• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Right, after a bit of advice...
My wife wants a night away soon a a mini-babymoon type thing. She has said as long as it has decent beer for me and coffee for her she is happy!
Any recommendations of any decent city/towns with a decent brewery taproom? Ideally not more than a couple of hours from Worcestershire/West Midlands.

We've done Bristol a few times and Buxton was great too, so something along those lines.
I considered Bath, shame Electric Bear don't have a place in the centre!

Nottingham isn't a bad shout - Neon Raptor taproom & Blend Coffee within walking distance of each other in Sneinton Market (with Fox & Grapes pub too)

Plenty of other decent pubs/coffee places within 5/10 minutes walk also.

Weirdly, a lot of good breweries in the Reading area at the moment. Siren, Elusive, Double Barreled and Wild Weather.

Take a look at this Google Map I created. I have a plan of doing a bit of a brewery cycle tour weekend this year so trying to gather as many tap room locations as possible.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1C5_vVdbNCJDv7qek-xBF019PXAQcd6Jh&usp=sharing

Only problem with that is you have to spend a night in Reading...not wrong about the breweries though!

Weirdly, a lot of good breweries in the Reading area at the moment. Siren, Elusive, Double Barreled and Wild Weather.

Take a look at this Google Map I created. I have a plan of doing a bit of a brewery cycle tour weekend this year so trying to gather as many tap room locations as possible.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1C5_vVdbNCJDv7qek-xBF019PXAQcd6Jh&usp=sharing

Awesome piece of work, that is class!

Nottingham isn't a bad shout - Neon Raptor taproom & Blend Coffee within walking distance of each other in Sneinton Market (with Fox & Grapes pub too)

Plenty of other decent pubs/coffee places within 5/10 minutes walk also.

Nottingham isn't a bad shout, haven't been there for a while...

Cheltenham is also a possibility but Deya is a little far out.
I think I was spoiled by Buxton Brewery's Taphouse! Incidentally I also still have a bottle of Yellow Belly Final Batch which I picked up when I went there earlier in the year...

There's an ace bottleshop/tap room in Cheltenham called Favourite Beers as well as Deya.

Shame Wild Beer is no more in Cheltenham. Deya is walkable from the train station I believe.

Big cans = very good.
d83b61ecf0458e463c52d0d81b7070dc.jpg

Is/was that Stormtrooper pale ale any good, or does it just hang around entry level? They don't seem to sell it by me.

Latest Beer52 box had a New Zealand theme:

New Zealand theme was this box:

Yeastie Boys - Digital IPA
Yeastie Boys - Classic Hit Extra Pale
8 Wired - Fancy Wiring Hazy IPA
8 Wired - Tropidelic NZ Juicy Pale
Deep Creek Brewing Co - Undercurrent Pilsner
Deep Creek Brewing Co - Lotus Pale
8 Wired - Semi Conductor SIPA
North End Brewery - NZ IPA

In other news, a local brewery (Bragdy Twt Lol) took severe flood damage from the storms we've just had (record high water levels, etc) and they are having to crowdfund to get back on their feet. https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/twtlol

It's looking like it will take them at least two months to get going again which is a big shame, they make some tasty brews :(

My dad is going to the Holdens brewery later for emergency supplies.

No doubt people will moan at him when they see the back of his car totally filled up with bottles of Golden Glow, but that's what he does once every few months when he's running out - it's not a one off panic spend.

He said he'll get me a couple of packs. Bless him.

My dad is going to the Holdens brewery later for emergency supplies.

No doubt people will moan at him when they see the back of his car totally filled up with bottles of Golden Glow, but that's what he does once every few months when he's running out - it's not a one off panic spend.

He said he'll get me a couple of packs. Bless him.

Is there a shortage of Golden Glow? Don't have a problem and I doubt if anyone else would. Holdens and other independent breweries will struggle if pubs aren't ordering so in my eyes your dad is helping them.

Is there a shortage of Golden Glow? Don't have a problem and I doubt if anyone else would. Holdens and other independent breweries will struggle if pubs aren't ordering so in my eyes your dad is helping them.

No, but if my mum is labelled 'at risk' when her current round of medication ends early next week, they'll be housebound for 12 weeks!

It'll send them both stir crazy.

Back