down south, it's the only time I get to meet up with friends (none of whom I knew till I came on here) - we don't all follow the same thought pattern & know that there are some issues I won't discuss as I am aware that there are wildly different views, but we are all Wolves fans

To be honest mate, I've pretty much stopped posting on this part of the Forum because of posters like you and I think a few others have stopped as well.
You believe that your posts hold more gravitas than anyone else's and if they disagree with your point it is THEY who are wrong. Have you ever thought that, perhaps, your style of posting is the problem?
I agree with little that Prawnking or Cyber post but they (usually) post in a less confrontational way and are happy to back their post up with some sort of evidence, without resorting to insults and ranting.

However, I'm not from Wolverhampton, or even Derby, so I guess my thoughts don't count and I SHOULD stay off the part of the Forum discussing the team I've supported for 49 years
Firstly, I think pacamac was out of order today.

But isn't keeping away from the football forum (and being vocal about it, and you're not the first person to do this) not much better than the 'flouncing off when things don't go your way' that he's been accused of?

People like pacamac, and also the 'usual suspects' (I'm sure you can reel off who else goes in this list beside myself) are still in the vast minority on here, so feeling threatened by it is unnecessary. Speaking personally, I'd hate to think I was part of the reason for someone to post less, or not at all, but I also can't change how I see things just because other people are being, imo, precious.

This is a great forum, there are some posting styles and 'personalities' I don't care for, but there are also some great insights/excellent football minds on here (some people embody both! ).

Firstly, I think pacamac was out of order today.

But isn't keeping away from the football forum (and being vocal about it, and you're not the first person to do this) not much better than the 'flouncing off when things don't go your way' that he's been accused of?

People like pacamac, and also the 'usual suspects' (I'm sure you can reel off who else goes in this list beside myself) are still in the vast minority on here, so feeling threatened by it is unnecessary. Speaking personally, I'd hate to think I was part of the reason for someone to post less, or not at all, but I also can't change how I see things just because other people are being, imo, precious.

This is a great forum, there are some posting styles and 'personalities' I don't care for, but there are also some great insights/excellent football minds on here (some people embody both! ).
I can't be arsed to wade through 15 pages of "we're shit, we're getting relegated" to try to find something worthwhile to debate. It's not "flouncing off" it's having better things to do than pollute my brain with the garbage that gets posted.
When I do post I'm met with comments like "here comes the clique" and other such bullshit. You can't tell me to post or I'm as bad as pacamac and then, when I do, hit your default setting of "everyone is ganging up on me"!

I can't be arsed to wade through 15 pages of "we're shit, we're getting relegated" to try to find something worthwhile to debate. It's not "flouncing off" it's having better things to do than pollute my brain with the garbage that gets posted.
When I do post I'm met with comments like "here comes the clique" and other such bullshit. You can't tell me to post or I'm as bad as pacamac and then, when I do, hit your default setting of "everyone is ganging up on me"!

Mate I'm trying to be reasonable not wind you up, apologies if I've done the latter.

I know you're exaggerating to emphasise your point, but this is a bit much...I really think even the most critical of posters have more nuance than 'we're shit and getting relegated'. If anyone says anything like that, it's a one-off, not 15 pages. Just ignore it. Other people's opinions aren't garbage. There's always gonna be the odd derailed thread or argument, that's been the case with forums forever. I don't think either 'side' are blameless, which is what you seem to be suggesting.

don't agree with this at all, we've never pressed high and early since Nuno has been here....even in the Championship imo.
Think part of the problem atm is we aren't doing either high fast press or our previous style of sucking teams in, winning the ball just in front of our box and fast breaks. Its seems to be some kind of hybrid that just isn't working, all seems a bit of a muddle currently.
Man City away all of our early Chances from pressing on the Half way Line.
West Ham Traores goal from pressing half way

We have never always pressed high but we have always had a spell or to where we caused them problems with our forwards pressing.

'have all the opinions you like' but don't keep repeating them as thats not allowed by the all mighty Deutsch (unless you agree with him).

Not flouncing off anywhere if thats the type of forum you and your pals want then thats fair enough wouldn't wanna ruin your pat on each others back sanctum.

Was only using this forum as a stop gap but became a bit of a habit to also check on here. Its very quiet usually and hardly worth the time logging on on most days there's about 5 new posts (and 3 of em are me!).

Should have known it was full of saps when I saw someone mention meeting up in the Royal London matchdays. Can imagine the types.
I'm sure you're well hard, like.

Dickhead.

was just wondering about this, I've not got any knowledge of tactics or coaching so is it possible to change to a high/fast press from where we are now or does it take quite a long time?
We have done it.

Whilst we dont press like say Liverpool, Or Man City, we keep our shape, but have at certain points in the game won the ball very high up.

We dont constantly do it but there are plenty of examples of us winning the ball back early.

I think the players could do it

Man City away all of our early Chances from pressing on the Half way Line.
West Ham Traores goal from pressing half way

We have never always pressed high but we have always had a spell or to where we caused them problems with our forwards pressing.
We haven't played City away yet have we and we didn't score against West Ham..........unless you're talking about 1or 2 seasons ago?

I assume some of the angry folk on here have pillows in their house? Might be an idea to go and scream into one of them on occasions.

I think we can really benefit offensively if we can press higher up..maybe middle of their third or so. We will see what plans Nuno have, hope we get Podence back soon, really miss Jonnys stability as LWB too and of course Raul.

Pressing high up means you need a high line, a high line means you need mobile CBs ready to deal with the ball over the top. I don't think we have the CBs to do it effectively

Yes it was neccesary... i dont expect any of our players to be smiling let alone laughing after losing that game

Is the wrong answer. Your posts directly after the game were painful to read - we were all hurting afterwards, and I appreciate that this particular fixture is going to create increased emotions for some, but please try and use a bit of self moderation - think about how your posts will appear to others.

I was fortunate enough to miss the game on Saturday so I wasn't able to deal with things that were posted in the immediate aftermath but try to understand that the moderation team have better things to do than sift through various threads littered with childish posts just because we happened to lose a game of football.

There isn't a prize for who can appear the most outraged after we are beaten by our local rivals. If you get that worked up that you resort to such a base level of posting, I suggest logging off and calming down.

We haven't played City away yet have we and we didn't score against West Ham..........unless you're talking about 1or 2 seasons ago?
2-0 win, its pointless talking about this season for things we have stopped doing this season

2-0 win, its pointless talking about this season for things we have stopped doing this season
Both those goals we won deep in our own half and broke fast wirh Raul and Traore...classic counter attacking, no high press there

I what get Glasgowolf's posted post match. It pissed me off a bit too. I didn't have a skinful of beer though which he admitted he had. Supporters are passionate in different ways, but we are all Wolves supporters here?
Two options, either jog on past the posts, or moderators just delete any posts they think are offensive then send a pm to whoever did it. Then it's time to move on.
I don't get why certain people just think their opinion is right and everyone else's isn't. Just because you have a strong opinion on something doesn't mean you are right, and everyone else is a dickhead.
There's some great knowledge here, and good discussion, but sometimes the team we all support draws fire...

Back