• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

100 mile ride in support of Ikeme

Added a few £ to the total

Cheers Kenny, much appreciated!

In slightly related news, got a 72 mile ride on Saturday around Wolves, Staffs, Ironbridge etc to keep the legs pumping. I shall report back with how I get on!

darth-vader-impressive-most-impressive.jpg

Is that an organised ride mate or just a route you've made up?

It's an orgnaised one. Done through Wolverhampton Racing Cycling Club.

I'm not allowed to go off for that long unless it's an official organised event! This one is significant because I'll be riding with one of my Velo partners for the first time.

Should have posted yesterday evening, but got, ahem, distracted.
Payday is the end of next week, and I'll be chipping in too machin.

Nice one, cheers Warren!

Welcome mate. Feel free to pm me a reminder if nothing is there by the 31st, as I'm a forgetful sort :)

Up to £365 now! Thanks again to everyone who has donated. It's blown me away, to be honest!

Got my fuel sorted, anyways :D

sLn5YOr4u5nvrsDtAof1lKN8qCZdKi8yNKjh2JwbkG8Y-TaLDxDAW7Jz4vaMAvIylsv2RH8-OrbDLb4l4chro8j2CdNTzhP0VIJtquzdmzm1cZiLnx8gVj9fQrLTJOY-S5b-HnZiLSk=w841-h630-no

Peanut butter and honey sandwiches would be my suggestion and plenty of jelly babies.

Can't really shove sandwiches in my jersey pockets :icon_lol:

Yeah, I think there's about 4 stops.

72 mile Wolves Sportive done.

Broke 40mph for the first time, although overcooked myself trying to keep up with the lead group and eventually got dropped after 50 miles. Good route though, with all the climbing loaded into the final half, which was a new kind of challenge for me. Lesson learnt in pacing across the full distance, me thinks.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1097567489

99166b5f261ef3b1a9007d9301651bb1.jpg

Excellent work Will

I don't want to demean your thread Will, as I haven't ridden a bike for decades, but how come cyclists, as well as joggers, are never seen smiling ??

Is it that much fun ?? :)

The struggle is real man. Smiling expends unnecessary energy!

I don't want to demean your thread Will, as I haven't ridden a bike for decades, but how come cyclists, as well as joggers, are never seen smiling ??

Is it that much fun ?? :)
It's the Lycra clad cyclists that never smile,cycle tourers smile a lot,and stop for a chat or a brew,the amount of MAMIL(middle aged men in Lycra) that always have a shoe/pedal/garmin/water bottle "problem" that causes them to look down when they come towards me on my loaded touring bike well you wouldn't believe
Not having a go Machin,just pointing it out,100 miles is nothing to be sniffed at

It's the Lycra clad cyclists that never smile,cycle tourers smile a lot,and stop for a chat or a brew,the amount of MAMIL(middle aged men in Lycra) that always have a shoe/pedal/garmin/water bottle "problem" that causes them to look down when they come towards me on my loaded touring bike well you wouldn't believe
Not having a go Machin,just pointing it out,100 miles is nothing to be sniffed at

I'm not quite middle-aged :icon_wink:

Back