• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Will keep that in mind, I've yet to sample that brewery yet.

Thoughts on Northern Monk's Origin IPA?

I'm not overly impressed with Salt'a stuff tbh.
Tried "The Leafer" a collab with Bad Co yesterday (didn't realise it was a Bad Co collab when picking it up...).

It wasn't one I'd recommend tbh, it was a really average NEIPA.

I also had "Buddleia, butterflies, rust and messages" 6.5% IPA by Verdant, which was lush. Full of stone fruit flavours, thick and juicy!

Tried "The Leafer" a collab with Bad Co yesterday (didn't realise it was a Bad Co collab when picking it up...).

It wasn't one I'd recommend tbh, it was a really average NEIPA.

I also had "Buddleia, butterflies, rust and messages" 6.5% IPA by Verdant, which was lush. Full of stone fruit flavours, thick and juicy!

Buddleia, etc. is superb.

Wednesday and day out with the wife meaning I get to sip a Fierce Beer and Amundsen Brewery collab called "Stardust Galaxies" 6% NEIPA, very fruity with loads of hops at the start. Finish a little weak but a good beer nonetheless.

Wednesday and day out with the wife meaning I get to sip a Fierce Beer and Amundsen Brewery collab called "Stardust Galaxies" 6% NEIPA, very fruity with loads of hops at the start. Finish a little weak but a good beer nonetheless.

Very fruity at the start, but a weak finish?

I bet the wife says the same about you.

December's Beer52 theme is Scotland. From the light box:

Crossborders - Hop Series Pale
Six Degrees North - ETAP DDH Pale
Fallen - Wanganui - NZ Pale Ale
Fallen - Platform C IPA
71 Brewing - Apres Apricot
Six Degrees North - Onmium SIPA
Atlas - Wayfarer IPA
Windswept - American IPA

December's Beer52 theme is Scotland. From the light box:

Crossborders - Hop Series Pale
Six Degrees North - ETAP DDH Pale
Fallen - Wanganui - NZ Pale Ale
Fallen - Platform C IPA
71 Brewing - Apres Apricot
Six Degrees North - Onmium SIPA
Atlas - Wayfarer IPA
Windswept - American IPA
Fallen and Six degrees are really good. The others less so.

Excellent :) Was looking forward to the session IPA anyway and it's good to hear about the others. Should probably consider getting some Xmas beer in now...

Got some specials on order to have over Christmas and New Year:

Verdant - Allen DIPA 8.0%
Verdant - Marylou New England Pale Ale 5.2%
Polly's Brew Co - Midas West Coast IPA 6.6%
Siren - In the Belly of a Shark Black IPA 6.2%
Buxton - Lupulus X Citra IPA 5.4%
Left Handed Giant x Other Half - Use No Hook Imperial Stout 9.5%
Northern Monk - Festive Faith Australian Pale Ale 5.4%
Siren - Barrel Aged Caribbean Chocolate Cake Imperial Stout 9.4%
The Garden Brewery - Vanilla Chocolate Porter 6.7%
Double Barrelled - As Charming As You Are DDH Galaxy IPA 6.7%
Buxton - Axe Edge IPA 6.8%

Despite having lived only a 5 minute walk away from the Pie Factory for the past 9 and a half years, I went for only the 2nd time ever after work on Friday. I thought the beer in there was really good, especially the Sledgehammer. I think I'll have to start going more often!

The kids have just gone to bed and I am currently enjoying a Hiver honey beer while Operation Christmas Presents begins (which pretty much means my wife sorts it all out while I sit on my arse).

Despite having lived only a 5 minute walk away from the Pie Factory for the past 9 and a half years, I went for only the 2nd time ever after work on Friday. I thought the beer in there was really good, especially the Sledgehammer. I think I'll have to start going more often!

The kids have just gone to bed and I am currently enjoying a Hiver honey beer while Operation Christmas Presents begins (which pretty much means my wife sorts it all out while I sit on my arse).

Delegation & direction is always helpful :hmmm:

Went in one of our local offy's yesterday, hadn't been in there for ages, found they stock a small stock of ales, had a Woods Shropshire Lass last night, just about to open a Bathams

Fucking amazing!
d8c6a074561734d8ce2e1d76dba5e5a5.jpg

Still got a bottle of that in my cupboard :)

Back