• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 5 - Rotherham 0 the best result of the season (so far) Verdict thread

Those are just lovely goals. At last, a decent goal of the month comp!

I love the third. Superb pinpoint pass and then a shimmy to put the keeper out of the game. Lovely.

The first is my favourite. Outstanding pass by McDonald, the first touch by Afobe was just world class and a composed finish. He was always going to score.

If that had been Toure and Aguero you'd be seeing that goal for months.

I love the third. Superb pinpoint pass and then a shimmy to put the keeper out of the game. Lovely.

Same here, love the way he takes it around the keeper then just slots it in. 5 super goals, we really tore their defense to pieces with incisive through balls and cool finishes

First is my favourite for the all round quality, I love how Dicko turns Afobe's pass into a great opportunity for the second. The pass and cool as you like finish for the third were great and vlps little pass to Sako was good too. All in all - awesome.

Absolutely brilliant day out - as others have said, we didn't deserve to win by that sort of margin but fuck it - it's about time we gave someone a pummelling like that, and to see us so clinical in front of goal was brilliant. Some tremendous goals scored by a frontline who scared the shit out of the (admittedly dreadful) Rotherham back line.

Our overall performance IMO was 'quite good'. We weren't at our best, indeed the 3rd goal did kill the game but it was massively against the run of play. Kuszczak made some excellent stops - I was right behind the save from the header, I thought it was in all the way.

We definitely deserved to win, and although we weren't at our best, the fact I've had supreme bragging rights over the family this weekend has been extra sweet. It was preceded/followed by a rather hefty ale session as well. Though I'm never letting that group of mates dictate where we go ever again. McGhee's FFS......

What a place!

Only bar I know where you can have a piss whilst ordering your next pint

Said mate went to get a round of Vodkas (I said I didn't want one, he bought me one anyway....) barmaid refused to serve him. Unless he bought her one as well. Which he did. She then necked two of them. Slightly surreal as Baby Give It Up was playing at the same time with a bloke old enough to be my grandad absolutely belting it out on the 'dancefloor'.

That sounds ace tbf.

Not after leaving a particularly impressive ale pub under the impression that I was getting the train home.....

I'd have stayed with you guys if I'd have known we were going there! :icon_lol:

It's one of the grimmest places you will ever go. If the Apocalypse ever starts it will look like McGhee's on a saturday.

It couldn't look/be any worse than if it was a Mark McGhee themed bar.

It's NOT based on his life?

Not even he is that classless. They should turn it into an Adrian Chiles themed bar. It couldn't be any worse than it currently is.

I've only been there once and it was like stepping out of the real world - iirc they served bitter in cans? Really is a deeply odd place, makes the star wars bar look sophisticated.

I had a pint of Guinness. Purely because I didn't want anything I could see through, just in case there was something in it. I went for blind ignorance instead.

Is that the place round the back of The Posada?

Back