• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Barnsley (A) Build Up Thread

Siggy

Reaction score
Not quite Anfield but I have a ticket and I can't wait.

I think Batth and Price will be recalled but it will be interesting to see who starts given the graft each player put in on Saturday.

I wonder if Ronan will start on the left not sure how fit Weimann is having not featured much for Derby.

Anyone making the trip?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I don't see how recalling Baath can be justified. Our defence looks much better without him

I don't see how recalling Baath can be justified. Our defence looks much better without him
I couldn't agree more but I would bet money it will happen. Big call for Lambert.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Would love for Bodvarsson or Dicko to score tomorrow after the effort they've put in recently.

A team I would like to see us beat. They made us look mugs at our place and I want to see hoiw much progress Lambert has made with this lot

Mowatt hoping to start after his move from Leeds - hope not, can still remember the goal he scored against us in an epic 4 - 3 win (with Dangerous getting a last minute winner)

My guess is the Norwich team except for Coady and Weimann for Iorfa and Cav

Burgoyne

Coady - Batth - Stears - Doherty

Price - Edwards

Costa - Mason - Weimann

Dicko

I think it will be that. Maybe Costa will get a rest though as he's started every game in recent weeks.

Would prefer Bod up top as think that he gives us more opportunities

Burgoyne

Coady - Batth - Stears - Doherty

Price - Edwards

Costa - Mason - Weimann

Dicko

I think it will be that. Maybe Costa will get a rest though as he's started every game in recent weeks.

Sadly I think you'll be right, I'd rather see Ronan instead of Mason. Oddly enough I'd rather see Saville instead of Edwards too but I think he'll be shattered (and I never thought I'd write that).

Would prefer Bod up top as think that he gives us more opportunities
I would too at the minute. I think he's earned another chance starting for a few games. Lambert clearly likes Dicko's pace to stretch defences given our counter-attacking style though.

Sadly I think you'll be right, I'd rather see Ronan instead of Mason. Oddly enough I'd rather see Saville instead of Edwards too but I think he'll be shattered (and I never thought I'd write that).
There could be any number of those rested because they were knackered. Edwards is the sort that will just put new batteries in though and keep running and running.

There could be any number of those rested because they were knackered. Edwards is the sort that will just put new batteries in though and keep running and running.

Well he is the original Duracell bunny - with about as much football skills, but does the job he is asked to do

I'm heading up for this one with Aiki & his brother.

Not sure what time I will be there yet but driving so will have to be good and no alcohol! Not that I'm sure there is much around Oakwell anyway!

If you haven't drank in a shit Powerleague leisure centre near Oakwell then you haven't lived.

The Springbok outside the away end at Loftus Road is quite possibly the worst licenced premises I have ever been in. And I include an exceptionally dodgy strip club in Vauxhall on that list

It would be all change for me tonight. Front four of Ronan - Bright - Weimann - Bod with Costa given a rest. And massive call for Lambert re Batth: two away games against Premier League teams without DB, one goal conceded.

It would be all change for me tonight. Front four of Ronan - Bright - Weimann - Bod with Costa given a rest. And massive call for Lambert re Batth: two away games against Premier League teams without DB, one goal conceded.

Not as a big a call as some think is it. Either side of the Stoke game, 2 clean sheets with him playing and then followed by a game where 1 was conceded before being cheated out of the game that led to a Penalty and goal being scored when our left back was in goal (and we were playing some mad 3-3-3 formation).

Batth will be back in tonight and replace Hause in my opinion.

Back