• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-3 West Brom: Verdict Thread

And back on track....The ponderous build up or overcautious approach play, what is all that about? Is it a fear of losing possession, a lack of faith in abilities, I don't know
As I joked about earlier it's counterproductive, we can be 6 yards from the goal line and still play it back to our own half ! We've gone from one of the fastest attacking sides in the league to easily the slowest. I can't think of another team that continuously moves the ball forward at such a glacial pace.

And back on track....The ponderous build up or overcautious approach play, what is all that about? Is it a fear of losing possession, a lack of faith in abilities, I don't know
As I joked about earlier it's counterproductive, we can be 6 yards from the goal line and still play it back to our own half ! We've gone from one of the fastest attacking sides in the league to easily the slowest. I can't think of another team that continuously moves the ball forward at such a glacial pace.
I think that a symptom of trying to retain more control over the games, I don't think its a bad thing as such (no point in lamping it in the box for sake of it).

I think that a symptom of trying to retain more control over the games, I don't think its a bad thing as such (no point in lamping it in the box for sake of it).
nothing wrong with holding on to possession when required and there's nothing 'on' but in recent games, there have been incisive attacking passes 'on' but ignored

nothing wrong with holding on to possession when required and there's nothing 'on' but in recent games, there have been incisive attacking passes 'on' but ignored

I think it's a confidence issue amongst the squad - there's a fundamental desire to just not give up possession so those chances on incisive passes aren't taken.

If you watch Liverpool with their shape and pass/move I can see what Nuno is building towards, but the players have got to get that self-belief back.

Biggest difference for me at the moment. We used to win tge ball back early and a lot of our goals came from that high and early press.
Now we just sit their and let them have it and not press.

I cannot remember a tine in either of the last 3 or 4 matches where we pressured a team.

Not pressuring a team when other teams have scored 4 and 5 when they pressured them.

Not sprinting to close players down is a lack of effort.

Biggest difference for me at the moment. We used to win tge ball back early and a lot of our goals came from that high and early press.
Now we just sit their and let them have it and not press.

I cannot remember a tine in either of the last 3 or 4 matches where we pressured a team.

Not pressuring a team when other teams have scored 4 and 5 when they pressured them.

Not sprinting to close players down is a lack of effort.
don't agree with this at all, we've never pressed high and early since Nuno has been here....even in the Championship imo.
Think part of the problem atm is we aren't doing either high fast press or our previous style of sucking teams in, winning the ball just in front of our box and fast breaks. Its seems to be some kind of hybrid that just isn't working, all seems a bit of a muddle currently.

We haven't got the quality for a high press defence wise.

Calling a fellow poster on here a prick is totally different to calling Boly a cunt for fist pumping with the Albion

Are either necessary or particularly pleasant to read?

Have all the opinions you like, just don't flounce off when I tell you you're talking shite.
'have all the opinions you like' but don't keep repeating them as thats not allowed by the all mighty Deutsch (unless you agree with him).

Not flouncing off anywhere if thats the type of forum you and your pals want then thats fair enough wouldn't wanna ruin your pat on each others back sanctum.

Was only using this forum as a stop gap but became a bit of a habit to also check on here. Its very quiet usually and hardly worth the time logging on on most days there's about 5 new posts (and 3 of em are me!).

Should have known it was full of saps when I saw someone mention meeting up in the Royal London matchdays. Can imagine the types.

Perhaps express your opinions without the hyperbolic unsubstantiated bollocks sprinkled in. I get why people are upset about the performance on Saturday, just not some of the stuff that seems to annoy them - like a post game fist bump
Someone from Derby wouldn't understand.

We haven't got the quality for a high press defence wise.
I'd disagree with that Sam, I think we have excellent speed in the side to play the high press, Neto, Pod, Adama, RAN, Semedo and Donk have all those attributes.

We lack a little in the centre but with a higher line we'd combat that.

I'd disagree with that Sam, I think we have excellent speed in the side to play the high press, Neto, Pod, Adama, RAN, Semedo and Donk have all those attributes.

We lack a little in the centre but with a higher line we'd combat that.
was just wondering about this, I've not got any knowledge of tactics or coaching so is it possible to change to a high/fast press from where we are now or does it take quite a long time?

was just wondering about this, I've not got any knowledge of tactics or coaching so is it possible to change to a high/fast press from where we are now or does it take quite a long time?
I don't know the players but we certainly have the physical attributes, don't know about the mental ones.

If you look at Jota he's had no trouble fitting in at Liverpool so it says to me we could do it.

It requires a complete change from Nuno which would be my worry. If he can't do it then play on the counter as Simeone and Mourinho do and stick with that.

We have the players to do that as well. Whatever we do we need a plan and to stick with it as we are as you say 'muddled'.

I'm calm

Like I say enjoy ya boring non confrontational (because there's about 5 people who constantly post who all just pat each other on the head telling them they completely agree) boring forum and its 2 or 3 new posts a day.

If thats how you like, good luck to ya. Some of us can take others having a different opinion and debate it without feeling the need to shut them down.

Laters
To be honest mate, I've pretty much stopped posting on this part of the Forum because of posters like you and I think a few others have stopped as well.
You believe that your posts hold more gravitas than anyone else's and if they disagree with your point it is THEY who are wrong. Have you ever thought that, perhaps, your style of posting is the problem?
I agree with little that Prawnking or Cyber post but they (usually) post in a less confrontational way and are happy to back their post up with some sort of evidence, without resorting to insults and ranting.

However, I'm not from Wolverhampton, or even Derby, so I guess my thoughts don't count and I SHOULD stay off the part of the Forum discussing the team I've supported for 49 years

Back