• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-4 Man Utd: Verdict Thread

What's up with you now @Tredman ?

RAN literally had a knee strap on, no one who is 100% fit wears one of those, yet there are still plenty on the hindsight bus pissing and moaning that they can't understand why GON didn't start RAN. It's genuinely amazing to me.

People are so keen to moan about GON and/or Doc they can't see, or are making statements like "There was absolutely no reason to pick Doherty" when there absolutely, definitely was a reason, and it was wrapped around RAN's knee.

RAN literally had a knee strap on, no one who is 100% fit wears one of those, yet there are still plenty on the hindsight bus pissing and moaning that they can't understand why GON didn't start RAN. It's genuinely amazing to me.

People are so keen to moan about GON and/or Doc they can't see, or are making statements like "There was absolutely no reason to pick Doherty" when there absolutely, definitely was a reason, and it was wrapped around RAN's knee.
I think it's more the fact you've mentioned the strap in about 10 different posts. That and strap on is funny obvs.

Looked absolutely fine when he came on. And what about Bueno?
Bueno has looked worse than Doc whenever he's played anyway.

And Doc had decent games v Brighton and Albion, why would he bring a lacking match fitness Bueno in from the cold all of a sudden if RAN is struggling? Particularly after 7 games unbeaten and 2 consecutive clean sheets and a good assist from the very player everyone wanted dropped in the last game?

GoN got that horribly wrong last night for 60 minutes, he needs to own that rather than say we were good for large parts of the game because that's bollocks.

He'll learn and his in-game management need to improve.

Agree with @YoungWolf we were all over the place to start with. No pattern with the ball, defensively all over the place (seemed to be no plan at all) and persisting with this ridiculous Beale/ Lage tactic of trying to draw the opposition onto them whilst playing at zero tempo. Sitting Doyle too deep and Toti having a complete disaster didn't help the situation either as well as picking the wrong team as nearly everybody has pointed out.

It was as poor a 45 minutes as we've played and GoN going back to look at his iPad after 20 minutes is just fucking ridiculous. Just manage what's in front of you FFS. Cunha Very frustrated at what were evidently shit instructions, and this was all in the first 25 minutes.

I have no idea why he didn't change it at HT, that seemed insane to me and even now I still don't know what he was expecting.

The change in tactics as much as the subs made a huge difference. They were terrified of RAN, the dynamism of Gomes and actually having to pick up 4 instead of 3 forwards.

Things we knew already but for some inexplicable reason GoN refused to accept:

Doc is shit
Fraser can be effective
Sarabia is a good footballer when played in the right position
Kilman isn't very good
Doc is still shit
Bellegarde isn't a false 9
Counter attacking football without a 9 doesn't work
Zero tempo football is shit to watch and ineffective as a game plan
Sa is still a liability
Jeff Shi is a lying cunt
Doc is still fucking shit

Things we didn't know about this team:
Nothing

It was a very good game to watch if ultimately frustrating.

Last edited:
As @Tony Towner said Man Utd are crap if you’re comparing them to the Fergie era.
Reality is they’re a top 8 side so it’s still a difficult fixture
Since we returned to the PL in 2018 we’ve beaten City, Spurs, Arsenal & Chelsea more times than them. 4 straight home defeats to them now.
Just seen a replay of our penalty, I’d be fuming if it was given against us.
The game is lost in the first 30 minutes, had kept it at 0-0 or even 0-1 then we’d have more than likely got something out of it.
Why oh why doesn’t Kilman just bring Mainoo down before he gets in the box?

Man Utd haven’t performed like a top 8 side this season though. They’ve been more like a bottom half team. Even as bad as we were for an hour they were still there for the taking

it’s not hindsight. It’s a decade of history of Doc being utter shite.
This place definitely seems happier when we lose.

*happier is the wrong word, but the swings and criticisms are so huge from one win to one defeat.

Think I'll leave it for a while so a few of you can wipe your tears.

If the choice is Doc, a half fit Bueno or a half fit RAN its abundantly clear to everyone, apart from you, what the answer is..

If we really didn't want to play a proper LB a much better choice would be to put Toti at LB and play S Bueno. That fucking chancer can fuck off.

This place definitely seems happier when we lose.

*happier is the wrong word, but the swings and criticisms are so huge from one win to one defeat.

Think I'll leave it for a while so a few of you can wipe your tears.
Who has said they are happy when we lose?

Gaz said in his BBC interview that the players went off script too much in the first half, being too aggressive leaving massive spaces in behind. But second half they were back on track and we were in control of the game again.

You'd think he'd have been able to communicate that onto the pitch after 20 mins.

If the choice is Doc, a half fit Bueno or a half fit RAN its abundantly clear to everyone, apart from you, what the answer is..

If we really didn't want to play a proper LB a much better choice would be to put Toti at LB and play S Bueno. That fucking chancer can fuck off.
What happens if you start RAN against medical/physio advice and he gets injured for 2-3 weeks?

We won't know what was said regarding his availability but it's not always as black and white as we see it.

What happens if you start RAN against medical/physio advice and he gets injured for 2-3 weeks?

We won't know what was said regarding his availability but it's not always as black and white as we see it.
No we don’t know yet in EP’s mind it’s a fact. And I’d take a lacking match fitness Bueno over that lazy tub of fuck any day. Or Toti out there with the other Bueno coming into the back three. Doherty is not fit for purpose despite two decent games out of seventeen.

Gaz said in his BBC interview that the players went off script too much in the first half, being too aggressive leaving massive spaces in behind. But second half they were back on track and we were in control of the game again.

You'd think he'd have been able to communicate that onto the pitch after 20 mins.
I have no idea what he was watching. We were passive first half and he needs to accept he picked the wrong team as the reason there was loads of space is he picked Doc and played Doyle too deep.

The interview was far too Lage, blaming the players for not carrying out his instructions. He needs to reign that in or he'll lose his players very quickly.

Neto's goal was such a good watch and it's nice to score from a set piece but generally in open play it is so obvious we need a striker.

He wouldn't play if his knee was an issue.

No we don’t know yet in EP’s mind it’s a fact.
What he was wearing on his knee was a fact, the severity of that injury we don't know, he might have played with pain killers, the strapping could be to do with an another area too, but you boys all just carry on arguing against logic if it makes you feel better jumping up and down typing "Doc is shit"

Back