• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-4 Man Utd: Verdict Thread

Another thing to mention about last night. Notice how many Man Utd players ran and surrounded the referee when he gave Neto's penalty.

The ref - Jared Gillett. The same ref who booked and sent off Lemina for "running aggressively" towards him at Southampton in Feb last season.

Ref was just about ok last night but that booking still sticks in my craw.

Another thing to mention about last night. Notice how many Man Utd players ran and surrounded the referee when he gave Neto's penalty.

The ref - Jared Gillett. The same ref who booked and sent off Lemina for "running aggressively" towards him at Southampton in Feb last season.

Ref was just about ok last night but that booking still sticks in my craw.
Yep

Casemiro should have walked too

Onana did his thing of smashing a player when the ball has gone, this time Kilman when it was cleared off the line.

Fists dangerously flying through the air and hitting an opponent in the head without making contact with the ball.

How. Is. That. Not. A. Foul?

Now the annoyance has settled down a bit, their 4th goal is very good, he wriggles away from Gomes, Fraser and Kilman really well and then takes it superbly.

Onana did his thing of smashing a player when the ball has gone, this time Kilman when it was cleared off the line.

Fists dangerously flying through the air and hitting an opponent in the head without making contact with the ball.

How. Is. That. Not. A. Foul?
Kilman beats him to the ball, can't be giving a foul for that the keeper has a right to challenge for it. I'd be pissed off if they gave a penalty against Sa for the same thing.

Last edited:
Kilman beats him to the ball, can't be giving a foul for that the keeper has a right to challenge for it. I'd be pissed off if they have a penalty against Sa for the same thing.
He's punched him in the head, again.

It's not fair game to do what you want to a player just because they have played the ball, that makes no sense.

1000038153.jpg

Just an innocent question as I didn't SEE the game, If we'd have had a shit hot #9 playing would the score have been any different?
Were there any chances created, but missed for the lack of a good 9?
If we had a Haaland perhaps he'd have created something out of nothing but there was nothing put in a plate for our forward players.

A difficult game to assess. Genuinely the worst we've played all season for 70% of it and still could have come away with something (we wouldn't have deserved to).

Few covered themselves in glory, probably Lemina's worst game for us and Dawson wasn't great either, when two of your most reliable performers have an off day it doesn't augur well. Cunha was largely poor too and Kilman went back to his early season levels of being near goals but doing nothing. Of course though we sent out the wrong team, Bellegarde cannot play there, Doherty should not be playing any football at this level in 2024. Managers make errors and all you can hope is that he learns from it.

Great fighting spirit but not enough on the day.

You've been reading football long enough to know that a still photo is worthless.
Reading?

I know that the majority of football fans felt that David Luiz did nothing wrong when he smashed into Raul after Raul had won the ball too, it seems you were one of them?

I know that the majority of football fans felt that David Luiz did nothing wrong when he smashed into Raul after Raul had won the ball too.
Really, because I don't think that's true at all.

I'm ignoring your silly last line.

Of course this is just a distraction from your original point which I don't think was a foul and nobody around me did either.

By the way. Next time someone starts wanging on about how Clearly Inferior Player X "deserves" to play because we won last game/they did ok as if it's fucking school sports day, show them Doherty from last night.

It's puddled thinking and we lost in part because we did that.

By the way. Next time someone starts wanging on about how Clearly Inferior Player X "deserves" to play because we won last game/they did ok as if it's fucking school sports day, show them Doherty from last night.

It's puddled thinking and we lost in part because we did that.
I might have something to say about this :rolleyes:

Back