• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (A) 30/10 Build up and match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always start to read your blog posts, and I always give up after a couple of paras. It's a shame, as you clearly put a lot of effort into them, but I'm buggered if I can make any progress with them. Any chance you'll ever write anything slightly more mainstream?
More accessible, you mean? Probably not, to be honest. :D An adventure story per away game is what I set out to do, and that won't change.

Please keep clicking, though; I may catch you one day! :fished:

More accessible, you mean? Probably not, to be honest. :D An adventure story per away game is what I set out to do, and that won't change.

Please keep clicking, though; I may catch you one day! :fished:

I hope so, as you clearly have some talent, and it's obvious how much work you put into them. I'd write a steam punk fantasy novel if I were you...

From the papers today -

Wolves are set to make up to 10 changes for Wednesday's derby at Aston Villa and bring in their youngesters

I suppose it makes sense for Nuno. Send the kids out, knowing that if they lose, he can say "I am prioritising the league game v Arsenal and the Europa League" - but he also knows that the kids will be hungry and will want to prove themselves capable, so should put a good performance in either way, regardless of whether it's enough to win or not. Win win for Nuno.

Likely outcome: we lose tonight and Villa get bragging rights for a couple of weeks, until we turn them over in the league on 10/11.

The 10 changes won't all be from the U23 team though will they

Ruddy, Kilman, Jesus, MGW, Neto, Cutrone & Vinagre all likely to play and they are 1st teamers. so it will in reality be a couple of players from the Under groups such as Sanderson, BAS & Jordao (and he might have been bumped up earlier if it wasn't for his injury v Reading)

Also, Villa will make a fair amount of changes. Just depends if he wants to risk Grealish and McGinn as they have Liverpool this weekend too.

Worst case scenario in terms of fixture pile-up is a victory followed by being drawn against Liverpool. They are playing in Qatar on the date of the quarter finals, and with the Christmas schedule being rammed plus the FA Cup 3rd round and the break it is going to be really difficult to fit that tie in.

The 10 changes won't all be from the U23 team though will they

Ruddy, Kilman, Jesus, MGW, Neto, Cutrone & Vinagre all likely to play and they are 1st teamers. so it will in reality be a couple of players from the Under groups such as Sanderson, BAS & Jordao (and he might have been bumped up earlier if it wasn't for his injury v Reading)

I’d like to see Elliot Watt given a chance, especially as 2 of our midfielders look like being used in defence for a short time

Apparently chem Campbell is in the team tonight... Youngest since keano?

MGW younger than both v Stoke wasn’t he?

I don't think we'll have to worry about the next round draw

Wish I could see it. BBC website might as well only have two games taking place tonight.

2 in centre mid against their experienced 3

I guess we'll be 541 rather than 523 though

Our bench tells you everything you need to know on where Nuno prioritises this. Villa are also a reserve team, just theirs is more experienced

What’s the average age of that 11 and squad. Bennett and Ruddg only one in 11 over 22 I think

Disappointing really. I don’t think it had to be that weak, with so few options off the bench.

Wish I could see it. BBC website might as well only have two games taking place tonight.
Here you go
29c4cd63e6d2a2aaa4fe849ba2c2083a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back