• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Afobe - Better than Harry Kane. FACKT

Different level though. Did many care when Bully scored 50 plus in successive seasons?

Bully scoring 50 is slighty irrelevant here.

27 goals before Easter in the second and third tiers is pretty damn impressive for your first full season, whichever way you look at it.

It will be interesting to see how much improvement is in both over the next two years. How would Kane become a top International striker, maybe two seasons abroad working on his technical ability.

Indeed!

Afobe has a lot of potential, he might be further in his development had he not had a serious injury but he has a great chance to develop here and become a top level forward. He has a bit of everything as far as I can see

Indeed!

Afobe has a lot of potential, he might be further in his development had he not had a serious injury but he has a great chance to develop here and become a top level forward. He has a bit of everything as far as I can see

I think that's fair, he's Harry Kane-lite for me at the moment. No reason he can't do as well though.

From what I've seen he could, over the next couple of years, become one of the top English strikers. Pace, technique and, most importantly, a calm, unflappable attitude in front of goal. It's a joy to see him in an old gold shirt. Well done to all concerned with making this brilliant signing happen.

Benik looks better at this level than Kane ever did...

Maybe I'm showing my relatively low football IQ again but what does Kane really bring to the table but scoring? Can't say he really stands out to me when I watch Spurs. Not that he really has to, but still, for the plaudits he earns you'd think he was running each game by himself.

His overall play has drastically improved. I love how direct he is with the ball, hes too strong and quick for defenders at the moment

Complete striker. Walcott could be a second quicker than you if you go shoulder to shoulder he's fucked.

Compare that to a striker who will beat you shoulder to shoulder but also beat you for straight pace. Unmanageable .

Last edited:
Maybe I'm showing my relatively low football IQ again but what does Kane really bring to the table but scoring? Can't say he really stands out to me when I watch Spurs. Not that he really has to, but still, for the plaudits he earns you'd think he was running each game by himself.

Goalscorers always get the plaudits, and rightly so.

I think the OP was posting with tongue firmly in cheek?

To make a serious comparison between the 2 strikers would be ridiculous at the present time.

Cauley Woodrow replaces Berahino in the U21's. Strange one, Benik is so much better than him.

Bamford and Wilson have also pulled out.

BBC going on about Kane again having bagged 30 goals for Spurs. Afobe is on 31 now?

Up for Championship Player of the Month

Back