• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bournemouth 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Doherty's air shot. :icon_lol:

Christ, that first goal is such a weak one to concede. Also pretty sure we conceded a couple just like it at other times during the season...

That first Bournemouth goal is awful, the ball just trickles into the box and Batth doesn't react at all.

Was expecting something a bit more spectacular for the McDonald assist after the way everyone was going on about it here last night, looked a pretty standard pass to me.

At full speed, watching live it was magnificent. We had kept the ball quite well for a short spell before it too.

Why is it the best we can hope for, against a decent side who we beat away in December? Before we had Afobe and had just come out of a pretty shocking run of form? Or weren't they one of the sides who have any 'nous'?

We played them in December LAST year mate. My advice? Read for comprehension.

Was expecting something a bit more spectacular for the McDonald assist after the way everyone was going on about it here last night, looked a pretty standard pass to me.
I have to admit, I thought similar when I saw it. But, watching it again, I like how he loses his man and then picks out Afobe in a split second.

We played them in December LAST year mate. My advice? Read for comprehension.

What on earth are you on about? It was a good win against a side above us in the table on the back of a very poor run of results. If you're going to troll with your usual gibberish, at least try and make a point, rather than just wasting bandwidth.

What, as in 68 days ago? What a strange point to make.

Well. my point was that we have only played 2 decent teams this year (2015) and lost both matches. So bringing up a match that was played in December was somewhat irrelevant really?

Well. my point was that we have only played 2 decent teams this year (2015) and lost both matches. So bringing up a match that was played in December was somewhat irrelevant really?

Why are you stopping at 2015? Seems a bit odd. Can I say that we've won 4 of the last 5 games, scoring 10 and conceding 2 in the process? 3 points in the bag in that case. Two of those teams were in the Premier League last season as well.

I have to admit, I thought similar when I saw it. But, watching it again, I like how he loses his man and then picks out Afobe in a split second.

I think his turn to deceive the onrushing Bournemouth player is the better bit of play than the pass to be fair, that gives him the time to pick a man and make a mass without really being under any great pressure.

IMO the pass for the first goal should have been cut out by Stearman (thought Wilson used his arm to control the ball just before he took it into the corner) and the 'clip' by their forward should have been saved.
The second goal was Stearmans fault although the call was close. He also kicked one off the line that TK should have had. Good covering.
McDonalds pass was superb and Afobes first touch was first class and despite their defender pulling him back by his arm he put it away well.
The hand ball by their defender was a 50/50 decision we didn't get.

Small margins made the difference so even though we lost, I take comfort from the fact we were away to one of the divisions top sides.

Ridiculously poor first goal to concede. Moreso as we've been so tight at the back recently (fnarr).
On that showing, not convinced that stearmans foul was outside the box either.
I would like to see where KJ feels we should've had a penalty late on though.

It was at a free kick, might have been injury time, they failed to clear Sako's cross properly there was a bit of scramble and it did look like it hit Elphick's arm. Ref wasn't having any of it.

Not sure that Kenny covered himself in glory with the sub yesterday. Dicko coming off was fair as nothing was going for him, but the midfield needed bolstering & Edwards pushed forward with Price on to help McDonald rather than Doyle coming on would possibly have helped in getting control back (not that Doyle did that badly, just didn't do anything of real note either).

There was still time for a recovery after the penalty, but we achieved little with the formation we had out there

Would also have brought Henry on for VLP. VLP did give us energy and was the only one running at the Bournemouth defence, just not going in a sensible direction often enough. Henry might have brought a calmer approach & a more precise delivery

Back