• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Watford 2 a full blooded contest verdict thread

Well I've just seen the Sako incident and Forestieri clattered Sako from behind, they both stood up and Sako puffed his chest out and Forestieri pushed Sako with both hands on Sako's chest while Sakos hands were at his side and then Forestieri threw himself to the ground clutching his face.
All the SSN pundits thought it was fakery with Jeff Stelling going 'oh thats a terrible over-reaction'.

Wolves must surely appeal the straight red card. What an absolute cheating arsehole Forestieri was and he should be totally ashamed of himself.

Really decent game today and I'm not too disappointed with a point, it really could have gone either way at the end, and we were up against a good side who always looked dangerous.

I'm disappointed with the goals we conceded - I'd like to see Kuszczak be a bit more dominant in our area, especially the 2nd equaliser.

But we're a good side too - you don't score goals like our first unless you're a decent footballing team, and I thought we looked very good going forwards.

The farce at the end was hard to see from the top of the North bank, and although it looked like he went down like he was floored by Mike Tyson, appealing Sako's red card is pointless. You don't raise your hands. The ref was a controlling prick who wanted to be the centre of attention - yet still lost control of the game in the end.

Overall, I'm pleased with our performance - I think we had the right approach and there were plenty of positive performances.

Negatives - I didn't understand bringing on Doyle rather than Dicko, and it was disappointing to concede 2 goals right through the middle.

We will probably struggle to make the top 6 but who knows - I won't be ranting/raving about a lack of quality/desire though, if we don't do it.

Just got back, 2 points chucked away really with 2 really poor goals conceded from balls up the middle between the centre halves.

I seriously doubt we'll get the red card rescinded as Sako appeared to raise his hands, Foristieri is a complete disgrace for his reaction. From my view he moved his hand to brush it off but then an invisible Gennady Golovkin must have smashed him with a right cross. Because he went down like a sack of potatoes.

Why Doyle came on instead of Dicko is a mystery to me, I also spent the last 5 minutes dodging the hail of spittle and bile coming from the guy behind me. I think he used every slang word imaginable for an Italian person.

Just got back to the car. The lad who fell over clutching his face when Sako gave him a push on his chest should be ashamed of himself - the cheating little prick. We'll appeal the red card but he'll end up missing three games because the rules are simple - "you don't raise your hands".

We should be disgusted to concede two goals right through the heart of our defence. Deeney was always going to be the obvious threat and allowing him in twice from long balls was, quite frankly, not good enough.

TK needs to learn how to kick.

VLP works his absolute socks off and doesn't deserve the criticism he gets. Most of the time he had two men on him.

Feel sorry for Dicko today. Spent at least 25 minutes of the second half warning up in front of us and then KJ brings on Kevin Doyle. Why? Regards Doyle he won one header and played a nice ball in to VLP which is when their lad fouled him for the second yellow.

Really disappointing to only get one point. The game was there to be won and in the end, we settled for a point.

They aren't actually a push to the chest is a yellow, the face is a red

I don't think I even saw Sako raise his arms at all. Looked like Forestyaireye intimated a headbutt to me, but I've not seen it since.

Just seen it. Foristieri pushes him!! Absolutely should be rescinded

Good game ruined by two of the worst officials ever seen at Molineux, the ref was at least 3 St overweight and the one linesman who was on the the halfway line when they scored their first a stone.
It's not too much to ask surely for the officials to maintain an element of fitness, I'm approaching 62 and still find keeping my weight at 10 and half St fairly easy.
Fucking disgrace!

Their first goal looked at least a yard offside but as the lino was so far behind play there was no way he could possibly have given it. Certainly my 1st instinct was to look to the line for a flag.

Forestieri you utter cunt!

Absolute disgrace. That is the most outrageous sending off you'll ever see.

This in bucket loads cheating scumbag, you can see Watford have the Italian influence throwing themselves on the floor as if a sniper has put a bullet in them, horrible bastards - if we don't go up then I hope and pray that Watford don't!

Apart from there cheating I thoroughly enjoyed today's game and thought we played quite well, I can only guess Dicko is still carrying a knock because there's no other explanation for him not coming on. Also thought the south bank were superb today really vocal throughout the game getting behind the lads.

Any ideas how much longer Ikeme is out for - TK really worries me with his kicking and his coming or not coming for crosses,will definitely be happier when the big mans back. Really needed all three points today but fortunately the way other results have gone means we are still in with a shout.

I've only watched it on Sky but it was quite close up and Sako had his arms at his side when the cheater pushed him and his arms only came up slightly as a reaction to keep his balance.
Sako did nothing to warrant a red card, or even a yellow IMO. Forestieri was a disgrace and should be punished for his cheating.

Tommy Rowe was on co comms today & from what was said both he & Ikeme are not that far away from a possible return if Kenny wants to pick them

Will give a bigger verdict later but the 2 goals we have given away were very poor. Officials once again were awful, i thought the ref had lost his cards it took him that long to book anyone. VLP very good for me but we didn't have the men in the box for him to deliver when he wanted to. We have to appeal the Sako red card, Forestieri is a cheating cunt. Also i have no idea why Doyle is coming on before any of Dicko, Edwards and even Jacobs.

Sako doesn't raise his hands. Just seen it.

It's disgraceful from Forestieri.

On the plus side if we don't eventually get up this season, Afobe will get 25 goals next season easily, he is so composed in front of goal. Wonderful through ball from KMac as well, easily as good as the one in midweek.

As I've said in my posts, it was shown on SS1.

Just seen it for the first time on a replay and it looks even worse than it looked at the game. It's not changed the game but what a cheating fuck, he should get the 3 game ban. How the referee has sent him off i really have no idea, Sako does nothing.

Sako doesn't raise his hands. Just seen it.

It's disgraceful from Forestieri.

Good, hopefully we'll have a chance when we appeal as losing Sako for 3 matches would be a big blow.

Good game to watch, and was very pleased with the way we went about business.
I think a draw was about right in the end.
The defending for both goals conceded was woeful especially the second, it was a simple hoof forward and stearmen and Bath were caught to square and muscled out by Deeney.
Brink Afobe is looking a real class act at times and it was very cool finish after another inch perfect pass from McDonald.
The frustrating thing was their second came at a time when we didn't look in any real danger.
The referee was appalling and clearly has no clue about how the game is played, he regulary got in the way or obstructed runs of players. I think the worse decision he made was on half time when pulled up RVLP for a shirt pull.
He lost complete control at the end of game.

Back