• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Working with Wolves: Sky Sports

A good chance to show the disgruntled staff at the club that James Fielden has been suggesting he has been told by about us behind the scenes...

can you translate that please?

James Fielden = weapons grade arse hat and simpleton presenter on obscure sports/ football games for 3rd party broadcasters. Apparently in the know with people at the club (Paul Lambert's buddies).

battle of the Tim's would make a good documentary

What I'd like to know from Sky Sports, is what criteria they use to select teams for their football coverage.

So far in the first two months there seems to be very little equanimity involved, as there are some teams that are not included at all, and some that are chosen several times.

They feel we are good enough to choose for a documentary, but not good enough to show our football team in action. It couldn't be anything to do with the fact we now have our own Wolves TV, could it?

Indeed. My mate said Villa are on something like four times in the first two months, whereas we haven't been selected at all. Which is odd since we have been splashing the cash.

They picked a chunk of that before we spent big

Plus Villa and Leeds are always on LOADS as they give audience figures.

If we start well, then I am sure we will suddenly get live games.

It couldn't be anything to do with the fact we now have our own Wolves TV, could it?

Won't be anything to do with that, everyone has a version of the same thing.

They don't always show a lot of logic. We were rubbish in 2015/16 and not even an entertaining kind of rubbish, nowhere near challenging for promotion, didn't stop them putting us on three times in December and again on New Year's Day.

They also always have their favourite teams, every time we got in the pub at lunchtime in 2013/14 it seemed that QPR were the live game.

Sheff. Wed at home three times in September?

A good chance to show the disgruntled staff at the club that James Fielden has been suggesting he has been told by about us behind the scenes...

James Fielden = weapons grade arse hat and simpleton presenter on obscure sports/ football games for 3rd party broadcasters. Apparently in the know with people at the club (Paul Lambert's buddies).

Still struggling to work out what YW meant though?!?!? :icon_lol:

Sheff. Wed at home three times in September?
Against Forest, Sheff Utd and Leeds (Oct 1st), they will all be games with decent viewing figures which when they select games before the season starts is by and large what they'll go for.

If you look at our matches in the first 6 weeks or so we would be likely contenders for Boro which probably be selected now, but not a month ago, Derby are on the week before we go there so they aren't going to be on the first 2 weeks of the season and Forest are on the week before and after we go there.

If we end up where we want to be league wise by January we'll be moaning about our games being on at inconvenient times.

Still struggling to work out what YW meant though?!?!? :icon_lol:

Yeah sorry - I'm still trying to work it out myself :icon_lol: awfully worded post!

What Johnny said basically. Fielden kept going on about people behind the scenes not being happy. I was being sarcastic about it being an opportunity for him to be proved right

Back