• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Birmingham City (A) build up 31/10

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
Early kick off, on Sky. Will be a very poor attendance from Wolves. I've got a ticket, can't wait...

A win here would do wonders for morale but if we lose I could see it turning in the Wolves end. The two clubs are night and day atm, I'd probably only have Caddis & Kuszczak from Blues in our current line up but Rowett has Blues playing as a cohesive unit and the team in the end is greater than the sum of its parts. KJ still hasn't found his best XI, the team doesn't have one clear way of playing and the way we fell apart after Boro's equaliser was extremely worrying. The result was never in doubt as soon as Fabbrini's speculative effort trickled into the net.

Martinez

Doherty Iorfa Batth Golbourne

Price McDonald

Henry Edwards Byrne

Afobe​

That's what I'd go with. Coady will probably play though, maybe even at centre back. I wasn't impressed with Byrne yesterday but we need to start giving players a run of games, all this chopping and changing can't be good for them. Take Rajiv for example, he was close to being sold, not on the bench, suddenly back in the first XI, hooked at half time, out of favour again, now back in contention... I don't think you can blame ANY footballer for underperforming in those circumstances. Henry has been our best performer this season, don't fookin drop him KJ after 1 or 2 dodgy games, what kind of message does that send out?

If Edwards is fit he plays, which is a damning indictment of our transfer policy tbh but we need his energy and pressing more than ever. Price back in because, Jack Price. I'm increasing unconvinced by Conor Coady, he's too rash.

Doherty/Golbourne vs Gray/Maghoma... Worrying, very worrying. We know that Donaldson can get the better of Batth, he's done it before, whoever steps up after Hause's injury must play well and share some of the load.

Joy.

I think we will have signed a centre half by this point so Iorfa at right back for me.

Horrible game to have now, and while I think KJ is in a strong position job security wise I do feel he is losing the fans.

Lycans team for me (unless we get a CB in). Npt ashamed to say I'm an Edwards fan and happy to take the flack, but it seems to me over the last few seasons we play better with him at number 10, I'm not saying he's David Silva but he's the best we have for that position, likewise Henry has to play, our best wide player by a mile. While I think McDonald is way over-rated and only turns up 1 game out of 3 and Price is still not the finished article, they are currently our best option at CM. I'd stick with Byrne, not impressed too much so far but probably better than VLP/Ojo/Wallace, so needs a couple of games to see if he can make it.
Something that surprises me is Graham can't get in the squad, if he's not already better than the other wide options we have, then he probably won't ever be.

1419 sold allocation 2800 just gone on general sale..

I wouldn't expect that total to top 2000, both sets of fans don't particularly like each other but it's a game both sets have a lot of apathy towards attending.

Blues have always sold out at Molineux when I've been there. I think it's really poor tbh.

both sets of fans don't particularly like each other

After living with a Brummie for 30 years, these meet ups are always a must must WIN situation for me. Nothing less will ever do.

Even though he doesn't care about football?

Yes, even though he doesn't care much for football. It's the comments after.

Mr Penguin ' Well, did you win? '

PPB 'No, we lost '

Mr Penguin ' You should record that and just play it back every week'

Or

PPB ' Wolves lost today '

Mr Penguin ' And your point is ? '

So, a win would be nice.

Yes, even though he doesn't care much for football. It's the comments after.

PPB 'No, we lost '

Mr Penguin ' You should record that and just play it back every week'

Or

PPB ' Wolves lost today '

So, a win would be nice.

How is it any different from:

PPB 'Yes, we won! '

Mr Penguin ' What's for dinner, love?'

Or

PPB ' Wolves won today! '

Because it gives me a little satisfaction. Albeit granted, a very small bit of satisfaction.

After living with a Brummie for 30 years, these meet ups are always a must must WIN situation for me. Nothing less will ever do.

i'm out with a couple of blues fans sat evening. at least mr penguin isn't a footie fan. i'll be having to put up with a pile of crap if we lose so lads please do a darren roberts for me.

i'm out with a couple of blues fans sat evening. at least mr penguin isn't a footie fan. i'll be having to put up with a pile of crap if we lose so lads please do a darren roberts for me.

Win or lose, just get them drunk, nothing funnier than a pissed up Brummie. :)

We are playing Birmingham City, not Barcelona. Can some-one please give me one good reason why Wolves cannot win at St Andrews.

Manager who's getting the best out of the resources at his disposal?

They're a well drilled team with solidly defined game plans and a string of very good results behind them. At the moment we are none of those things.

We are playing Birmingham City, not Barcelona. Can some-one please give me one good reason why Wolves cannot win at St Andrews.

Frank I love your optimism and hope that we win but all the bookies are against us and so is the form guide. Additionally Brum are playing well as a unit. We arent even playing well as individuals. It would be a shock to win this one

Back