• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-4 Man Utd: Verdict Thread

Everyone in front of him had been chasing the ball like a pack of stray dogs before he got involved, he made a bad decision to dive in like that but a central midfield should get a chance to run at your centre half as easily as Mainoo did.
Bad decision to dive in compounded by a limp as fuck attempt to win the ball. It was such a weak effort.

Just an innocent question as I didn't SEE the game, If we'd have had a shit hot #9 playing would the score have been any different?
Were there any chances created, but missed for the lack of a good 9?
There were moments when we attacked and there was no-one playing on the shoulders of the defenders or busting a gut to get in the 6 yard box like a number 9 would. But we created plenty of chances and scored 3 goals. Attacking wasn't our problem today.

Just got back in and that was fucking freezing, horrible way to lose nevertheless it would’ve been a bit smash grab had we got anything.
Game was lost the moment we started with that line up, we looked slow and clunky.
For all the entertainment it was actually a low quality game.
All four goals we let in were horrid, sat right behind the 3rd goal and simply couldn’t believe it was that simple to concede.
The first just allowing Rashford an acre of space on the edge of the box combined with some suicidal decisions.
Doc by his stands was atrocious but he wasn’t the only one. Twice in the second half he gave the ball way needlessly and it resulted in a counter attack thankfully he was subbed soon after. JRB looks a bit lost in what he’s being asked to do at times.
Max with an ultimate Jekyll & Hyde performance.
Stop playing out from the back if you’re eventually just going to hook down the line anyway just causes so many problems.
If the side that finished the game started I think we’d be talking about at least a draw maybe more so that’s on GON.
I’m not going to have we were unlucky, concede 4 in that way and you’ve got no reasonable justification for picking up anything.
Endeavour, work rate and professionalism can’t be questioned just tonight our decisions at the back were baffling.
Man Utd weren’t great either numerous times we got in behind them out wide and Onana looks a bomb scare all the time.

I don't understand why he's gone away from playing Toti at LB when we're desperate, Santi has proven to be decent.

Doc played well and got an assist against Albion.

Tonight RAN had a knee strap on.
Doc played OK against Albion. We needed to play our best team with the players available in both games. We didnt in either game IMO. We got away with it against Albion. We didn't tonight.....

There were moments when we attacked and there was no-one playing on the shoulders of the defenders or busting a gut to get in the 6 yard box like a number 9 would. But we created plenty of chances and scored 3 goals. Attacking wasn't our problem today.
Attacking was definitely one of the problems in the first half, in fact up until Doherty fucked off. We had nobody in the middle at all in the first half and Neto and Cunha just didn’t know what to do as there was nobody to play into. They didn’t have to defend anything. A striker would have made a massive difference in the first half. Bellegarde was completely and utterly lost.

I thought we were terrible and deserved to lose by four or five clear goals.

Some of it on O'Neil, not starting Gomes and Ait-Nouri. Some of it on the players, who were all below average for an hour or so at least.

We even wasted a ridiculous refereeing decision going our way with the penalty.

Doc played OK against Albion. We needed to play our best team with the players available in both games. We didnt in either game IMO. We got away with it against Albion. We didn't tonight.....
Given RAN had just come back from Africa and had a knee strap on tonight I just don't think it was as simple as that for GON.

I'd have played RAN over Doc too, but given that knee, there is clearly far more to the RAN decision than we know, I think we all need to back off about that until we know more.

I don't understand why he's gone away from playing Toti at LB when we're desperate, Santi has proven to be decent.
Because Doc had decent games against Brighton and Albion, if RAN has a knock (he clearly does) why on earth would he suddenly bring Bueno out of the cold to drop Doc tonight?

Given RAN had just come back from Africa and had a knee strap on tonight I just don't think it was as simple as that for GON.

I'd have played RAN over Doc too, but given that knee, there is clearly far more to the RAN decision than we know, I think we all need to back off about that until we know more.
Eh. OK.

Strange to lose in such a way and not be more disappointed but we were so poor at both ends in the first half and defended poorly in the second half we didn’t deserve anything.

The build up to their winner was right in front of me and it was like watching an under 8s game with players just chasing the ball and as a result we made it easy for them.

Bellegarde rightly getting criticised but I thought in the second half he put himself about a lot more. He certainly should not be playing in that position again. He wasn’t aided by Cunha having a terrible game running into blind alleys and he couldn’t pass water tonight.

Neto was poor first half, great second. Doyle was neat and tidy most of the time but never really influenced the game, Doherty just watched the game go by without being neat and tidy. As said above if Bueno isn’t better than that just let him go in the summer.

Dawson had a nightmare 10 minutes in the first half but recovered well. Sa was awful on the third goal - completely overreacted to Hojlund standing in front of him and totally lost concentration. Amazing that was the first goal we’ve conceded from a corner this season.

On to Chelsea and hopefully we’ll turn up for the whole 90 minutes.

Shout out to the weather, that was colder than the Brentford 0-0 in 2013. I still haven’t warmed up.

It was tropical compared to the Brentford replay a couple of weeks ago

I agree it was cold but shouldn’t have been nothing will ever match Wigan on Boxing Day 2010 or Burton at home in 2018.

Back