• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Just drinking a 'Big Eddy' and going down nicely .

( Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company )

Enjoyed a pint of Moorhouse's Blond Witch last night.

Off to Joules brewery tour on Thursday. Should be interesting.

In a pub in Hull - £3.00 a pint! Going to get some to take home.

Ask if you can take a Firkin. 72 pints so £216. A bargain as long as you can roll it all the way home.

I'm off to the Duke William in Stourbridge tonight. Any recommendations on what to have in there from anyone whose been in there?

I'd normally order golden glow if that's on, so something along those lines.

I'm off to the Duke William in Stourbridge tonight. Any recommendations on what to have in there from anyone whose been in there?

I'd normally order golden glow if that's on, so something along those lines.

They don't do Holdens - it's the Craddocks Brewery tap house. The best of the Craddocks range is probably Saxon Gold. Dave Craddock (the brewer) is also one half of the 'Two Thirsty Brewers' brewery and they usually have a couple of their beers on. Try the Pacific Pale if it's on. They're a very friendly bunch so if you ask them for a sample, they'll oblige.

They sometimes have guest ales on too - they had Dark Star APA in there once.

Excellent, thanks for the tips.

In addition - if you want any of the better known local beers, all of them can be found within walking distance of the Duke:

Bathams - The Royal Exchange (a 5 minute walk up Enville Street)
Enville - The Waggon and Horses (a 5/10 minute walk up Worcester Street - sometimes has Holdens on as a guest ale)
Holdens - The Shrubbery Cottage (a 10/15 minute walk up Hagley Road and down Heath Lane)

I think I'd rate the Duke as the better pub, but the above pubs (IMO) serve better beer. Though all are excellent and all serve top ales.

I've been in all of those (and gone with the ales you listed, Bathams, Enville & Holdens) but last time in the Duke there were so many beers (none of which I knew). Because it was busy I just ordered the same lager as the other lads I was with.

I did demolish a complimentary pork pie though!

I've been in all of those (and gone with the ales you listed, Bathams, Enville & Holdens) but last time in the Duke there were so many beers (none of which I knew). Because it was busy I just ordered the same lager as the other lads I was with.

I did demolish a complimentary pork pie though!

Ah gotcha - it should be nice and quiet tonight - although I think it's quiz night in the back room on a Wednesday. The ales are constantly changing there so you might strike it lucky and get a gem on as a guest ale! The gaffer, Jason, is a top bloke.

I love it in there.

Excellent beer festival in St Helier. Elland Ellium, Brewsmith Bitter, Big Shed Engineers Best, Liberation Ale and EPA, Mr Grundy's Olive Branch among those sampled. I also downed a Ginger Tosser too.

Joules's Slumbering Monk, Calcutta and Pale Ale were all excellent last night. Joules have also launched a lager recently called Green Monkey and it's bloody lovely, very german in taste.

Back