• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Enjoyed the game. Like the first team, far too ponderous when Watt is deep and easily pressed. Much better when Watt is further forward pulling the strings. He is clearly marked as the Neves replacement as he was dropping into the back four as Neves does. And the first team tactic of players vacating the middle was evident for large portions of the game. It didn't work, unsurprisingly as the ball was booted long.

Far better playing the ball through the middle and particularly when Shabani, Perry and Jordao were linking and moving around.

Perry was in a sort of inside forward role with Shabani playing as a forward off the main front man of Samuels.

Impressed with Shabani and Jordao. Both too good for this level. Thought Marques was very good, especially on the ball.

It looks like this stupid tactic of vacating the middle and booting it long is throughout the club. We need to pack this shit in, it's a fucking awful idea that doesn't work.

It is so odd isn’t it? Even if it did work at any point previously (I think when we had neves and Saiss together in the championship one would come wide to receive it - still not the same really) it has become so predictable and easy to defend.

And also - we have midfielders technically very capable of playing through the middle. There is no excuse for it and I hope Nuno steers away from what is a strange tactic IMO.

I only watched the last half an hour but I was impressed by a few players and have thought the U23s have looked decent in the games I have seen. Lacking a quality out and put forward I would say.

I do like the look of Jordao and agree with Johnny that him and Shabani look too good for the level, they need to be challenge more. Richards and Marques were the youngest of the players on the pitch I think, and both have a lot of potential, very exciting. I think Sanderson looks strong at this level too, probably be too much to play him in our first team at this point but who knows if he performs well and the centre backs don’t improve their performances

4-2 win in the Leasing.com Trophy...

Good diagonal pass for the fourth too.

Terrible defending for their first...or was it just a really good pass?

Anyway, BAS is looking good.

Really enjoyed the game last night. Carlisle started very physically and tried to bully us, but we soon settled and controlled the game with some neat passing. Watt was excellent in midfield, was very poised and showed a good range of passing. Benny Ashley-Seal was excellent all game, taking his goals well and earning his penalty. Tsun Dai was also very good and scored a great goal. A very entertaining game and thoroughly deserved win.

Team for tonight. Think Cranston used to be an U23 for us. Number 16 looks a wrong unIMG_20191001_194544.jpg

Half time score is 2-1 to us, goals from Watt on 23 and Samuels on 29, split by a Morecambe equaliser

Won on pens. Sondergaard saved their fifth to win it.

Blimey that seems a bit sudden. I wonder what the role is

Blimey that seems a bit sudden. I wonder what the role is

Its a bit odd as yesterday he was doing his job at Wolves and no indication he was offski but obviously this has been known for a while and his exit date agreed.

Best of luck to him. Did a decent job last season under a lot of pressure as well as Jeff demanded promotion.

Back