• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3 - 0 Huddersfield: Verdict Thread

FrankMunro-371

Reaction score
And so the hoodoo is over.

Off you go, and be kind to the referee...

Good what a difference a week makes. International break at the right time?

Since DW accused KMAC of shooting in carpet slippers he has curled in 2 in 3 games! He must read this forum

Second half was all Wolves, result never in doubt.

Iorfa was standout to me but honourable mentions to kmac, Batth and Henry.

Afobe looked a different player once he had a good shot saved, confidence rocketed and scored shortly afterwards.

Poor first half. Much better second half. Good chances created with Henry's header, Afobe's shot, ALF just being offside when he nodded round the keeper for an empty goal, and of course we should have had a penalty.

Martinez, McDonald, Price, Iorfa, Afobe all played really well in that second half.

MOTM for me was Kevin McDonald. Goal, assist and the key pass for Afobe's first. What a difference a new contract makes!

Shame there's the international break, but at least we go into it content and not looking to have to put things right like the last one.

Good to see Afobe back in the goals too. Still not happy with how deep he is playing at times though. As seen with his two goals if he busts a gut to get in the box and on the end of balls, he scores more often than not.

Back to back 3 goal victories. McDonald and. Afobe back in form.

What a difference a week makes.

Martinez, Iorfa and McDonald the stand outs for me - the latter rightly MOTM.

Second half was how we can and should be dominating the fodder at home in this league.

Great second half, some good saves from Martinez to keep us a clean sheet and some well taken chances for 3 goals. Should have been a penalty for me but he didn't give it so we move on and we won anyway so no harm done. Iorfa was great and gave us some good attacking options. KMac was very good controlling the game and giving some excellent passes, especially the one for Afobe's second. Henry had some bright patches too and good to see Afobe back scoring goals

Comfortable win never looked in doubt once the first went in.

That last goal from Afobe was Bullyesque.

Disgraceful decision from the referee not to give a pen when ALF went down and in all honesty, he (the ref) had a shocker of a game anyway - but let's not give him the attention.

KMac, Henry, Dominic, ALF & Batth were top draw today. Very happy with Martinez as well.

Shows how embarrassing that fans were calling for KJ's head a week or two ago. First half was turgid at times and still much to improve on, but this last week shows how quickly you can turn things around in this league.

Disgraceful decision from the referee not to give a pen when ALF went down and in all honesty, he (the ref) had a shocker of a game anyway - but let's not give him the attention.

KMac, Henry, Dominic, ALF & Batth were top draw today. Very happy with Martinez as well.

Shows how embarrassing that fans were calling for KJ's head a week or two ago. First half was turgid at times and still much to improve on, but this last week shows how quickly you can turn things around in this league.

Alternatively you could say it shows how much of a mess Jackett was making of things with the same players available and thus his position was rightly being called into question.

That second half was excellent, makes you wonder whether we would have had that fire if it weren't for McDonald's bit of quality in the first half! There was only the one bit of pressure Huddersfield put on us when we were 2-0 up during 2nd half but other than that they played really poorly - back-pass for the controversial incident, a moment where they seemed determined to give us back the ball and barely getting in our half at all! Not to take away from how Wolves played, that's how we should play! I'm glad KJ recognised he needed to start with Fulham's team, let's hope for no tinkering from that in the near future!

Only caught the second half but seemed we controlled the game well.

I didn't think it was a pen but hey there you go.

Alternatively you could say it shows how much of a mess Jackett was making of things with the same players available and thus his position was rightly being called into question.

I hate to agree with you but I do! KJ was rightly being questioned when he was making a right hash of things. As he has now sorted it the pressure is also rightly off him.

Excellent second half. Huddersfield were very very poor indeed and we put them to the sword. We could have had a couple more but I would always take a solid 3-0. MOTM for me was James Henry with McDonald, Iorfa and Price close behind. Nobody had a poor game. Really pleased with that so more of the same please lads.

round pegs , round holes= clean sheets and wins. Its not hard this is it!

great result built on very good all round performances, but why did Edwards need to come on. We were playing well, and obviously he couldn't take Price or Mac off, so removes ALF who was playing well anyway.

great result built on very good all round performances, but why did Edwards need to come on. We were playing well, and obviously he couldn't take Price or Mac off, so removes ALF who was playing well anyway.

Stability I would guess, Hudds were starting to fight back a little by that point. Pack up the midfield and make sure they don't get any chance to come back into the game

Great second half. Really enjoyed the control we showed after an iffy first half. More of that, please.

Almost a half each again for Ojo and Byrne. Who do you (anyone) prefer so far?

Back