• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Wish for Next Year/Next Decade

Norman Deeley

Dean Saunders's Press Officer
Reaction score
Come on then, one wish for next year and the next decade. Bloody hell I will be old in ten years' time so the lads had best not hang about winning some big pots but...

Next Year: We qualify for Europe again

Next decade: And I know it's a long longshot, but that Nuno is our manager on 31/12/2029

My wish for the year is that if we don't win the EL, it's not this that stops us from being in the Europe next year

Decade is that in 2030 2017-21 won't be seen as a pleasant blip in our history

For 2020: Simply that we keep building on the best team I've ever seen us have. This is a hell of an opportunity, you don't want to top out here.

For the decade: No relegation or even relegation battles. I never want to go back to the Championship, ta.

To still be here at the end of the next decade!

A mainline English or European trophy win of some kind - really not fussed which one

Decade - 2030 - Its been 10 years since VAR was binned
Wolves - We keep building and progressing the way we are as we watch Wolves play in the Nuno Espirito Santo Stadium which has been built next door to the U23 Molineux Stadium...

Next year: win the Europa League (it's a wish list after all - I would be delighted with quarter finals right now!)
Decade: Genuine member of the established big boys. Regular silverware. Maybe a title challenge.

Win EL this year
Win one of the big uns within the decade i.e. Premiership or Champions League, with the start we have, the backing we have and personnel we already have, if we don't win one in the next 10 years we never will

If we keep improving on this trajectory I predict in ten years time there'll be teams high up in the Bundesliga and La Liga etc. who's fans will proclaim " we must try and afford player x, he must be good if he plays for Wolves"

I want us to keep making it into Europe year after year. That's the only way these calibre of players will stick around for the long haul.

Next year: Win Europa
Decade: Win CL a few times

I want us to keep making it into Europe year after year. That's the only way these calibre of players will stick around for the long haul.

Do you think so, Bear? Top half PL football is the biggest gig any of our squad have had in their lives. Getting into the CL would be a stepping stone to upgrading the squad, not just keeping it together, IMO.

Do you think so, Bear? Top half PL football is the biggest gig any of our squad have had in their lives. Getting into the CL would be a stepping stone to upgrading the squad, not just keeping it together, IMO.

Cough cough, Moutinho and Patricio cough cough...

I don't think players are immediately going to jump ship if we finish 8th this season and don't win a cup. The Europa League isn't that much of a gamechanger.

It's if you were spending multiple years not really even threatening to qualify that you'd have a problem.

Cough cough, Moutinho and Patricio cough cough...

Cough, cough, Primeira Liga and Ligue Un, cough cough.

Raul has played in the CL too, incidentally. Don't think he'd want his old job back, either. Neves loves Porto but he himself has said that all players dream of the Premier League.

Jota is the one I'd worry about. Without knowing the man it's impossible to know how he'd feel about it. Neves would get in Liverpool's midfield, but based on nothing really I think he'd give it another year.

Think we could get an obscene bid for Traore irrespective of the European situation. Which isn't something I would have believed a year ago

Top 8 finishes more often than not and win a trophy. EL this season seems the best time to start.

Think we could get an obscene bid for Traore irrespective of the European situation. Which isn't something I would have believed a year ago

We'd refuse it unless it was £75m plus. And even a United aren't going to bid more than £60m

I think we'd use Nicolas Pepe as a bit of a benchmark. He cost £72m and he's done what exactly so far...

I'm looking at this thread, and thinking back to 2009. OK, we'd been promoted, and we were bumbling along just above the relegation positions.

Would any of us have actually dared to wish for what we have right now?

Back